Titan With A Twist

Heavily modded, PVC breached, sm3k integrated, Titan

6 replies to this topic

#1 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Alright here's the gun. It has a very special PVC breech (I'll explain more later), and an Integrated SM3k.

Posted Image

Here's a close up on the SM3k. The pump was glued onto the bottom where the hornet would go, and the tank with a 1/2 inch Pvc barrel was glued onto the prongs where the scout would go .

Posted Image

Here's a close-up on just the pump.

Posted Image

Alright now to the breech. I cut a slot into the PVC like any breech but then I covered the opening with something a little different. Lying around, I found my old broken tech target. So I opened it up and took out the plunger tube. I cut off the closed end of the plunger tube and it just so happened to fit nice and tightly over the PVC. Here's the picture of the breech.

Breech Open

Posted Image

Breech Closed

Posted Image

Both guns fire like a dream and I'm very pleased with the whole thing.

Questions, comments?

Edited by Liam, 03 March 2008 - 04:54 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#2 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Very nice. I like the integration idea and the use of the plunger tube for the breech. I'm assuming based on your opinion that the breech is sealed very tightly. Distances? I want to try something like this on my converted watergun barrel.

Again, a very good idea.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#3 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Very nice. I like the integration idea and the use of the plunger tube for the breech. I'm assuming based on your opinion that the breech is sealed very tightly. Distances? I want to try something like this on my converted watergun barrel.

Again, a very good idea.

Thanks for the comments. To answer your first question, yes the breech has a very good seal, the plunger tube is tight and snug on the PVC. But for ranges, I don't know yet. Shooting both guns inside with stock suction cup micro darts my guesses are about 70 feet flat for the sm3k and about 120 for the Titan, but I could be wrong they are just guesses.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

Neither of the tech target plunger chambers I have fit "tightly" over 1/2 size pipe.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

Neither of the tech target plunger chambers I have fit "tightly" over 1/2 size pipe.

Were your tech targets the older ones that fit megas or the newer ones that fit micros? I used the plunger tube from the newer micro shooting one.

#6 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

Good deal on your mods. This is just my opinion but I don't feel the breach was necessary but if you have tight pvc then I can understand. I'd like to get some recorded measured ranges from you and compare them to mine. As you might know, I went with the copper barrel. It's a 1 1/4 foot and is sufficient for accuracy and ranges.

Can you fire any other kind of ammo?

Try firing 3 snubs if you can (want).

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 02 March 2008 - 07:51 PM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"Itís only after youíve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#7 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Good deal on your mods. This is just my opinion but I don't feel the breach was necessary but if you have tight pvc then I can understand. I'd like to get some recorded measured ranges from you and compare them to mine. As you might know, I went with the copper barrel. It's a 1 1/4 foot and is sufficient for accuracy and ranges.

Can you fire any other kind of ammo?

Try firing 3 snubs if you can (want).

I PM'd you with my official ranges. It'd be great if you could reply with your ranges aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users