The Pulse Rifle

first springer

15 replies to this topic

#1 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

This is my first working springer. It has an inline clip that holds six darts for greater ROF. It gets ranges from 60 to 75 feet. The inline clip is made out of 1/2 inch copper barrel and is very loose on my darts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ejrasmussen, 09 March 2008 - 11:04 PM.

#2 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

If I were you, I'd rip off all ot the crappy cosmetics like the fake clip. What's the plunger tube made out of?
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#3 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, I agree with Qui'lan Fett, you should take off the fake clip, or at least make a better looking one. Also, what are the two barrels on the side of the main barrel for?
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#4 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

Don't call it a pulse rifle. Thats like calling aluminum steel or calling lead gold. So, unless it looks like a pulse rifle, or functions like a pulse rifle, don't call it a pulse rifle. But remove the cosmetics and make it a pistol with a PJ.

Edited by General Cole, 10 March 2008 - 12:31 AM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#5 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

I say to each his own. If you like the extra cosmetics, why not keep them? I assume you're going for an M16 look, because it does look similar to one. Critically speaking though, I would clean up the look of the gun. It wouldn't be too hard to clean up the goopy joints and give it a nice looking paint job. You should also not use copper pipe for a barrel material. Go to your local hobby shop and purchase some brass tubing or buy some PETG from OMC; I always hear great reviews from his stuff. Or, if you have slightly smaller FBR, look into CPVC as a very cheap alternative.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:38 AM

in addition to ripping off the cosmetics i would also sand/hammer/grind/etc the point of the nail off.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:56 AM

Don't call it a pulse rifle. Thats like calling aluminum steel or calling lead gold.

Or like calling crap an RF100 or a ridiculous integration Bob the Guru...seriously, you're the last person who should be giving anybody naming suggestions.
And, in fact, you can tell that it is modelled after a Pulse Rifle. Sure, it may not look exactly like the one from Aliens, but if you look sideways and squint a little you can tell that it has the same basic shape...sorta.

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

I like it, from the standpoint that you took something, made it functional, and made it your own. The range and ROF you describe are very respectable.

As far as assembly:

Give superglue a try. It works very well on PVC, and is incredibly durable. Plus, you avoid the whole gloopy joint look. If that's hot glue (not sure what it is, really), I'd worry about the whole thing holding together in general.

Trim down your charging handle, or replace it with something short and rounded. I'm assuming that the rear handle is attached directly to the plunger, meaning that that piece will fly forward when you fire. Such a design leads to blood: I speak from experience.

Are you able to get a good pull on the clothespin? It still looks like it could use a bit of a trigger.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

1 It is not named after the pulse rifle and I don't have any idea what the pulse rifle is because im not over 18 and allowed to watch an R rated movie, nor do i think half the people on this site should be watching an R rated movie.
2 I took theese pictures about more than a month ago and have made better cosmetic changes to it as of changing the charging handle to a bit of cpvc adding a trigger and sanding. I don't think general cole should be making any cosmetic critisism if you havent seen his BTG and his RF100 which look like shit.
3 The copper barrel is for the inline clip as I stated and is connected via cpvc coupler to 3 inches of cpvc.

Edited by ejrasmussen, 10 March 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#10 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

1 It is not named after the pulse rifle and I don't have any idea what the pulse rifle is because im not over 18 and allowed to watch an R rated movie, nor do i think half the people on this site should be watching an R rated movie.
2 I took theese pictures about more than a month ago and have made better cosmetic changes to it as of changing the charging handle to a bit of cpvc adding a trigger and sanding. I don't think general cole should be making any cosmetic critisism if you havent seen his BTG and his RF100 which look like shit.
3 The copper barrel is for the inline clip as I stated and is connected via cpvc coupler to 3 inches of cpvc.

I think he's coming at ya Cole. And you only have to be 17 to watch an R rated movie.

Can we get a picture of the new changes? I think you should have just originally posted them, instead of age old pictures.
Teehee.

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

From Wikipedia

R - Restricted
Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#12 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Oh, Christ on a pogo stick (yes, that's from Armake21). Since when are people so caught up on the cosmetics of a gun that they overlook the gun itself? Has that much changed in the past year? OK, the magazine and the bondings look a little sloppy, but holy shit, people. You're all starting a little flame war over how it appears and not what it does. If you don't like the magazine, or the paintjob, then go build your own damn variant and then name it whatever you want. Did the FuckingPecan actually fuck pecans? No. Was it equipped to fuck pecans? I hope not. Think about the stupidity of your own words.

On the subject of what it does, how is the overall performance of the gun? As in, is everything durable? Any jams? What about something like an NF in the picture for overall size comparison.

Edit: A loose barrel is not the best choice for a springer, although I am not sure about how well the inline clip would fare with a tighter one. But, hey, whatever works.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 11 March 2008 - 08:17 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#13 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

I simply implied that the M41A Pulse Rifle is a SPECIFIC NAME. I guess I got a little defensive because I have spent about a thousand dollars and a lot of time into a M41A Pulse Rifle to Magstrike conversion kit. So sorry. And I am sorry you think that my BTG (now known as the Cactus so people would shut up) is ugly, but it was only posted to show that I do more than convert oxygen to carbon dioxide, not to have my ego stroked. So sorry.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#14 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

I guess I got a little defensive because I have spent about a thousand dollars and a lot of time into a M41A Pulse Rifle to Magstrike conversion kit.

Ummmm... no you didn't.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

I guess I got a little defensive because I have spent about a thousand dollars and a lot of time into a M41A Pulse Rifle to Magstrike conversion kit.

Ummmm... no you didn't.

I think he's including incidentals. Take, for example, those two prostitutes he got me last night; Incidentally, they may have left with more than a tip.

VACC
~GWAR~

#16 Squilt

Squilt

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

It kind of looks like a Battle rifle from Halo 3
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr.... oOoo...

Wait, your licking hot glue?Insane. But I like it.

-- Spyder S.nyper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users