Longshot 2k

An integration

2 replies to this topic

#1 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Hey I’ve been searching these forums since November and have stumbled upon some awesome mods. After seeing Frost Vectron's Sawtooth mod it really inspired me, one problem, I didn't have a sawtooth. So I decided to try something similar with a longshot. I've searched deeply for an integration with an AT2K but only found a few with an AT2K externally modded on to a Longshot. Now I wanted to do one internally, my original plan was to do something like Dart Attacks front gun integration but just put an AT2K inside of it, unfortunately there wasn't enough space for that, but i still managed. I'm sure this mod has been done many times before but i haven't found anything with a write. By the way, this is also my 4th post and my first write up. Hope you enjoy!
The longshot has the original mods done to it which include Ar removed bbb spring added, and soon to come, The Inventor Guy's LS mod with it.

The first thing you want to do is cut of the bipod and the area near this:
Posted Image

Next gut out and sand down the front gun to the point that I did to the left.(This part took some time as there is alot to gut out. Be sure to do this to both sides of the gun) Although when puting in the air tank it is a bit tricky and may require some trial and error.
Posted Image

After you've gutted the front gun out do your basic mods you would do to the AT2K. This includes Ar removed and new barrells ect.. Although I didn't plug the pump, I'm not sure if you should do this for this mod.
Anyway you need to shorten your pump and pump shaft so that they can fit in the gutted part of the front gun.
Posted Image

After this drill a big enough hole in the part where you would pump the gun so that the rod from the front gun can fit in this.
Posted Image

Be sure to remove the goo guage.
Posted Image

If you already noticed and tried putting the part that cocks the front gun in through your pump and tried pumping, you would have noticed that it doesn't work too well. To fix this cut off the parts in the inside that stick out so that they are flush.
Posted Image

The next thing you want to do is shorten the front gun. From the size of the one on top to the size on bottom.
Posted Image

Now glue the pump shaft down in the gutted front gun, make sure that you have the maximum space so that it will pump with the least pumps and stays in when pumped!
Posted Image

Also glue down the air tank, this may take trial and error for where you would want to put this.
Posted Image

Make sure that the air tank is symmetrical(sp?) for the barrells. The pump shaft doesn't need to be.
After you put together the front gun, you'll notice you can't put on the AT2K barrels, well cut a little bit of this part off to accomadate the barrells, then glue them on to one side of the gun.
Posted Image

After this the top of the front gun isn't flush with the bottom of the longshot so cut off what is nessacary.
Before:
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

For firing the AT2K unit attach fishing wire and a key ring and make holes so that the wire goes through the longshot. Make sure it doesn't get in the way of the clip though!
Posted Image

Now that this is flush you can add the barrells and super glue or hot glue or epoxy the rotating barrels on. Then glue each side to the longshot so that you can unscrew the longshot and still open it up.

Finished:
Posted Image

I know that i used super glue to glue the gun on and I advise you to use epoxy or a much better stable glue to hold the gun.

Posted Image

You are now done and in Angels words "one step closer to being deified" Although this isn't even close to the types of mods Angel does.

Thanks to the admins for validating me, I hope you enjoyed my write up!

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Also any suggestions from people who have done many write ups?

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 20 March 2008 - 11:36 PM.

[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#2 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Wonderful use of the front gun space and hand grip.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#3 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Nice job I have seen people put the front gun under the main gun but I haven't seen anyone use the front gun as a shell for an AT2K before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users