Wireless Tracking System

I know it's unnecessary, but only $20!

17 replies to this topic

#1 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

EDIT: Was corrected, sorry. Yeah it doesn't work like below. Sorry. Still kind of interesting though. Eh. Sorry I jumped to conclusions.

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2649297

Has anyone seen this? Keep track of up to 3 teammates in a war! Strap it to your flag or whatever! Totally sweet. Only $20!

I didn't find anything like this in search by the way, correct me if this was already brought up.

I do see that it only has one tracker. I wonder if you bought 2 they would both work (work on same frequencies so probably!).

Like I said in the subtext, it's totally unnecessary, but maybe for a massive field with like 4 man teams it would be great.

Edited by Splitlip, 03 March 2008 - 05:11 PM.

Teehee.

#2 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2649297

Has anyone seen this? Keep track of up to 3 teammates in a war! Strap it to your flag or whatever! Totally sweet. Only $20!

I didn't find anything like this in search by the way, correct me if this was already brought up.

I do see that it only has one tracker. I wonder if you bought 2 they would both work (work on same frequencies so probably!).

Like I said in the subtext, it's totally unnecessary, but maybe for a massive field with like 4 man teams it would be great.

It doesn't really work like that. All it does is send a signal to the receiver unit when there is motion in the area.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Even if it doesn't work the way you thought, it could still be used, like knowing when someones enters your base to get the flag, and whatnot.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Or if you're within the 75 foot radius that the toy requires, you can hear them running and shooting their way past your defenders.

If it says 75 feet, it most likely gets 50 feet through walls, probably less.

Seems like a waste of 20 bucks.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

You have a point, but maybe if you were planning to ambush someone, it could work, but it's probably not worth it.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

I have it.

It's actually really cool but like others said, its around 65' not 75'.

It actually works very well. I recomomend this if your interested in a product like this.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

I can only see this having a practical use in one story indoor wars that are small. I'd say that this fits in with the electronics thread from a little while back. The general consensus was that they (electronics) shouldn't be used in the war itself.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

I think I have an older version of this. I have never really used it for very much though, because I found the sensors don't always go off. I should try changing the batteries and testing the range of it though.

#9 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

If we could get an actual test with the thing, then we could see how practical it is, but I think this or this would be more practical. Then of course there's this which might also be useful, but I kinda doubt it.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#10 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I see the car being somewhat useful if you hook up an SMDTG to it.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#11 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

I thinki 75' is basically worthless, but it give's me an idea. I work for a security company and have cheap access to various parts. It might be fun to have a portable speaker device (i.e. ear bud) that reported when a certain area had motion in it. I wouldn't know if it was my team or the other team...but maybe this could be cool...Maybe.

#12 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

I taught my girlfriend's kid brother to use some other "spy gear" stuff against me when we have nerf fights, and sometimes it helps him. He generally places a bunch of the motion-activated alarms around so he knows exactly where I am at any time. This one seems like the best of them all though. I may have to pitch this idea to my nerf group at my university.

#13 feo007

feo007

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

Really, this doesn't work through walls. It's pretty much the original agent motion detector in a new, cooler shell. If you actually want a tracker, then check this out.

Feo007-

PS- I'll be one of the many resident, 12-year old noobz round here.
"See that shark, Mulder? If it stops swimming, it will die. Don't stop swimming... " Deep Throat, The X Files.

#14 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

Being 12 isn't a good thing to mention in these parts. And if you want a good tracking system, plant some IR LEDs on someone's gun. Whip out the IR sensitive camera and go to town.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#15 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

Maybe it would be easier to just give everyone collars with jingle bells on them, so you don't need expensive technology.

#16 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

I think this could be interesting for a hide-and-seek type game, either one team seeking a person and the other trying to prevent the discovery or each team looking for an object.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#17 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

feo007 That looks pretty cool, you might probably will get banned.

Too bad it's out of stock on amazon.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#18 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

I still think the laser trip sensors would be more useful.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users