Hi Nerf Fans...

I was gone for a while...

48 replies to this topic

#1 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

For a while,... I disappeared w/o a reason or trace...
I've come back today to explain why...

The earliest memory I can recall was building a Gunblade in Sept.... I actually thought this month was Sept of 2007...

In the end of Jan I contracted a disease called Encephalitis... probably from a Flu (thats what the doctors told me)

It's some kind of virus that effects the brain (and actually I was considered really lucky to have survived after what I've been through...) They told me in the beginning, I was foaming in the mouth... after being brought immediately to the emergency room I passed out. For 2 weeks, I was completely knocked out, with "IV" tubes hooked into me. When I awoke... I thought I was dreaming because the last thing I remembered was playing Hellgate London with my best friend, and going to Air Conditioning class...

It was after spending a week in the hospital after waking up, the doctors explained what had happened to me... I had experienced seizures... hallucinations (I was told that I actually punched my own mother when I was hallucinating... she told me it wasn't my fault, but still... who could forgive themselves after that...)
and some-what short term memory loss... my mind is completely blank from the last Sept (2007) til now..., and very fuzzy memory for the last 3 years...

I don't have any recollection of making/modding these nerf guns... or why I got into it in the first place... (not to offend anyone here)

I.... don't know what else to say...

I guess I should say I'm sorry I couldn't create anymore new "mods" for you guys to make... I just don't know how to do any of it anymore...

I remember I used to be an artist long before I got into modding these Nerf guns... and now I can't even write my own signature properly anymore...

I'm... sorry guys...

just... be careful... the Flu... it's a very dangerous thing out there...

Edited by b00m13, 28 February 2008 - 11:14 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#2 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

That is sad to hear boom13...

You are still pretty young, so please do not get sick again!

Also, do whatever you need to do to get better. If it means dropping NERF for a couple of months while you improve your physical and mental condition, I believe no one will say a word against it (I definitely won't).

Please get better and take all the time you need...

P.S.: Check out your sweet YouTube videos (your profile page)
And your horrible aim (he said so)...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Wow, thats one hell of a situation.
So I guess you forgot about that $300 you owe me? What does that come out to after 7 months of interest?
Just kidding. Glad to hear you are back but the memory loss thing scares the crap out of me.
Hopefully it all comes back to you soon.
I enjoyed your previous modifications and hopefully future modifications.

A good acquaintance of mine died from something like this. He just got accepted to some football team. Then he was living in the states for a while. He got the Flu and something came out of it that was different and it ended up killing him.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 February 2008 - 12:12 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#4 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

I hope that you heal quickly and fully. I wish you the very best!

If you're finding things difficult to remember, you should try and read some of the things you have posted, as well as watch the videos you have made. You have done some amazing things here and you should be proud of that.

Stay strong!
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#5 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:55 AM

Damn man thats awful, but Im (and its safe to assume the rest of the nic) glad your ok. Your works were inparaional to me, and many others. Get well soon.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#6 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • State:New Hampshire

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

I had something similar happen to me in which a 4 inch log was driven half way through my leg. I went into extreme shock and lost all my memory for about 6 months prior to the accident. Luckly i had total recalland remebered everything. I wish you the best b00m13.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#7 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

Very strange situation...I really don't know what to say. Like all the others said its good to see you are Ok, I wish you the very best in your recovery.

I figured I should post, since you gave so much to my Nerf website. Thank you very much.

I'm... sorry guys...

Don't be sorry! Its not your fault! Relax and try to get your life in order, we all will be here for you.

Edited by Megamannt92, 29 February 2008 - 01:09 PM.

Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#8 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Same. I hope you feel better, I can only try to imagine what you're going through now...
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#9 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

God man, sorry to hear that. I really admire the work you've done, I hope you reclaim all of those memories. Maybe try reading some of your write-ups would trigger something.

That really is scary though... Good luck.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#10 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

A True survivor, New mods or not im glad too hear that you are here. Welcome back Boomer!
Hope you recover well and steady.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#11 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hmm, I think it all started about 4-5 years ago, in a game called Ragnarok Online (RO)
I had all my characters named after a skill of their class.
My crusader character was my most used, and his name was Shield Boomerang.
So for short, my guildies called me boomie (the girls thought it was cute)... they could have gone with Shield which was what I wanted... but there were already 20+ different players with shield in their names...
I eventually just accepted it, but put a spin in "boomie" and spelled it in "1337".
And so b00m13 was born~

^From the "Why Did You Choose Your Username" thread^

Does that help you any?

Edited by sputnik, 29 February 2008 - 06:00 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#12 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

Thank you all... so very much...

you really have no idea how much your words mean to me...

and yes, I do remember where my username came originated from... I've used it for so long that it's one of the few things imprinted into my mind...

the mind... it's such a strange and powerful thing...

