Reclaiming The Titan

Multi-Functional Titan

9 replies to this topic

#1 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

I modded my titan so that it can shoot modded streamlines and stefans (standard) and wanted it to still be able to shoot the large missile (standard desire and procedure); however, in my set-up, I chose not to have a coupler and all that jazz like impa. At first it was just two barrels that I could swap out. The dart barrel can shoot multiple kinds of ammo: stefans, snubs, weighted SL's, and arrows via the LS barrel extension.

Posted Image
By tailschaser, shot with DSC-P92 at 2008-02-21

I drilled the AR's on the titan barrel and put it over the dart barrel (I made that out of half the LS barrel extension and a 1/2 in. copper pipe). I could still get the titan missile over all of it but I had to pump it up about 20 times to get similar ranges. The problem was a lack of pressure due to the large hole.

Posted Image
By tailschaser, shot with DSC-P92 at 2008-02-27

So I plugged the hole with something convenient. I dremeled out a little disc from a CD.

Posted Image

I glued it in place with some Gorilla Glue and put some weight on top. When it was done, I sanded it completely flush with my other barrel.

Posted Image

It gets normal ranges again.

What do you think?

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 27 February 2008 - 12:50 PM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#2 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:24 AM

Very clever idea. I'm always looking for new materials with which I can fill air holes like that, and dremeling a CD is a lot easier than buying a bunch of expensive sheet plastic or Plexiglass that I don't really need.
With a hole that large that allows that much air out, you are pretty much guaranteed to have a big increase in power by plugging that up. Nice job, especially since you aren't using a coupler or anything.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#3 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

Plus, it should stabilize the barrel.

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Nice job.

I don't really have anything to suggest, except maybe changing the pump if you want to decrease reload time. I'll stop saying that to every Titan thread after this though.

Props.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

You took the idea right out of my head. Props to you on getting it done first. Good job
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#6 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

Cool Idea.
I did something similar with my 4b, though I just made it a PETG breech to make sure I could fire micros, and still fit the missles over it as rifle grenades.
Worked wonders in a local war I had.
Thanks

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 February 2008 - 06:36 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#7 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

As of right now, this gun can hit a 2x2 target at 40 ft using the sight and a little patience. I can normally hit a 4x4 in one or two shots.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#8 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

*sobs* I-I...I just love it...I l-love it soooo much....

All sobbing aside, I really do love it. This is my favorite thing since SPUNerf's Recon Rifle or the "Uber Pimpin'" 4B made by...uh...who was it again?tyrant_bb. Anyways, it rocks.

Edited by Salmon, 28 February 2008 - 08:12 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

All sobbing aside, I really do love it. This is my favorite thing since SPUNerf's Recon Rifle or the "Uber Pimpin'" 4B made by...uh...who was it again?tyrant_bb. Anyways, it rocks.

I don't get why this is so awesome. Also, the Recon Rifle? Really? It changed a cool pistol capeable of >50' into a carbine-sized gun that just got 40'.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

I don't get why this is so awesome. Also, the Recon Rifle? Really? It changed a cool pistol capeable of >50' into a carbine-sized gun that just got 40'.

Because if you integrated it into the shell of a Maverick, like I did with my other Titan, this thing could be a multi-functional, large-pistol-sized, presumably accurate gun. Besides the fact that it probably wouldn't be war-legal, its still a good idea.

And on the Recon Rifle, it actually changed a gun that typically got ~35-40 feet(unmodded) into a sexy gun that typically got ~40 feet at least. And the "Uber Pimpin" is just...well...uber pimpin'. It's a singled BBBB with a cool paintjob and a scope. Oh, and a turret. An AT2K secondary turret. It's cool.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users