Photo

Replacing Nf Spring

12 replies to this topic

#1 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

Instead of using a #49 spring, is there a spring in Mcmaster that I can use?
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

You could of just posted this in your old thread.

I say you google century springs. I heard they have any spring imaginable. Just find the specs of the spring and make sure its not too big or small.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

I didn't think this question was on topic with my other one.

I tried combining Mcmaster and Century measurements, but the spring I came up with had 70 pound of force, one that can tear apart a plunger and/or my finger. And I tried google, it didn't work.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

Well, the Handman 9713 (or 31) spring has around 35 lbs. of force, and that is just a bitch to cock. I use a TTG spring for my NF. Wait, maybe thats why I replaced the spring- the NF isn't too good. I prefer the TTG. Pretty silent, doesn't shoot up because of the hopping, better ranges, and looks WAY cooler.

But you want a NF, so I recommend a TTG spring, a cut down industrial spring, or just keeping the NF's.

Go to True Value, they usually have a bin for springs. Find out which one fits the plunger setup. I found a GREAT airsoft spring there, its a PDI 160% one pretty much.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

Actually, 9713 is 25lbs.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

I recently did a NF mod and it shoots about 30 feet, flat, with a slight wind against it.

I removed the AR's, slightly stretched the spring, and then took off the angle in the barrel (It improved ranges by a foot (WORTH IT)).

You do not need more than 45 feet out of a pistol because it is, yes, you guessed it, A PISTOL!

You don't need to eat shit (filter loss?) with a NiteFinder (unless it is doubled). That is why I have a at2k.

Edited by Lynx, 22 March 2008 - 08:59 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

I removed the AR's, slightly stretched the spring, and then took off the angle in the barrel (It improved ranges by a foot (WORTH IT)).

How much did you take off? JUST the angled part? (IE, the first 1/8th of a inch) Or did you cut back to the first ridge? Or somewhere in between? Pics would be lovely.

Frankly, once OMC's PETG arrives, I want to make my NF a carbine/rifle. :D It's ranges already match my semi-upgraded longshot (roughly 45ish feet)

Edited by Galaxy613, 22 March 2008 - 10:43 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#8 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

You do not need more than 45 feet out of a pistol because it is, yes, you guessed it, A PISTOL!

You don't need to eat shit (filter loss?) with a NiteFinder (unless it is doubled). That is why I have a at2k.

It's true that you don't need great range if you have a good primary, but that's not to say that it doesn't help.I'd rather have a 70 foot pistol than a 45, even if it's not truly necessary.

#9 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

The most important thing in a pistol is accuracy however. If someone's rushing you, and you are reloading your XBow (just an example) and you whip out your awesome "100 foot NF!!11!" and then the dart flies above his head, you're screwed.

Edited by xNFx 37, 23 March 2008 - 07:02 AM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#10 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

Actually, I found a Mcmaster-Carr spring that should work very well in a Nightfinder or Disk Shot, it is part #9662k31. It has the same measurements as the Handyman #9713 spring except it has slightly less coils per inch. Of course, if you bought it you would get enough for about 45 Nightfinders or Disk Shots, so you wouldn't ever have to worry about buying springs when modifying those sidearms again.

Edited by Blasphemy, 23 March 2008 - 08:58 AM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#11 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

If someone's rushing you...and you whip out your awesome "100 foot NF!!11!" and then the dart flies above his head, you're screwed.

Yes, because you're a terrible shot. My NF may shoot further than your "optimum" 45' but the dart velocity from 0-45' for mine is a lot faster than yours I'd wager. It shoots straight and If i can get my foam on target faster than you can, then that's just an added bonus.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

#12 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

The most important thing in a pistol is accuracy however. If someone's rushing you, and you are reloading your XBow (just an example) and you whip out your awesome "100 foot NF!!11!" and then the dart flies above his head, you're screwed.

Power and accuracy go hand in hand, both helped by long barrels, powerful springs, and well-sealed internals. Moreover, a more powerful gun gives them less time to react at a given range.

#13 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

I was just using an example. Like, most of my NF's are really accurate, some have nested brass, otheres CPVC, others PETG etc.

My least accurate one however, is my most powerful one. That is my precisionnerfer nf. I did it myself however.

It is strong, but not too accurate.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users