Photo

I Need Some Serious Opinions

I am thinking of trying to vreate a board game

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Zombie Board Game (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like zombie movies or books?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would be willing to play a board game based on zombies

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would like the game to be kind of like HeroScape

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Well, Me and my friend were sitting in Study Hall today playing Monopoly. And we got on the subject of board games ( I more or less steered it that way). I told him my idea of having a zombie based board game, but had no idea if any one would like it. After talking about it for an hour or so, we decided on what it would be like. Having three (3) factions: Zombies, Survivors, and Military. You would have a city or suburb like setting where you had to reach the exit, extraction zone, or camp to win. You would move according to your dice roll, and have a couple piles of cards. You know cards like when a zombie attacks, you find a survivor etc. Now what I am asking you is to give me HONEST feed back on what you think. This is only a plan, not a solid project, I need to see if a solid market would be out there. I appreciate anything you give me.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

That would be friggin awesome.

#3 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:34 PM

Just be prepaired it's not if zombies attack it's when... anyways, i would play it really and buy a couple copies for my friends.

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Zombie board games are fun. Your concept sounds a little like Zombies!!!
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

I read that entire article about Zombies!!!. Its the same concept I want to use, yes, but have it like RISK with having dice battles to kill a zombie or defend the base, the exit, or ones self. Instead of having 2-d tiles, it would be a buildable 3-d environment. You would have roads, road blocks, buildings, among some other things. The card system I would use would involve 2-3 piles depending on what game type you're playing. The two piles would be scenario cards and the other would be the percent of a zombie attack on your spot. You would then have to roll a dice and get 3 or lower to escape and if you get a 5 or higher you fight (dice battle, based on RISK). The 2 piles would be used when you play time attack (get to the exit as fast as possible) or a cut down simple version instead of the full blown thing. The simple version is hard to explain but I hope you get the picture. Now the third pile would be ethics cards where you are faced with something like "You find an injured survivor, Do you take him or leave him?" or "One of your members left your party do you continue without him?" things like that.

This is why I need your opinions and suggestions. I really want to do this, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be that well received or it just never happens because of some odd reason based on copy right laws. This is me actually worrying here, I see a way to make a lot of money and have fun in the process, but that something will happen to stop that from happening.

#6 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

just do it all yourself, and you should be fine. besides, if it does violate them you can still sell them "under the table" to us. possibly have it be somewhat similar to war hammer, where you can make your own environment, as well as buying x feet of road, or guard tower, ect. if cheapish i might buy it.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:57 AM

I think it sounds interesting. It would take alot of work and some way of mass producing them but I think, if enough time was spent, it would be very enjoyable.

I'd love one if it turned out well.

just do it all yourself, and you should be fine. besides, if it does violate them you can still sell them "under the table" to us. possibly have it be somewhat similar to war hammer, where you can make your own environment, as well as buying x feet of road, or guard tower, ect. if cheapish i might buy it.

Yeah, but then we'd all need to hire Direct Thread to paint all our models now wouldn't we?
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#8 supercellghost

supercellghost

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:27 AM

I would love to play a board game like that.I would buy one for cheap but still its a good idea. :D

#9 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

Well, it sounds fun, but you could just play real-life humans vs. zombies.
Still a good idea, if you're too tired or lazy to organize a HvZ game.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#10 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Well, it sounds fun, but you could just play real-life humans vs. zombies.
Still a good idea, if you're too tired or lazy to organize a HvZ game.

Well some people just don't have the amount of people near them to play an HvZ game. When we were talking yesterday, my friend (who plays war hammer) had suggested we do a build it your self kinda' models for the people. And it is very time consuming to paint one of those figures, he told me how long it took him to do a couple figures (like 4 hours). So with the game you could get the build it yourself figures or pre-built figures that come with or you can buy with the game.

P.C: Thats why I wanted to know if people would like it to be kinda like heroscape, where you can build you environment, but with zombies. I also explained the war hammer part in the response above this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users