Photo

Everyone Should See This, Mnsb War Recap

65 replies to this topic

#1 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:13 PM

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. A few pictures that I think defined our day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, and some clarification. Ryan kicks ass. Give him his xbow, the sexiest one I've ever seen by the way, or the new big blast and you've got your hands full. Seriously, everyone should have a big blast.

Posted Image

Messiah, holy shit. This guy came to the war in full camo and decked out in guns. I had to chuckle to myself a bit upon seeing him. I don't think anyone took him seriously before the war actually started. This guy wasn't going to hit anything today. I couldn't have been more wrong. Call it military tactics, call it what you will. His dual longshots and maverick, both of which may hit 30-40 ft a shot, dominated most of us going up against him. Props to you:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the games of assassins. Two people defending one person, the girl with a single shot pistol, and 3 attacking to try and "kill" her. One shot and she's out:

Posted Image

And goddamn you Flaming Hilt. That manta ray saved her ass way too many times:

Posted Image

Anyways, a few last words. It wasn't any more obvious to me today that the simple and efficient guns will prevail almost every time. I'm talking about singled xbows. One of our games it must have been 3 on about 6-7. Three of us with xbows against the rest who had any weapon of their choice. Can you guess who won?

Here's to all of the guys today. It felt great to be back into it again, if only for a few days. You guys rock, and I'll say that after every war. The veterans showed their stripes well, and a few noobs stood out today. Great war, and I can't wait for summer.

P.S. - Some of you may be wondering, some may not, why I haven't been posting any ridiculous mods lately. To put it bluntly: complicated, ridiculous mods fail in wars. It's the simple ones, often the ones that seem too simple, that actually work. The mods in the nerfhaven modification section are the ones that will give you the edge, not a nitemav. I've learned a lot about guns and wars in the past 2 years and one phrase sums it up: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Edited by Carrtoon, 15 March 2008 - 11:21 PM.

When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

Awesome...glad to see that the weather held out for you guys. I was wondering how slushy/snowy/muddy it would still be in that area. Looks like it was just about perfect.

Assassins looks like a pretty fun game variation...looking forward to trying that. Summer can't get here fast enough!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

P.S. - Some of you may be wondering, some may not, why I haven't been posting any ridiculous mods lately. To put it bluntly: complicated, ridiculous mods fail in wars. It's the simple ones, often the ones that seem too simple, that actually work. The mods in the nerfhaven modification section are the ones that will give you the edge, not a nitemav. I've learned a lot about guns and wars in the past 2 years and one phrase sums it up: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Finally, it's catching on.
I hate you.

#4 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Now you tell me. I'm almost done with my nitemav! Oh, well. Nice pics.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#5 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

Oi! Hilt, you better post your pictures as soon as possible! =)

Sam, did Messiah actually use his five clips without purposely wasting any shots?

It was an awesome day! I learned a few things, like my new love of the hornet. Also, I need to make 400 darts to every nerf war I go to, because almost everyone's darts don't fit in cpvc.

-Kanashimi

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

To put it bluntly: complicated, ridiculous mods fail in wars. It's the simple ones, often the ones that seem too simple, that actually work. The mods in the nerfhaven modification section are the ones that will give you the edge, not a nitemav. I've learned a lot about guns and wars in the past 2 years and one phrase sums it up: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

And people wonder why I've stuck with my Crossbow setup for the past 5 years...

Anyways, looks (and sounds) like you had a blast. I think it's always nice to have a mix of experienced players and newcomers, as well as a good mixture of guns to boot. First picture made me chuckle, by the way.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

Is that ICE and SNOW on the ground?

Sheesh. I'm not complaining anymore about our mid- 80s temperatures. :P

Messiah, holy shit. This guy came to the war in full camo and decked out in guns. I had to chuckle to myself a bit upon seeing him. I don't think anyone took him seriously before the war actually started. This guy wasn't going to hit anything today. I couldn't have been more wrong. Call it military tactics, call it what you will. His dual longshots and maverick, both of which may hit 30-40 ft a shot, dominated most of us going up against him. Props to you:

You mean messiahpsg1 ?

He made his bones? Dayum. I had him on my ban list. Okay, if he behaves I'll take him off my list.

I emphasized that comment above. You DON'T need gun-breaking power to do well if you just PLAY THE DAMN GAME. I just bought two Recons, and even STOCK they're pretty decent (I don't put any of the attachments on them, just clipped handgun).

Finally, it's catching on.

AAaah, OMC, hopefully everyone with a five-digit member number and up will begin to understand that too.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Good times, if you don't remember I was Zach, or the kid with the RF20. I loved the VIP/Assasination game, shooting at my sister was fun. That was a great turnout, I just wonder which people were from the forum or not. I noticed in all the pictures you took, I was using your BBB, that thing was great. I was glad that someone else had a lot of CPVC compatible guns. I will have the video on soon.

