Titan With A Maverick Turret

Shotgun

11 replies to this topic

#1 jake44

jake44

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

This is my first mod writeup so bear with me. I wanted to do something that no one has ever done before, and I came up with this!

It is a shotgun titan that is very easy to get airtight. If you have a broken mav and a titan that you don't know what to do with well consider this. Anyway on to the write-up.
I couldn't get the pictures to work so you can find it here:
titan shotgun

Edited by jake44, 18 March 2008 - 08:30 PM.

(The infinite Shindig)
And For the record, my butt looks incredible in spandex. wink.gif

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

Nice mod. It is like the Absolver mod found here but it doesn't take as much effort. Also it is neat that if you have a broken mav you can use the turret.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 18 March 2008 - 08:51 PM.

#3 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Your link didn't work for me :( , but I'm guessing it's just like the Maverick Turrent\LBB mod? And have you tested ranges? I'm eager to see what you got :D .
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#4 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

As many people have already said the link doesn’t work but is it kind of like my mod with a titan?

Have you done a range test yet and if you have what is the range?

Edited by nerfalchemist, 18 March 2008 - 08:56 PM.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#5 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Link

^ The link.

#6 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

I just saw your gun, nice mod and write up. But i recomend sanding\drilling the air restrictors on the baller and main gun out, you don't need to open the gun. and cut your barrel down to about 3in. But all-in-all, good job. Still eager for ranges!
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#7 jake44

jake44

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

As many people have already said the link doesn’t work but is it kind of like my mod with a titan?

Have you done a range test yet and if you have what is the range?

One dart will go about 86ft the others all land about 78ft. 20 pumps With the pump plugged. The spread isn't much wider than 1.5 feet or so. Because all of the barrels are aligned

I just saw your gun, nice mod and write up. But i recomend sanding\drilling the air restrictors on the baller and main gun out, you don't need to open the gun. and cut your barrel down to about 3in. But all-in-all, good job. Still eager for ranges!

I did sand out the air restrictors, oops I forgot to mention that, I also plugged the pump.

Edited by jake44, 18 March 2008 - 09:11 PM.

(The infinite Shindig)

#8 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

Oh, then good job! It's just like Bendystraw's just you made use of your left-over parts, Bravo! I still think you could shorten the barrel a bit and get and a few extra feet.

#9 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

I like that you recycled a broken mav into something useful, you actually did a pretty good job of it, but I have several problems with the product.

1: The tank is to far away from the barrels, that cuts down on power (power= more darts fired)

2: It looks like you made it removeable, so you can still fire the missle not a bad idea, but not that useful

3: You would be able to fire more darts if you glued 4, 1/2" cpvc barrels inside of 1 1/4" pvc pipe and you can make multiples, easier reloading.

So in closing, please realise, this was meant as constructive critisism, what you did looks pretty good, but I think you can do better.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#10 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:44 AM

Nice work, good idea and use of the PVC adapter.

Like Dangaard said you should move the turret closer to the air output.

Also, I don't believe PVC cement is supposed to be used to attach PVC to other materials, just PVC to PVC.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#11 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

Nice mod you got there. I like the fact that you made a maverick turret more useful than it would ever be in an actual maverick shell. ;)

Consider getting that turret closer to the air tank. When you fire your titan, the air must fill that long barrel before pressure can build up enough so that the darts are forced out. The closer that you can get to the air tank, the farther and faster they will go.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#12 jake44

jake44

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

I like that you recycled a broken mav into something useful, you actually did a pretty good job of it, but I have several problems with the product.

1: The tank is to far away from the barrels, that cuts down on power (power= more darts fired)

2: It looks like you made it removeable, so you can still fire the missle not a bad idea, but not that useful

3: You would be able to fire more darts if you glued 4, 1/2" cpvc barrels inside of 1 1/4" pvc pipe and you can make multiples, easier reloading.

So in closing, please realise, this was meant as constructive critisism, what you did looks pretty good, but I think you can do better.

I shortened the barrel and got in the 90's! Thanks for the suggestion.
(The infinite Shindig)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users