Photo

Nerf Losing

12 replies to this topic

#1 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#2 bigbadmole

bigbadmole

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

i put 32$ on same thing and some guy put 33$ as soon as i placed :lol: what was the winnig bid
owned in the face

me

#3 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

It happens in almost every auction. It's called bid "snlping"

Edited by xNFx 37, 21 March 2008 - 09:56 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#4 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Just because something unfortunate happened to you doesn't mean you got to whine and go make a thread over here. So you lost your bid, what do you want us to do? Three or five guys are going to say, "Oh yeah, this happened to me too." And then what, end of story.

I'm just saying. Seems like another pointless topic. But not for you of course.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#5 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

Yep, and if you have a brain, that is how you will bid. There are lots of advantages to doing it. You can't get caught up in a bidding war if you bid in the last few seconds. You can just decide on the most you want to spend, and if you win it for that, then you win. If not, you don't have to worry about spending $50 when you originally planned on spending $25.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Too bad!... stock manta rays suck.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:18 PM

Yep, and if you have a brain, that is how you will bid. There are lots of advantages to doing it. You can't get caught up in a bidding war if you bid in the last few seconds. You can just decide on the most you want to spend, and if you win it for that, then you win. If not, you don't have to worry about spending $50 when you originally planned on spending $25.

Well yeah that's what I ussually do, but at least I didn't go over (if i had won) what I had wanted to spend on it which was $42.00 plus shipping (8.00). Totals to $50 which was what I wanted to spend.

#8 CyberPunkGunner

CyberPunkGunner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.

Oddly enough, imaseoulman and I were about to get into a bid war on a Spiderman Vs. Venom DTB, but thankfully I recognized his screen name and backed down.
You were born a winner
You were the fastest sperm.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, I hate peole who do that. Of the three things I bid on, I lost two within the last 15 seconds.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

Oddly enough, imaseoulman and I were about to get into a bid war on a Spiderman Vs. Venom DTB, but thankfully I recognized his screen name and backed down.

Hmm. That's odd because now on ebay for some reason they "block" out peoples screen names. All the screen names I was bidding against said "8**k" or "y**3". To help ensure safety

#11 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hmm. That's odd because now on ebay for some reason they "block" out peoples screen names. All the screen names I was bidding against said "8**k" or "y**3". To help ensure safety

Yes, but only recently (at least from what I could tell).

Before they instituted the safety feature, I swear, imaseoulman won EVERYTHING. You're ruthless :cry:.

Edit: on topic, don't whine if you get l3wzrd at the last second. There was someone who was willing to pay more than you. If you really wanted it, then you should have maxed your bid higher. They still would have won even if they bid before ("but I would've bid more then *whine**sob**being a fag"). If anything it would just push the price higher if they bid days before the auction ends. I usually just wait until within ~12hrs of an auctions end time to bid, unless I have some previous engagement which inhibits my bidding in that time frame, in which case I would bid as late as I could.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 22 March 2008 - 10:01 AM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, sometimes you even buy something, and it gets lost in the mail, etc.

Shit happens.

Grow some balls, move on with life.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#13 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Shit happens.

Grow some balls, move on with life.

i aggree, just move on with life.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users