Photo

Ordering Airsoft Guns If You're Under 18

9 replies to this topic

#1 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hey all, I'm only 17, and I want to purchase this gun here, but it says I need to be 18 to order stuff from there. I will not be using this gun for malicious purposes, I just want to make it shoot nerf darts. I have a paypal account, and I purchase stuff on my own all the time, I've never had to sign for anything, or show any ID, but I'm wondering if this is any different.

tl;dr: will I get caught for being under 18 if I order an airsoft gun online?

Edited by Trevor, 14 March 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Save yourself the trouble and don't bother buying it, airsoft guns are no good for converting to nerf guns. Your better of just buying a NF or something.

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 14 March 2008 - 06:26 PM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, not worth the effort. besides, the pistons are really small, designed for stuff a fraction of the weight of a nerf dart.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#4 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Save yourself the trouble and don't bother buying it, airsoft guns are no good for converting to nerf guns. Your better of just buying a NF or something.

I already have a few NFs. This airsoft gun is the grenade launcher model, and it's able to propel a paintball at ~200FPS. I figure that if it can do that, then it must be able to shoot a nerf dart a decent distance. Also, the gun looks cool, and has a lot of empty space near the top. I figured I could put together some sort of magazine setup, or maybe an integration into that space.

take a look here: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10991

3DBBQ uses this gun, so I figured it must have some potential.

Edited by Trevor, 14 March 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#5 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

You won't get caught if you buy it with paypal as long as the credit card is under you Mom or Dad's or someone who is over eighteen's name . I doubt they'll check the records, but better safe then sorry.

I've done it before and I'm not 18 so I'm pretty sure you won't get caught. And I think the only people you should be afraid of are more worried about cracking down on fake IDs and under age drinking.

Edited by Scotch, 14 March 2008 - 06:52 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#6 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

You won't get caught if you buy it with paypal as long as the credit card is under you Mom or Dad's or someone who is over eighteen's name . I doubt they'll check the records, but better safe then sorry.

I've done it before and I'm not 18 so I'm pretty sure you won't get caught. And I think the only people you should be afraid of are more worried about cracking down on fake IDs and under age drinking.

OK cool, the credit card is under my name, so then everything should be fine.

#7 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

I'm 16 years old. I have ordered airsoft guns on the internet for a year now and the only place that actually checks if you are 18 is depot53. They don't really care that much. And in order to convert it to shoot darts you need to find a way to increase the air out put because the pistons, heads, and plunger tubes are about the size of your index finger plus a couple inches. Your average nerf dart weighs around .25 to .35 grams. Thats light enough to be propelled, but not far. 30-35 feet at the most. Its a cool idea, but its not practical. You could just get a night finder and lightly mod it and get that range. Sure you would look cooler with the M203 but if your area is strict on gun control, then chances are your gonna get your shit taken away or worse get sent to jail. I applaud you for thinking out side the box, its just not practical. Oh and if you want a pic of the plunger assembly ( I am not taking the whole thing apart) then ask and I'll post one of one of my springers.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

Well as it says in the link someone posted... There was another link within that.

for people who dont want to look:
http://store.matrixb...-Grenade/Detail

I think I might try to take a whack at it. maybe just put an at2k on top too.

#9 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

... a paintball at ~200FPS.

It says on the page that it fires 11mm rounds. Those paintballs are the ones that are...about double the size of an airsoft bb. 200fps for an airsoft pellet or paintball is nothing, especially when it is an 11mm one.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#10 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

Well as it says in the link someone posted... There was another link within that.

for people who dont want to look:
http://store.matrixb...-Grenade/Detail

I think I might try to take a whack at it. maybe just put an at2k on top too.

I don't know if its just because of where I live. but that gun in the link + S&H costs like $35, I checked out the hobbytron site, and the gun is $17 there, but S&H is only like $8. so it only comes to around $26.

also, here are some internal pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: I pmed 3DBBQ and he said it gets ranges comparable to the L'n'L so I'm thinking 60~70feet.

Edited by Trevor, 15 March 2008 - 09:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users