Edited by venom213, 16 March 2008 - 12:01 PM.

#9 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Man that was fun but it was a shame my brother called my dad and had him pick us up early. :P

#10 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

Wow playing in the snow. I imagine slipping was a problem. And could you feel the darts hit when you had coats on? I'm going to the OHNO later this month and I'd like to know what Nerfing in cold weather is like and how to prepare. Seems like it was a fun war though.

Seriously, everyone should have a big blast.

From what I've read about the Big Blast, looks like it performs as good or better than the commonly banned guns. Sounds like it should hit the ban list too.

Edited by oodalumps, 16 March 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#11 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

Wow playing in the snow. I imagine slipping was a problem. And could you feel the darts hit when you had coats on? I'm going to the OHNO later this month and I'd like to know what Nerfing in cold weather is like and how to prepare. Seems like it was a fun war though.

Well around the building thing there was quite a bit of ice, also there was some water that had gathered up in a pond like way. Some people stepped in it by accident (messiah actually went and walked through it to pick up some darts). I did have troubles telling if I was hit. My head had a thick hat on it and my mid-section had a t-shirt, a thinner sweatshirt, and a thick sweatshirt. But when my legs were hit I had very little trouble, in the assassination game I was protecting my sister and I got shot from really close by what might have been a crossbow, or maybe a pump-shotgun. It hurt like crazy.

#12 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Sam, did Messiah actually use his five clips without purposely wasting any shots?

Nope. I wonder what Messiah would be like if he didn't pretend he was in a combat zone? Carrying like 9 guns and backpack is kind of ridiculous.

Seriously, everyone should have a big blast.

From what I've read about the Big Blast, looks like it performs as good or better than the commonly banned guns. Sounds like it should hit the ban list too.

Fuck the ban list. The only thing that will ever be banned is Ryan's air tank titan.

I will add my actual thoughts on the war when I see fit.

#13 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

"I wonder what Messiah would be like if he didn't pretend he was in a combat zone?"

no different. i take what i get.

"Messiah, holy shit. This guy came to the war in full camo and decked out in guns. I had to chuckle to myself a bit upon seeing him. I don't think anyone took him seriously before the war actually started. This guy wasn't going to hit anything today. I couldn't have been more wrong. Call it military tactics, call it what you will. His dual longshots and maverick, both of which may hit 30-40 ft a shot, dominated most of us going up against him. Props to you."

That was wonderful, and just what i needed. that's going in my sig.

LONG LIVE THE MAVERICK.

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 16 March 2008 - 06:47 PM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#14 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Carrtoon! What happened to that picture of me looking so cool with the reflection off my sunglasses?

Ok, and some clarification. Ryan kicks ass. Give him his xbow, the sexiest one I've ever seen by the way, or the new big blast and you've got your hands full. Seriously, everyone should have a big blast.

Haha, Thank you. Xbows are teh shit. That and my big blast might be the only two guns I ever use again.

Anyways, a few last words. It wasn't any more obvious to me today that the simple and efficient guns will prevail almost every time. I'm talking about singled xbows. One of our games it must have been 3 on about 6-7. Three of us with xbows against the rest who had any weapon of their choice. Can you guess who won?

Word. It's so true. The best thing is, none of us three died, yet we killed every last person.

...Messiah, you definitely had enough guns. You might have not had range but you had an incredibly high rate of fire. I remember when I was sitting in the tower, you shot me twice, in the chest, both shots within 15 seconds of each other.

Overall it was an awesome time, and I am glad that I made the trip again. At about 3:30 in the morning the day of the war, ready to hit the road, I was asking myself why in the world am I doing this. As soon as I got there I knew why.

Thanks to everyone who came out, and thank god Carrtoon was always on my team. I don't think it was too fair to have us on the same team with his Crossbow/Pump shotgun or my Crossbow/Big Blast.

Hilt, post those pictures, I thought you'd be on top of that by now....That manta ray was incredible. Actually you were just incredibility good at blocking shots with it.

Summer is going to be the shit. Count me in.

Fuck the ban list. The only thing that will ever be banned is Ryan's air tank titan.

Damn, I like that gun. It would have seriously pierced through skin though..

Edited by Ryan201821, 16 March 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#15 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Man, could have sworn I uploaded those...

Without further ado, Ryan pr0n

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, we had some issues slipping on ice. Luke ate it the first round. Slammed on his back and luckily didn't hit his head. We got around this by playing plenty of tower rounds. It was about 35 degrees and windy. It got quite cold after the sun went behind the clouds. Oh, and coats were for wusses...
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#16 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Oh, and coats were for wusses...

