Okay, here's what I have:
A bunch of taggers,
A group of players that ban stefans
An indoor war that will probably require good accuracy,
and a modded BBB w/ the following mods:
Basic AR restriction
CPVC barrel replacement (exactly 7")
Increased air seals

Anyone have any tips to increase my accuracy for my BBB or any other gun for that matter? Thanks a lot and I really appreciate it.
Nothing like Russian roulette with a maverick to decide who gets shotgun.

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Get rid of the CPVC barrel, or at least cut it down to 3" You won't gain any benefit from it being longer if your using stock darts. I would switch to a 1/2" PVC barrel, since that will fit your taggers.

#3 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

If you cannot use stefans, then the extra 4ish. inches of barrel will hurt, not help. Cut the cpvc to three inches, sand it down, and slap on, lets say five inches of pvc.

This should help with range and accuracy. (you can use a cralola in place of cpvc)

*edit* Sam beat me to it, but leave a stub of craola-cpvc to grip the foam section of the dart.

Edited by P.C. III, 28 February 2008 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#4 donz2323

donz2323

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

is the BBB too powerful to have such a short barrel? What i mean is does the dart come out of the barrel wobbly or fluttering?
Another suggestion is maybe you guys can pick up a pack of streamlines, in which case you couls use the longer barrel. If not, do what they said.

Edited by donz2323, 28 February 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#5 Super Nostalgic

Super Nostalgic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Thanks a lot to everyone. I think I'll shorten it by a couple inches (I'm sure to get streamlines shortly) and add the stub of Crayola.

Side note: I could have sworn I've posted numerous times before...
Nothing like Russian roulette with a maverick to decide who gets shotgun.

#6 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

Thanks a lot to everyone. I think I'll shorten it by a couple inches (I'm sure to get streamlines shortly) and add the stub of Crayola.

I would reccommend switching to streamline darts. they fit down your cpvc barrel and you will maintain most of the accuracy and range
A broken gun just means more parts for the other ones.

#7 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

I would reccommend switching to streamline darts. they fit down your cpvc barrel and you will maintain most of the accuracy and range

Correct me if Im wrong(actually, I know Im right) but Streamlines are the most in-accurate darts you can get today. And I dont need to help you since you already have your answer, but since Im already posting I must as well say to do what others are suggesting.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#8 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

Correct me if Im wrong(actually, I know Im right) but Streamlines are the most in-accurate darts you can get today. And I dont need to help you since you already have your answer, but since Im already posting I must as well say to do what others are suggesting.

A streamline with a decent amount of barrel length will be far more accurate than a tagger just stuck in the end of a barrel. Especially with a gun as powerful as the bbb, you end up with taggers and suction cup darts fishtailing off the end of a cpvc barrel. A streamline will actually stay fairly level throughout the flight, though they do veer slightly. This is still preferrable to the loss of range and accuracy caused by fishtailing darts.
A broken gun just means more parts for the other ones.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

I beg to differ. With my pump shotgun (more powerful than a BBB), I can hit my friend in the head with a tagger at 60'. With a streamline on the same shot, I hit the ground 15' in front of me.

What I do is hammar a small peice (2") of 1/2" CPVC into a Peice of 1/2" PVC. You can make the peice of PVC longer depending on the air output of your gun. With my singled shotgun, I use 6" of PVC and my Taggers work as well as stefans.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

There's a limit to what you can get depending on what darts you use and the power of your gun. Just the power difference from my titan and my LS requires me to use different darts. My LS can use weighted SL's but they won't go as far as stock SL's, however, they are more accurate with weights. In my titan, I can't use anything other than stefans, snubs and weighted SL's. If I use normal SL's, they corkscrew as soon as they leave the barrel (and you can see how long that is on the "Reclaiming the Titan" thread) and require more pumps to get them even out of the barrel. If losing some distance is fine with you, weight your SL's or make some stefans.

If you want to know more about accuracy in darts, go here.

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 01 March 2008 - 10:09 AM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#11 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

I think I'll shorten it by a couple inches (I'm sure to get streamlines shortly) and add the stub of Crayola.

I'd pick just one or the other, not both. I'm a big advocate of 17/32" brass tubing if you have access to it. You might even be able to get away with using 1/2" brass without the dart fishtailing.

If you haven't cut off the barrel stub yet the 17/32" slides right in, and all you need to do is glue a 1/2" pvc coupler onto the base of the original barel stub.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users