Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Tri-Barrel (All hail Frost!)

17 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

SS1. Pics from Forsaken Angel, and Frost Vectron. This is how to Tri-Barrel your baby.
Original mod by Frost Vectron.

The SS1 is this gun-

Posted Image

The first thing to do is fix the plunger.

Posted Image

Next we tri-barrel. Take three pieces of CPVC, about 3in each and glue them together.

Posted Image

Then take a drill and drill these holes out.

Posted Image

Then cut the side off so that we can use the barrel we just cut out.

Posted Image

We can now attach the turret. Take 1/2in OD vinyl tubing and goop short sections into the CPVC barrels. About 1in each should work. 3 Days later…

Now you want to good the other end of the vinyl tube to the rotation piece. Let sit for another 3 days.

I then painted it the original green color with some spray paint and some clear coat. I also added a fake barrel where the secret barrel was. You can also add bands if you wish, but they aren’t really necessary. I get good ranges, low 60s. Good sidearm that looks good too.

There we go!

Posted Image

FROST VECTRON DID THE ORIGINAL MOD. I did it after being shot by Bags SS1 during Armageddon. Frost deserves most of the credit. So yeah, I love Frost, well at least his work for Nerf.

Edited by General Cole, 27 February 2008 - 10:53 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

nice job. Is it just me or are the barrels crooked?

#3 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

Any ranges?
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#4 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

Any ranges?

If you read the post he says it gets in the low 60's.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:24 AM

I get good ranges, low 60s. Good sidearm that looks good too.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

I love this gun! I am surprised that there aren't any other documentations of the tri-barrel. I think this 'ought to help out a lot of people that are confused about the mod.

One of the photos don't seem to be working for me. The one under the step "Then take a drill and drill these holes out." is missing. Not sure if I'm the only one, though.

EDIT: I also love how you love me, although it's a bit creepy. :lol:

Also, my tri-barrel SS1 had pretty variable ranges. I believe the top barrel used to get in the low 50's and the two side barrels got in the low 40's. The variation was probably because of my poor modding skills, though.

Edited by frost vectron, 27 February 2008 - 12:57 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

So it fires al three at once?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:09 AM

no, it fires one barrel at a time. you swivel that orange part to either side to switch which barrel will be fired.

#9 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

Did you repaint it neon green again?

Sweet.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#10 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

Good job as always cole.
I have always thought that it was breech loading and that that tab to switch barrels was a bolt.
Owell. I like it alot.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#11 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

I love this gun! I am surprised that there aren't any other documentations of the tri-barrel. I think this 'ought to help out a lot of people that are confused about the mod.

One of the photos don't seem to be working for me. The one under the step "Then take a drill and drill these holes out." is missing. Not sure if I'm the only one, though.

Aww, I didn't know anyone had done this... I was going atempt it, and post it as my first write-up. I'm not sure why I thought no one had done it, it is pretty obvious once you've seen the inside of the SS1.

Yeah, that image isn't showing for me either.

Nice work!

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

The image is from Frost's site. It was the only picture I could find of the part I needed. I put the link location in for all the pictures. I'll see if I could get another picture of that part up when I re-open my SS1.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#13 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

Wow. I just figured out how exactly this gun works. I need to get one of these.

Very nice, I would just suggest fixing that one picture Frost mentioned.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#14 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Here is the photo that is missing. I just saved it off my old site and re-upped to photobucket:

Posted Image

And here's my Tribarrel from eight years ago:

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Also, Wisey, there's nothing wrong with multiple write-ups for the same mod. Go for it, maybe it'll show some alternate techniques than what has been done already.

Edited by frost vectron, 27 February 2008 - 05:09 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#15 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

Aww, I didn't know anyone had done this... I was going atempt it, and post it as my first write-up. I'm not sure why I thought no one had done it, it is pretty obvious once you've seen the inside of the SS1.

Yeah, that image isn't showing for me either.

Nice work!

PLEASE! If you do this, show how to glue the barrels on, and how much space to remove on the inner shell. Hopefully a noob doesn't fall into my predicament, but you doing that would prevent such an event.

Also, does anyone have a spring they could recommend for this gun?

#16 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

EDIT: Also, Wisey, there's nothing wrong with multiple write-ups for the same mod. Go for it, maybe it'll show some alternate techniques than what has been done already.

You're right frost. I think I might just do it anyway.

PLEASE! If you do this, show how to glue the barrels on, and how much space to remove on the inner shell. Hopefully a noob doesn't fall into my predicament, but you doing that would prevent such an event.

Also, does anyone have a spring they could recommend for this gun?

I've come up with quite a few ways of sticking them on. When I eventualy get round to it I'll do a write up for it. I'm thinking of using some plastic (like from a broken CD or jewel case) to make the surfact area of the barrel switch big enough to simply glue three barrels striaght to it. Or possibly rReally Really Effeminateating what fa24 did so well with e-tape and barrel posts, only with three barrels...

Use elastic bands or find one yourself, I don't think anyone has posted a particular spring. I know fa24 won't have done because he just buys in bulk. Oh! Off the top of my head a Mav spring might fit in there, not 100% sure though, it's been awhile since i've looked inside.

#17 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

SO does the top barrel fire by itself and the bottom two at the same time? because i only see two ways to turn the barrel change thing.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#18 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

SO does the top barrel fire by itself and the bottom two at the same time? because i only see two ways to turn the barrel change thing.

Unmodded the ammo holder/switch can be upright (normal barrel) or down to the left (secret barrel). When modded to have three barrels plastic is removed from the right hand side of the gun so that you can switch the switch to the right for the newly added right barrel. Swithing left would switch to the new left barrel rather than the secret one.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users