Oh, Carrtoon, you're just jealous I was warm in my knee long leather coat. Did you see 'Hilt and his friends jumping up and down to stay warm?

Thanks letting me borrow the Magstrike and Hornet! My Magstrike should come in the mail any time from tomorrow to next week, and I need to beg my mom to bring me to Toysrus for a Hornet. I wouldn't use the magstrike too much though. I lost over half of my darts because of yours!

Hilt, at least post that group picture of the top row pointing their guns at your friend while I pointed my Nitefinder at Carrtoon's head.

Kanashimi

P.s. Oi! Why were you guys taking group pictures while I was going to the rest room?

P.p.s. Carrtoon, I still gotta put your question as my sigg. "Do you want to be assassinated?"

P.p.p.s. Yeah, I agree with Ryan's Air tank Titan being banned. Dang, so strong... Ryan, how many shots can you get from that tank?

Edited by Kanashimi, 16 March 2008 - 08:51 PM.

#17 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

Haha, what the fuck. It looks like my face is decaying. It looks cool though.

P.p.p.s. Yeah, I agree with Ryan's Air tank Titan being banned. Dang, so strong... Ryan, how many shots can you get from that tank?

About 20-30 shots depending on how high the PSI is.

Edited by Ryan201821, 16 March 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#18 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

What you've all been waiting for.
Highlights:

Battle Tactics?
Posted Image

JJ Keeps an entire team at bay with his Powerclip.
Posted Image

Yea, you're dead.
Posted Image

Luckily we didn't have to share.
Posted Image

JJ holding the top of the tower.
Posted Image

Messiah decides to try for a different angle.
Posted Image

Dan gets comfortable guarding the stairs.
Posted Image

No, you don't have enough guns.
Posted Image

Go get 'em, boys.
Posted Image

Ryan comfortably takes aim.
Posted Image

Nate weighing his options.
Posted Image

And carnage ensues...
Posted Image

"Yea, I'm cool..."
Posted Image

And, finally...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whole Album.
(I haven't filtered out the bad ones yet, sorry)

I couldn't agree more: basic guns work better.

It was icy, but being experienced Minnesotans we were fine. Except Luke. But that was a REALLY icy spot.
Can't wait 'till summer! Sam, you can have the next one.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

Nice pictures Hilt, but you have got to put more pictures of me on! Anyway, I think we had a total turnout of 15, including my sister, who pretty much just complained to me the whole time. I bet that will be even more at a summer war. I am very glad I came to this war, I learned a lot about what wars are really like, and what guns do the best. Expect to see me at future wars, with a vengeance!

#20 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:03 AM

for ten points, who can tell me how much their big blast cost?

#21 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

for ten points, who can tell me how much their big blast cost?

They cost roughly the same amount of points you offered to anyone that can tell you the price.

Well, I figure I'll recap now
Ups:
-Being on Carrtoon and Ryan's team pretty much the entire day, we should start a clan or something bad ass, with t-shirts!
-Finally having some good springer primaries(x-bow and SNAP)
-SNAP 1=x-Bow in terms of performance
-Realizing how awesome Splitfires are
-Finding out that Big Blasts are a must have item in any arsenal
-Watching Hilt block damn near everything with his Manta (more notes on that later)
-Laughing my ass of whenever I saw Messiah
-Having some bad ass people people post in this recap thread
Downs (syndrome?)
-Having shitty accuracy the whole day
-Having my darts just a little too lose, most likely causing the shitty accuracy
-My coupler coming of my X-bow at the end of the day
-losing a shit ton of darts
-Not being able to holster my SF, or any sidearm really
-Hilt not selling me his Manta Ray so I could put a SF and a LnL on it and use it with my X-Bow

Bitchin' war, fellas. Summer is going to be bomb.

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

Congratulations. Now all of you understand what this forum is actually about. (Nerfing)
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#23 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out, and thank god Carrtoon was always on my team. I don't think it was too fair to have us on the same team with his Crossbow/Pump shotgun or my Crossbow/Big Blast.

Only for the towers games. You know us noobs got you, Sam, Carrtoon, and Hilt in nearly(?) every game of Capture the Flag!

Ugh... I guess I really should make a +bow... Nah, just wait till I get a hornet. They rule!

-Kanashimi

#24 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

venom, get the video from your sister to complete the recap.

videos are a must, at least someone thought to bring one.

#25 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

I wish I could've been there. Seriously.

That is a GREAT turnout. I miss smaller wars, to some extent. Armageddon's freaking huge, and as of late, YANOs have been pretty pathetic, save for the last one. Your turnout that day was perfect, and there was a huge variety of people. Not to mention how freaking awesome that location is. That playground is Effeminate!

Someday, Bags and I'll be there, and we're gonna party hard. You guys KNOW how to put on a war.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users