Photo

Big Salvo

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

alrighty. i did the repair on the o ring for the trigger. it still leaks so im guessing i need more tape... can anyone show me a picture of how raised it should be? also if i plug the pump about how many pumps should i use? thanks ahead of time.

edit: alrighty... etape problem is pretty much fixed. still need the pump number though.

Edited by Kid Flash, 09 March 2008 - 05:00 PM.

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

It really is impossibe to say how many pumps it will take. Each BS is going to be a little different (kina like the MS's I have...one of them takes 30 pumps before the OVP kicks in and another takes 45+). On my best Big Salvo, it takes only 12-14 pumps...others that are a bit more leaky take 20-24 pumps... The best advice I could give you would be to count the number of pumps until the OVP kicks in. If that number is low (around ten) add two more pumps, if it's high (15+) you could probably get around 3-4 more pumps. You do want to be careful because I have blown a few seals out of the front of the barrel when I was first experimenting with a Big Salvo. Hope this helps.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

thanks... ill count them and try it out.

#4 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

Ahh, and do be careful. I made the mistake (the first time I plugged a BS pump) of plugging ALL of the holes in the plunger. It effectively turned it in to a syringe instead of a pump. *sigh* Then I had to cut the back end apart again.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

Ahh, and do be careful. I made the mistake (the first time I plugged a BS pump) of plugging ALL of the holes in the plunger. It effectively turned it in to a syringe instead of a pump. *sigh* Then I had to cut the back end apart again.

i decided not to do it because of the cutting... i dont really have anything GOOD to seal it with... the most i could do is hotglue and etape.

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Flash, clean up your grammar.
I hate you.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

i decided not to do it because of the cutting... i dont really have anything GOOD to seal it with... the most i could do is hotglue and etape.

There's nothing you need to seal. If you cut the pump tube close to the opening, you just need to hotglue the OPV and then put it back together. The BS is sufficiently strong though that you don't need to plug the pump.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users