Help Broken Powerclip

no it's not an air leak

15 replies to this topic

#1 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:08 PM

The clip on my powerclip doesn't advance any, except like the first 2 shots. This happened the night after I put two more rubber bands around the air tank thingy, for a total of three rubber bands. The night I put two more rubber bands on, it worked fine. But the next night it didn't. So I try several different things, such as loosening the case, tightening the case, but none of them worked. I tried taking off rubber bands, putting more on, loosening the rubber bands a bit, taking the tape off the sides of the clips, putting more tape on the sides of the clips, but none of them worked. So I'm thinking, is it the piston, the clips, what's wrong? Can anyone tell me if my powerclip is broken and I need a new one or if I can fix it? This is my baby and I'm very sad. B)

Thanks
"It's never the obvious..." -Me
"Trust no one, not even yourself" -Me
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#2 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:37 PM

Alright, well, a power clip in need is never good. I can't offer you too much advice on how to fix it, but I can only ask what you did to it in terms of modding. Did you make the clip removable? Because if you did, I have reason to beleive the mechanism that works the clip may be damaged to a certain extent. That's basically all I can offer in terms of help. I do wish you good luck with this, I'd hate to hear that a power clip would be wasted.
Sylent Blade

http://cam-m.cjb.net

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:37 PM

Tape.

On the sides of the clips.

Is probably not a good thing.

It's all in the fit of the case around the clip.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

I agree with cx, that it's probably the tape, but I was wondering if the gun still fires but doesn't advance. If that's the case, there's probably something wrong with the clip. Take the clip out and try firing the gun without it. If the PC works then, then it's something with the clip, whether it's the tape or something else.
Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

#5 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:07 PM

Well, I took off the tape, and it still doesn't advance. The gun does shoot, but the clip doesn't advance. I think there is someting wrong with the piston. Does anyone have a powerclip they would like to sell to me?
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:23 PM

I've heard something about rubber bands being linked to a misfire or decline of some pistons. If you're forcing more air through the piston at a faster rate, I think that could definately do something to your gun...

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:56 PM

Well, I originally only had one rubber band on it, then I put the other ones on then it messed up. I tried taking off all the rubber bands and shooting and it still only advanced for 2 or 3 shots then the clip stayed where it was, and the gun kept firng without the clip advancing.

#8 Out To Lunch

Out To Lunch

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:05 PM

I have a PowerClip that does the same thing. Strangely, it only does it once in a long while... only when im in a war B) .

#9 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 10:44 AM

Pistol mod it.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#10 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:19 PM

My PC did that too, I tightened up the screws around the clip on the case and that fixed the problem. Make sure the bands and tape are off of the clip too.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#11 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 03:45 PM

Well I tightened the screws as much as I could, and that didn't really help. Should I wrap duct tape tightly around the case where the clip is so it'll be real tight? And what will pistol modding it do?

#12 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:11 PM

itll single it, which i know sucks, however, u can use the clip on sumin else, sell the clip, plus the gun will shoot multiple times before u have to prime (in this case pump) again. It'll also be smaller. And if the clip wont work, u might as well.......
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#13 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:27 PM

I know this is an very old topic, but I have something useful to add, mabey...

Anyway, The problem is that the case isn't tight enough. The piston is twisting a little because it goes a little to the left instead of striaght, which is makeing the clip not go up. To fix this, I'm gonna try gooping a peice of metal in right were the clip advancer moves, so it won't move to the side. Any thoughts or alternat solutions?
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#14 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:10 PM

So what does banding the tank on the powerclip do?

--Diego
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#15 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

Increase range and RoF.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#16 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:43 PM

Ok, so I tried it, and...bitter faileur. Then, I used a peice of paper that's hot glued to the case and that worked well.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users