Best Tire Value Inigration For Homemades Ever

you need to see this

22 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

I make many homemades. I'm on my 5th. The only bad part is the drilling in of the tire value. I needed a better way to do it, so I came up with this. It's made from a 1/2coupler, 3inches of 1/2inch pipe and the tire value.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cut an inch of the pvc and solvent weilded it to the coupler. Then i placed the tire value on the open side of the coupler with no glue, and then solvent weilded the remaining pvc to the other side of the coupler, boxing in the tire value and making a complete air tight seal. It's the greatest homemade idea I've ever had. Here's a preview of next homemade. I haven't installed it yet, but it's going in the un-capped place under the ball value, just need to get the right part first.

Posted Image

Posted Image
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

That's a cool idea. I'm not sure I understand if the tire valve is air storing system or air pressurizing system. Maybe there is something obvious I'm missing or maybe it's a general concept. I never done a homemade so I wouldn't know.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

Its a decent idea, but badly executed. And by the way, its called clear primer/cement, unless you are going for the purple/white camo.

http://ss.smfforfree...msg212.html#new

Quick Edit-
I run this site, and therefore I own all property on it so here is a link to a good homemade check valve, although in a different application. They work pretty well.

Edited by General Cole, 03 March 2008 - 10:34 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#4 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hmm... Piney or VACC? Piney for sure.

Edited by Scotch, 03 March 2008 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#5 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

Dude, put on a shirt. Seriously, thats not called armor, its Under Armor ;) I like your approach, It could work great as a grip-airtank.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Very nice.

Of topic, what kind of Mac do you have?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

ice, is there some reason you're so averse to proofreading? Some kind of traumatic creative writing experience in your past perhaps? If your typing and spelling skills are that bad you should consider typing up your posts in something that will automatically check for spelling or grammar errors. The more recent version of Firefox do this within the browser.

As for valve stems, it's usually just easier (and more reliable) to get the self-sealing bulkhead type, or ones with a standard pipe thread.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 March 2008 - 12:53 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

I'll second what CS said about the ones with built in threads. After using them, I much prefer schrader valves with 1/4 inch NPT threads so I can use a 1/4 inch X 1/2 inch bushing to attach them. If you use a bushing, building is as easy as screwing the pieces together and it certainly is stronger than the snap in versions.

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

I'm just trying to figure out why you're so angry and without sleeves....

My guess is that you're severely constipated and fresh off a torturously fruitless contest with your toilet. The underarmor is clearly to absorb the massive volume of sweat you've worked up battling your bowels to a standstill.

Am I close? Because I NEED to know!

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

To sig or not to sig? Seriously, I thought the "Zoolander"-esque posing from your last thread was comical, but this...this takes the cake. I'd tell you to just take pictures of the gun and leave your scrawny, quasi-nude body out of it, but really, I enjoy laughing at you.

Anyway, I've done the same thing before, with a lot less gross purple stuff everywhere. I used 3/8" PEX inside of 1/2" CPVC to get the seal and I used goop/plastic weld epoxy. It works well as a home-made connector to your pump. But if your pump isn't going to be removable, why do this in the first place? Just stick your pump in there and if there isn't a check-valve built into your pump, just pick one up from McMaster.com. They're only a few bucks and a lot easier to work with. Cheers.

Edited by imaseoulman, 04 March 2008 - 09:27 AM.

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

Can you guys stay focused on the mod for 2 seconds? I can worry about my dress style myself. I like under amour because it feels good, thats it. I'm not anorexic, or full of myself, or any shit like that. I even got VACC unfocused, I mean, that's an accomplishment that I didn't even try for.

My guess is that you're severely constipated and fresh off a torturously fruitless contest with your toilet. The underarmor is clearly to absorb the massive volume of sweat you've worked up battling your bowels to a standstill.

I mean, come on.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#12 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

I am so going to use your instructions when I inigrate my tire values! This is the best tire value inigration for homemades ever, right?

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#13 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

I even got VACC unfocused, I mean, that's an accomplishment that I didn't even try for.

I mean, come on.

Not only have you distracted him, but you have him talking about battling your bowels... I think he IS coming on to you!
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#14 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

You look badass in those pictures.

Oh shit *squeezes ice's bicept*, Oh shit.

I'm just kidding. But that is a pretty cool idea there, but maybe a paintjob?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#15 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

How bout this is a nice way to put in a rubber one, but is pitiful compared to just threading a treaded one in...
threaded shraders Just search shrader on the left

I think there a buck or two. These guys have FAST shipping, and have every PVC fitting imaginable.

Edited by pizlo, 05 March 2008 - 09:25 PM.

#16 nerf ownage

nerf ownage

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

I like how you added your scatter cannon barrel to your homemade and also cool idea

#17 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hm, I'm seeing "IPB Image." Are the pictures broken?
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#18 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

They seem to be working for everyone else.
Muker

#19 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

Im sorry but Im really confused. What exactly does it do?

#20 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

:lol:
It's an airtight, inexpensive way to seal a tire vaule into a homemade without having to do any drilling. I fucking hate drilling, cause it screws up for me 50% of the time. Have to buy 6 end caps to get it right. Well, not anymore!
Muker

#21 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

<_<
It's an airtight, inexpensive way to seal a tire vaule into a homemade without having to do any drilling. I fucking hate drilling, cause it screws up for me 50% of the time. Have to buy 6 end caps to get it right. Well, not anymore!

If you're having problems with drilling, it's probably because you're trying to drill a large hole all at once. When you do that, the bit tries to bite too hard, and it just gouges. Start with a small bit and build your way up, and you'll end up with a smooth hole.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#22 Guest_SpiceyMonkeyman81_*

Guest_SpiceyMonkeyman81_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yo dude if there is a coupler on it couldnt u just add one barrel like a pvc, brass, cpvc esc. to only shot on dart instead of the attachment u had in the front in the last pic

#23 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:37 AM

Yo dude if there is a coupler on it couldnt u just add one barrel like a pvc, brass, cpvc esc. to only shot on dart instead of the attachment u had in the front in the last pic

Er, yes he could. But there is a reason he put the multi-barrel attachment on it. Wait, what the hell, this has nothing to do with what this thread is about.
On topic: Ok I guess its a good homemade solution, but I have never had a problem with drilling.
(dude I'm sorry but try to at least put a shirt on in the pics)

Edited by foamforce123, 05 April 2008 - 03:38 AM.

Deal wit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users