Green Tactical Light Mod

With this you can put it on any gun with a tactical rail

12 replies to this topic

#1 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

Please bear with me if this isn't clear but this is my first post.

*=not required

Materials:

Hacksaw

Plumbers Goop

Epoxy

Permanent parker

Green Nerf tactical light
AT2K
SCH 40 PVC ½ " diameter or CPVC

Any sort of wire (I used 30 lb framers wire)

Sorry don't understand the information of the connector but here it is PL-3025 Quick Connect Male

Adaptor 3/80D(1/4CTS) X1 14 MIP
Teflon Tape/electrical tape

Scissors

Dremmel

3/16 " drill bit

Drill

Clear 8/32 " Vinyl Tubing

3/32 " drill bit

Hot glue

Hot glue gun

First unscrew the AT2K and what I did was break the part around the pump handle but you can do whatever you want.

Posted Image

Second plug the overpressure valve.

Posted Image

Now cut the desired length of PVC or CPVC.

Next wrap teflon tape around the coupler so it fits snug inside the PVC.*
Posted Image

Then goop/epoxy the pvc to the coupler where you just taped.*
Posted Image

Now for the AT2K, I did DTReaper's improving your AT2K mod but I changed it a bit.

Next do what you want to get the old tube off of the orange part. The ¼" tubing should fit around the part where the old tubing is perfectly. Do not glue it yet.

Do everything DTReaper did but instead of cutting the tube strangely just take the 8/32 " drill bit and drill a hole in the part where the pump meets the goo gauge. Now the new tubing should fit in there well then just hot glue/goop/epoxy whatever you want to keep it there.

Posted Image

Now unscrew the light and remove all the wiring and cut the wires off of the switch and do whatever you want with the rest, as we won't need it.

Posted Image

Now drill a hole in the switch and hot glue it if you don't want it sliding around.
Posted Image

Now dremmel/sand down the marked areas of the case.
Posted Image

Do the same on the other side and a little bit extra.
Posted Image

Now put the end of the AT2K tank part in the coupler it should fit unless you got the wrong size if it doesn't fit you could sand down the OD of the AT2K tank. If it is too small just put some tape on it or something. Now with it put in check to see if the tank and barrel fits in the case. Also bend the firing pin and remove some of the spring if not all. (I couldn't get it all of with what I had on hand) [This picture is if you used the coupler to attach it and if you didn't use the coupler do what works.]

Posted Image

Next attach the wire to the firing pin and through the end switch with a length so that it is comfortable and will pull the pin. When you have the wire nice twist it around to make a loop and put some hot glue on it so it won't move. Or you can use a sort of ring as the loop. (I forgot to buy one)

[Posted Image

When you have everything set up use some hot glue to hold the tank in place as you close the case back up. Now cut the tubing as you position the pump on the side you wish so that there is enough tubing to reach. When you get this done hot glue everything so that nothing will move or anything.

Posted Image

Now you are finished!

NC

Compliments, flames, improvements and that stuff are welcome[size=1].
Also please don't mind the [./size] thing I don't know how to get rid of it. If you can't see it good.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 19 August 2008 - 12:01 AM.

#2 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

That could be useful...Nice.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#3 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Welcome to nerfhaven! This isn't a bad idea, I might do this. One tip though, all of your pictures are blurry, you may want to shoot from a greater distance but, more zoomed in
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

Yeah it was zoomed in but on the wrong photo setting. Thanks though.

#5 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

That would be really good on a Longshot, especially if you left the turret on. It actually looks pretty clean to for what it is.

On first wright up all my pictures were wicked blurry(can you tell I'm form Boston?)
It helps hold your breath while you take the picture sometimes, so you don't flinch. I dunno' it helps me.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#6 Goose Island

Goose Island

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Dude htat is so useful im sorta broke right now but thats a great mod
Don't question my posts!

#7 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

This mod could be a great replacement for my mod if someone didn't have the front gun to a longshot or had thrown it out. They could do the undergun system mod along with this. Nice job!

Also, how was the tactical light before you modded it? I was thinking about getting it last time I was at Target.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#8 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

That light is way better than the recon one for two reasons: 1) It puts out a lot more power. 2) The light is green which is a color proven to catch your eyes better at night. The biggest difference between the two (grn tac vs. recon) is that the recon has the red dot and flood light.

I was toying to put a gun in this light too. I wanted to make it stronger than my other light mod. Cheers on doing it. My only suggestion is to make it more compact if you can and try hiding the pump more. I need to get a good trigger/catch set up before I start on it. This light has more room on the inside so you can get bigger springs in it than my other mod. I'll probably put an NF spring inside.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#9 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

Dude htat is so useful im sorta broke right now but thats a great mod

Just a bit of advice, when you post on these forums, you are highly encouraged to use proper spelling and punctuation. If you don't take the time to write out and check your posts, people won't like you.

Anyway, nice mod, the only problem I see is pumping it, you'd have to brace it if it's attached to a gun to pump so it doesn't fall off, or remove it to pump/reload.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#10 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

TAiLsChaser I wanted to hide the pump more but my friend really wanted me to finish it before he left so I didn't have much time. Also I checked the sizes of the inside and there was a lot more space inside the green light than the recon light.
Captain Yeah that is a bit of a problem but I guess you could hold it down with rubber bands or something or maybe tie a string around it going around another part of the gun that is being used.

#11 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Uber likes! Now I'll finally get around to buying one of those from Target.

Just try not to post in an unneedingly large and annoying font, please.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#12 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

Yeah it was zoomed in but on the wrong photo setting. Thanks though.

For close up shots, zoom out all the way and use the macro feature.

Neat idea. I remember seeing someone do something similar, but I think it was in a Longshot scope.
And your barrel looks like it's crooked, could be the picture angle though.

#13 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

No it is the barrel. Not sure how that happened though but the barrel does angle up a bit and to the side ever so slightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users