I had no idea what my own social security number was... but when my father said it one time to me... I was able to repeat it instantly for as many time and as fast as I wanted...

I guess it was true... I might be able to regain my memories... in time...

#13 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

Your last post on my my website was around November 17, 2007.

Here is your recent posts: http://thefoamfighte...owPosts;start=0

The last thing I remember you saying was you were playing Hellgate London on a new gaming PC you bought for 1000$. You said Foam Universe(my web site) was the first website you had visited with your new computer you also mentioned something about Windows Vista being weird.

You said all this in the shoutbox.

The last "mod" you released was of a Nerf Nite-finder.

That is found here: http://thefoamfighte...msg3527#msg3527

Keep checking out things you wrote in the past to see if it might jog some memories.

#14 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

That...that's so sad. I've never had any similar experiences, so I can't relate to your situation. It's great that you're okay, though, and best of luck regaining your memory.

EDIT: Let's see what you missed...if your earliest memory was in September, then I think you missed the release of Halo 3 (I think), the Recon's debut, FA24's Lancer mod and a few others, the 2008 line of guns such as the vulcan, the holidays, and some other stuff. So you might want to check that stuff out, or take it easy for a while...

Edited by Captain, 29 February 2008 - 09:32 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#15 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

Wow, dude. That's some pretty heavy stuff. Well, I really enjoyed the work you posted here, and I'll be praying for you. Good luck out there.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#16 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

You're in my prayers, Boom.

Get well man. Something like that happened to someone I know, but he had total recall. Ask the doc if total recall is possible.

Mods or no mods, that's frigging scary. I'm glad you're okay.
I had the flu around Christmas. It's a scary thought.

I'm going to go get vaccinated now. It's one thing to know that it can happen in theory...
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#17 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

But here's a thought a bit different from all the rest, instead of looking at all the awesome mod work you've done which could potentially confuse you even more, pick up a Nerf blaster. Any of the Nerf blasters you have (You still have at least one don't you?) and shoot somebody with it, shoot your friend, shoot a target, shoot a sibling if you have one (That one really blows off your steam, if you know what I mean.). Just play Nerf, don't try mods or anything, just Nerf, that's what gets most of us into these crazy ideas and concepts of "Ultra-Modification" and official, organized "Nerf Wars", and it is what can get us back into it if we leave it. Get back to the basics first, that's my advice.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#18 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

Your last post on my my website was around November 17, 2007.

Here is your recent posts: http://thefoamfighte...owPosts;start=0

The last thing I remember you saying was you were playing Hellgate London on a new gaming PC you bought for 1000$. You said Foam Universe(my web site) was the first website you had visited with your new computer you also mentioned something about Windows Vista being weird.

You said all this in the shoutbox.

The last "mod" you released was of a Nerf Nite-finder.

That is found here: http://thefoamfighte...msg3527#msg3527

Keep checking out things you wrote in the past to see if it might jog some memories.

You were actually right Megaman... when I turned on my PC (Which I don't remember buying) I checked my bookmarks, and "http://thefoamfighte....com/index.php" was actually on the very top of the list, above anime related sites.

Again, thank you all for your kind words, I hope you all take care of yourselves and remember to take your yearly Flu shots... they say it only adds an additional 40% protection from catching it... but trust me... you don't want to put your families through the fear that I did...

My older cousin (1 year older) whom I consider a brother... is a fearless, athletic fighter, but he told me on the phone... that after seeing me hooked up to all those IV (tubes), and acting out from the hallucinations, then going into seizures... it was the one time he was afraid of anything in his life...

so... spend a few bucks away from Nerf guns... in the directions of a Flu shot... it might be worth it...

take care...

#19 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

boom13, I am praying for you.
Stay Strong.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#20 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

I get a Flu shot every year. The problem is, its not always that effective....You can still get a flu even if you get a shot. The really frighting part is that this can happen nearly anyone even a young person like you.

I wish you all the best Boomie.

Edited by Megamannt92, 01 March 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#21 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

I hope you feel better and your future mods if you do any will be as good as the ones you did in the past.

Edited by dart, 01 March 2008 - 10:49 AM.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#22 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that. You where the first person I ever saw with a modded nerf gun.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#23 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:08 AM

You're very courageous. I could not have gone through what you went through. I am VERY phobic of doctors, and especially dentists.

I hope you feel better, man.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#24 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Good luck, and stay strong Boomie.

#25 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hey man, I can't imagine what you've been through since i've never had an experience like it. But I can say that for going through that, you are officially one tough badass. If you need anything, let me know. Hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should open some of your guns up, and look at their internals.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users