The Semi 2k Is Back

And Better

13 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

Well, I'm opening like this, it doesn't work, YET. But here is how to improve the semi 2K beyond recognition.

First some pictures-
You need this part (RF20)
Posted Image

This part (RF20)
Posted Image

These parts (RF20 and 2K)
Posted Image

This part (2K)
Posted Image

And this part (DTB)
Posted Image

Here is how you attach the various parts-

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the last picture the bottom of the valve would be placed where the plunger catch is. So that when the trigger is not pulled the valve is open. When you pull the trigger it closes the valve, and pulls the firing pin of the 2K. In theory this is AMAZING. The trigger still pulls the DTG rotating device and you have the ability to put out a good deal of shots. This is a big improvement over the original because in the original when you pulled the trigger it would simply dump the air out of the bladder. I believe it is possible to get about 20 shots before repuming the fill the tank.

IMPROVEMENTS-
I think I will need a stronger catch spring to open the valve. This valve also leaks air. I may replace it with the push valve from Bob II / My RF20. That would make a lower pull. Solving both problems.

I cannot seem to get it working. Bags will (hopefully) be helping me on this. He deserves credit for getting it to work, but it is my idea. THANKS BAGS!

Edited by General Cole, 26 February 2008 - 10:21 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

Good job.
That 2k will be like a full auto, 100ft shooting huge airtanked beast!
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

There is still some to come.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

it doesn't work, YET. But here is how to improve the semi 2K beyond recognition.

Pure genius.

Why not wait until you've actually done this before posting it?
SexD Warves

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

Because someone maybe could use the knowledge???
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

Because someone maybe could use the knowledge???

In other words, "so Baghead, who wouldn't do something like that, Doesn't take credit for doing it all himself when he's done helping me get it all working."

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, you do deserve credit for building it, but I'm just posting the idea. BAGS WILL FINISH IT FOR ME BECAUSE I AM HORRID at this. Thanks Bags!
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

I was thinking of doing this to my at3k to take advantage of it's rotating mechanism. I'm glad the idea of a semi-auto 2k isn't dead though. I don't own a dtg so could somebody fill me in on how the turret rotates?

#9 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

Like a mav, pulling back on the trigger moves it .5 of a step, releasing completes the step.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#10 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

ah, thanks for the explanation.

#11 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, I was going to do this for a little while now, but never really wanted to shell out $15 just to make one.

Maybe when I really need it.

Anyways, good job. I know hard those valves are to pull, and the leaking is very annoying.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#12 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

Looks like a great idea, Cole! Hope it works well!
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#13 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

First off I would like to apologize for my last outburst at you. The reason I did that was you seemed like a very good modder, and then (at least I think so) you left for a bit and when you started posting again, it just seemed like constant bitching and "I'm posting this but I don't care what you think" type things. And it doesn't exactly make me happy so see a good modder go down the drain. You obviously seem to have regained (Well, I'm my eyes anyway) your previous status as a resourceful and ingenuitive (not a word, I know) modder. Congrats.

On topic: So, is this similar to the double ball valve configuration for homemades, though obviously in a smaller format?

Can't wait to see it done.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#14 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

No, its more or less a safety valve stopping constant air flow from the bladder.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users