Photo

Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

29 replies to this topic

#1 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

Any good ideas for games me and some of my friends could play? Getting a bit tired of AoE2 (don't ask why we play it...). I'm not looking for a load of people mentioning WoW, Halo and CoD4 etc. (although the latter is awesome on PS3). I'm looking for some more forgotern/obscoure/old games that would be fun to play together.

Any spec, as well as some specficly lower spec/older games as i'm stuck with a Pentium 3 desktop for the next few weeks/months.

The reason I ask is simply because I can't think of any, and some of you guys will know your stuff about games.

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

How about nerfing? Give that a try sometime.
I hate you.

#3 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

I play astonia. The new version is f2p. It's pretty low quality, but it's really fun. I just started up a new batch of characters again.
Easy to get the hang of, and easy to level.

#4 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

Jump 'n' Bump (Google it)
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#5 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

How about nerfing? Give that a try sometime.

I already have. It's rather fun, which is why I joined this forum.

Thanks for the input so far. Not too keen on MMORPG's, but I may give Astiona a try some time anyway. Jump 'n' Bump is kinda odd, haha, intresting though. Thanks!

Keep 'em coming guys!

Edited by Wisey!, 12 March 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#6 stickfigure91x

stickfigure91x

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Alien vs. Predator 2. One of the sweetest games I have ever played in my entire life. For 20 bucks you get the main game and its expansion. Let me know if you get it, we can rock out online.
The laughing will cease when the effectiveness is proven.

#7 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

I recommend Battlefield 1942 (the original). It was a great game, still is, although is a bit dated. If you can find it, I would strongly recommend buying it. I last saw it a few months ago bundled with both the expansion packs and BF:vietnam for $20 (USD). Plus, there are so many mods and custom maps, you'll be endlessly entertained.
Poke around the files here
USA

#8 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

Counter Strike or Counter Strike Source. Best game IMO.
CS is $10, and CS:S is $20
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#9 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

Urban Terror
Its a free FPS shooter that is like CS.

#10 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

Urbandead.
Free low-tech MMORPG zombie killer.
You can be an active player and only be on for 5 minutes a day so you have more time to nerf.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#11 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

I would recommend World of Warcraft it's the only game you will ever have to buy.

Bring it bitches!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

I would recommend World of Warcraft it's the only game you will ever have to buy.

Bring it bitches!

Damn-it, Stop that Ted! I've been adicted to a variety of MMORPG's in my day (my clan in WOW had all the server firsts when I quit), but I would NEVER recomend the passtime to anybody else.

Simply put, if you are to get any good at this game, it will eat your life. It is a viscious endless cycle of leveling to get gear, and getting gear to level. There is no endgame, just pain.

#13 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Bring it bitches!

Damn-it, Stop that Ted! I've been adicted to a variety of MMORPG's in my day (my clan in WOW had all the server firsts when I quit), but I would NEVER recomend the passtime to anybody else.

Simply put, if you are to get any good at this game, it will eat your life. It is a viscious endless cycle of leveling to get gear, and getting gear to level. There is no endgame, just pain.

Wait what was that? Your vagina made you quit WoW?

Someone's just a little pissy because they don't have an Effeminate flying mount like I do.
Posted Image

#14 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

If your in to Star Wars, like I am, you should try Star Wars: Galaxies. It is an MMORPG, but it is still great.

Also, Dungeon Siege is excellent. The two sequels, Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna, and Dungeon Siege 2, although still great, aren't as good as the original in my opinion.

Edited by Blasphemy, 13 March 2008 - 02:38 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#15 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

I haven't played many PC games, but one I think was pretty cool is Unreal Tournament 2004. It's kind of old but it is still pretty fun. I usually play Xbox 360, but I still need to get live (I used to have it).

#16 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Soldat.

I love soldat, and at one point was top 10 player in NA :D

It's great even if you don't have loads of experience.

Edited by Peter, 13 March 2008 - 07:22 PM.

igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#17 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

Pawngame.com

Interesting little fps. Free of course.

#18 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Soldat.

MADNESS!

I've been playing quadradius some recently- online space checkers with power-ups.

#19 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

About WOW, other than the first reasons, I'd complain about the graphics.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Someone's just a little pissy because they don't have an Effeminate flying mount like I do.

You're right. I hate my girlfriend and real job. I'm just gonna sit in my parents' basement, eat cheetos and whine about my acne over teamspeak....that's working out sweet for you, right?

#21 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

On topic:

Unreal Tournament 2k4 has been alot of fun at the LAN parties I go to. Another good FPS is Quake 4, if people like that kind of game. A few newer ones are CS:S, as has been mentioned (though only when playing with friends), Team Fortress 2, Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 (a Half-Life 2 mod that is still in Beta, but alot of fun), and Quake Wars. Quake wars especially is alot of fun in groups.

Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance are great RTSs if you have a system that can handle them. THey're alot like AOE2, but more fun and alot newer (if you recall Total Annihilation, SC is its sequel). Rise of Nations Gold is another old but good RTS along the lines of AOE2.

I'm not sure what genre it falls under, but the Worms games (Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, etc) are a HUGE amount of fun.

#22 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:22 AM

I'm not sure what genre it falls under, but the Worms games (Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, etc) are a HUGE amount of fun.

Yes! I was just about to say that. Get Worms Armageddon. It's by far the best, in my opinion. They're totally non-serious games that are way fun to play with friends, or just with the computers.

#23 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

You're right. I hate my girlfriend and real job. I'm just gonna sit in my parents' basement, eat cheetos and whine about my acne over teamspeak....that's working out sweet for you, right?

All the cool kids use Vent, VACC.

#24 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Ummm... yeah why the fuck would I want to do anything else right now?

I'm thinking about dropping nerf for the world. Why drive 45 minutes for an event when I can just walk to my computer?

At least my guild recognizes what I have contributed unlike the nic!

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 14 March 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#25 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

Alien vs. Predator 2. One of the sweetest games I have ever played in my entire life. For 20 bucks you get the main game and its expansion. Let me know if you get it, we can rock out online.

Fucking seconded. Some of the deepest most intense and scary multilayer to date.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users