My first integration

9 replies to this topic

#1 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

I wanted to add something to my shotgun titan, as a backup while repumping. Sitting on my desk was a 2k, so I got on it. Please note that photobucket was being a bitch about resizing, so most pictures are in the form of links.

Materials-
Something to cut with
Glue
Screwdriver
Drinking straw
40 lb fishing line
Key ring
Epoxy
Titan with Absolver mod (or similar)
At2k
Dremel
Zip ties

Upon opening my titan, I found that the vinyl tubing to my pressure gauge looked like this

Posted Image

Instead of this (Which we also end up removing)

Posted Image

So, in addition to removing the stuff around our integration point (the bottom handle) I went about cutting off the gauge as well.
Use whatever you like to cut, and cut the vinyl tubing between the check valve for the hornet, and the pressure gauge. After you cut the pressure gauge, unscrew the white cap holding the tubing. This allows you to pull it out.

Posted Image

Take your epoxy and goop over the holes you've just made. This is what mine looked like right after I epoxied.

http://i266.photobuc.../Picture386.jpg

After this, I tore out anything related to the Scout, as I don't have one, and the rest of the hornet parts (like the trigger) as it is now pointless.

Posted Image

All in all, remove this stuff.

Posted Image

It's not necessary, but I completed the hole that the pressure gauge was resting in.

Posted Image

Now we dremel out the bottom handle. Make it look like this,

Posted Image

and don't forget to dremel out the front to allow the pump tube to poke through.

I don't have any more open pictures of the blaster, but place your 2k internals in the shell, pump in the clean dremeled space, air tank and liquitron hanging out. If you didn't notice the dremeled holes for the 2k's tubing in the other picture, dremel holes for it through the bottom of the titan's handle. Glue the pump tube in place. Close up the titan.

Glue the barrel of the 2k to the bottom of the squarish jut on the front handle. Because the vinyl tubing is trying to expand, your barrel will point upwards. I used 2 zip ties to fix this- one on the tubing, one on the barrel.

Posted Image

Lastly, the trigger system. Take your fishing line and cut about a foot off. Lace it through the spring on the firing pin, and tie it off. Cut about an inch of your straw, and thread the line through it. Glue the straw to the side of the titan's handle. This will keep it in place while you run. Tie the rest of the line around your key ring, and cut off the excess.

Posted Image

You're done! I would only keep about 4 pumps in the airtech, like any other. As for the titan, I didn't plug the overpressure valve, so I just pump until it kicks in.

Posted Image

Ranges are typical. The 4 shot titan gets around 80', and the airtech about 110'.
This was my first integration, and while it's not very clean, I'm proud of it. This has been an Aslan Arms production.
Questions? Comments? Flames?

Edited by lionhead333, 08 March 2008 - 09:44 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#2 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

That's a pretty good integration for your first time. The only problem I see with it is that the airtech is exposed. It looks pretty susceptible to damage, but still, great job.
Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

The main problem that I see is it looks very awkward to pull the airtech's trigger. To fix this I would put some sort of small hinge where you would put your middle finger. Then connect a metal rod from the hinge to the airtech's trigger. That way you can keep your hand on the titan's trigger while having your other fingers resting of the metal rod. And when you want to fire the airtech's trigger you just squeeze your hand and that will pull the metal rod closer to the titan's handle which will pull the airtech's trigger.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Stephen- Thanks. I treat every blaster I own like a crossbow, so I doubt I'll damage it. Either way, I'll probably eventually cover it up somehow.
Hierarchy- In my search for a trigger system, I considered this. I, however, am terrible at making my own mechanics. I tend to screw up even simple mechanisms, which is why I stay away from homemades.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I fixed the pictures. Cool.

Edited by lionhead333, 08 March 2008 - 09:37 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:08 AM

I'm sure this works out pretty well, if you look at the 05 CAFF video (right click and download that mug hizzle) I'm pretty sure somewhere in here you can see something similar Falcon did ages ago for his former comrade Nightwing (kid in camo carrying a titan around upside down half the time).

Lionhead, nice mod.

but be careful, that 2k is probably A lot stronger than it seems.

Props.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#6 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Nice job.

While I personally dislike Titans I do have to admit that you executed this very well. If you could remake a handle so that you hold the Titan upside down while having the trigger of the at2k on the "normal" place on the new handel, I think it could be even better.

On a side note the first time I read it I thought it said "Asian Arms." Hehe.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#7 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

Bags- You're right. What kind of trigger was on that, the original? I might want to look into that.
And yeah, the 2k has incredible power for it's size, but I've been around them for ages, and I'm aware of what they can do.

OATN- Until I thought of my variation to the absolver, I did too. Overly powerful, banned from many wars, bulky, huge reload times, and difficult to aim. Once I realized that I could shotgun load my 4 barrels, and put up a wall of darts, it's become one of my favorite primaries. Only with backup integrations, though.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#8 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

Bags- You're right. What kind of trigger was on that, the original? I might want to look into that.
And yeah, the 2k has incredible power for it's size, but I've been around them for ages, and I'm aware of what they can do.

What I meant it that that probably has MORE power than a normal singled 2k. I know Nightwing's did, and as an avid 2k user at the time, it scared me shitless. The reason for that being that it had that long tube of additional stored air pressure running to it, technically giving it a larger overall air volume. I wasn't saying you didn't understand 2ks, it was more of a..."that ain't no normal 2K anymore" warning.

They used a similar keyring trigger, but they attached it directly to the firing pin, I know because I actually just gutted said titan for parts a couple weeks ago (long story, has to do with SCUN and Communism).

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 09 March 2008 - 08:33 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#9 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

On a side note, how exactly did that 2k on the titan get pumped?

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 09 March 2008 - 08:43 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#10 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

So, if I interpreted that correctly, the 2k was hooked up to the Titan's tank? So pumping the titan pumped the titan and the 2k? If so, no worries. My airtech has no connection to the titan, beside sharing a case.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users