General Suggestions, Questions

Site Content, Contributions.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 07:45 PM

Hello, just wondering about the site content; Are the mods malleable upon user submission, pending quality, by any chance? Or is it just a showcase for Admin mods? As well, will the gallery just be general pictures, such as "war" pictures, Blaster pictures, mod pictures, and such?

Also, have you thought about perhaps having a similar section for homemade items, such as Grenades, Valves, Homemade basics, Darts, and possibly pressurized homemade hand-to-hand weapons. Why not basic hand-to-hand homemades? Basic hand-to-hand homemade weapons are fairly straight-forward, and incredibly variable in construction. Trying to list all the variations would be like trying to define infinity. Well, in my honest opinion.

So, those were pretty much my only suggestions; Making the modifications section more community-oriented, if needed, and an addition of a "Homemade Weapons" section, involving not just homemade air guns. Otherwise, the site looks to be forming quite well. Very nice site design, too.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 10:39 PM

We really haven't ironed out the details concerning user submissions, or board organisations. That, quite frankly, is why we wanted you guys to get a look at what we've done so far. So let me just tell you what I know so far.

As far as I know we will be accepting user sumbissions of all kinds, and the only real criteria will be the quality of the submissions.

Our gallery will have sub divisions once we get it going, and we would love to get any submissions you might have for it (within reason of course).

As far as divisions of the homade forums, we've discussed it, but I don't think we'd do it until the need arrises. If we were to find that there is a lot of traffic going through the homade section, we would deffinately seperate it out to a greater degree.

Any suggestions on specific content you'd like to see would, of course, help us in makeing this site better for everybody involved.

VACC

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 01:44 AM

As far as divisions of the homade forums, we've discussed it, but I don't think we'd do it until the need arrises. If we were to find that there is a lot of traffic going through the homade section, we would deffinately seperate it out to a greater degree.

VACC

Oh, nah, I was just suggesting a Homemade Weaponry section, like the Modifications section, pending submission quantity (and quality, of course), as well, including not just homemade air guns, of course, but other things, such as darts (Pending actual use, according to accurate range tests and comparisons), Grenades, and other items, such as silencers, valves, selector switches, regulators, pumps, and the like. I guess it's fair for you to assume that I have such things on the horizon for contribution :D. As well, possibly an editorial or something on basic homemade construction, and various commercial valves available; Basic stuff like that.

And righto, I know, Nerf Haven is forming. Best of luck!
- Death

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 01:58 AM

We definitely want high quality mods, articles, reviews, homemades, etc submitted. Point of fact, I'll give a custom avatar and a nerfhaven.com email address to any beta test invitee who gets 5 items of the above accepted by me and VACC for inclusion on this site.

Gallery will be (at least) war pictures and mod/homemade/project pictures.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 08:59 PM

We definitely want high quality mods, articles, reviews, homemades, etc submitted. Point of fact, I'll give a custom avatar and a nerfhaven.com email address to any beta test invitee who gets 5 items of the above accepted by me and VACC for inclusion on this site.

Gallery will be (at least) war pictures and mod/homemade/project pictures.

You tricky bastard. I was going to anyways. :D

Just wondering: Do you require actual pics, given these projects have been made, do work, and pic is an image of a clear 3D model? I was just wondering if you wanted some of my homemade valve designs. Grenades and semi-auto breeches are in the works, still, so..
- Death

#6 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 06:48 AM

I'm wondering - if I wasn't invited to the beta test, and I submit 5 good, high quality mods/pics/r and d, is there another prize, or like a "pick one" choice? Or is there no incentive except for imaginary stickers and the such.... and helping out a new site.. and recognition.. ect.
Just wondering.

man, what a horrible first post.

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 01:08 PM

He he, don't sweat it dude. The original invite list really has no bearing on submissions or anything anymore. We just wanted people we knew to check it out, although we had to leave several names off that we might have added. Anyway, the standard fair for submitting content and helping us out includes a personal avatar, a new title, and some other stuff we really haven't worked out yet. Understand though, not all these things come with one accepted submission.

I know we really aren't offering much, but if you've read about our planned moderation system you should understand that this site really is shying away from that sort of thing. On other sites you'd be given moderation privledges or some type of power, but we simply have no such permanant possitions to hand out. We want the site to be run by the people, and not a select few, so the best we could do is to increase your chances of getting moderator duty in the future. I hope you send us whatever you have dude, we'd appreciate it.

VACC

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:15 AM

Standard deal still applies.

5 accepted (high quality is assumed) mods/homemades/articles gets you a custom avatar, a yourname@nerfhaven.com email forwarder, and a swift kick in the ass from VACC. Well, two out of three but we decide which two.

If you want to submit something besides them things I've specifically mentioned, talk it over with VACC and see if we need it. I'm sure we can work something out so that you'll feel all warm and fuzzy and loved and - no, we're not going down on you for this...

sick bastard.

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:56 AM

Oh, and you should all use the Private message system here at NH to talk to me. Think of it as something your mother told you not to do. Seriously, this thing craves abuse.

VACC

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 06:46 PM

How do you feel about co-written articles/mods/ect.? The Fred and I were thinking of submitting a couple of things and were wondering how you would deal with something that has both our names on it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 10:16 PM

I don't see why that would be a problem, we'll simply give both of you credit for the submission. Oh, and for anyone that has already submitted something but has not seen it up yet, be patient, I've been very busy and I will get it all sorted out this week.

VACC

#12 Lutinent Cole

Lutinent Cole

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hey where can I find these Avatars at?
Whats wrong with ya? Lets check you chart........ OH MY GOD!

#13 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

Um, this thread is three years old! Cmon, don't Necro topics.

#14 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

Hey where can I find these Avatars at?

Ew, dexterity -4.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users