Spring Ohio War

March 29th, Tipp City, Ohio

112 replies to this topic

#1 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Well, after seeing all of the responses to the other war planning thread, here's the first war of the year for us Ohioans. This war will be going down in the Dayton, OH area. More specifically, Tipp City, OH (15 minutes north of Dayton).

Directions:
There isn't a set address, but here's how you get here:

-Get on I-75 and get off at exit 68 (Tipp City/West Milton)
-Head east on Rt. 571 (The street you hit when getting off the hwy). It will be a right turn if coming from south, left turn if coming from north.
-turn right at the next light (There will be a BP station on your right. I think the street name is Garber Dr.)
-Continue through the first stop sign. You will pass a dentist's office, and a few houses on the right, then the park is there on your right and left. Park anywhere on the street. If you hit a second stop sign you've gone too far.

If you can't find the place or need help, pm me your phone number and we can get in touch that way.

DATE SET: March 29th
Time: 10am-whenever

Rules/Regulations:

Standard rules, no singled titans, sm5k's, the like. We'll test it gameday on you from point blank range to see if it's usable. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended, as this isn't a huge field. There is a creek running through two of the areas, and some playground equipment as well. Gametypes will vary, I'm open to suggestions.
As usual, bring water (there is a drinking fountain, but it might be closed up for winter by then), guns, ammo and anything else you think you'll need. Cookout afterwards if we get enough people and we're hungry enough (shouldn't be a problem).

Participants list: (Updated 3-12-08)

Definite
bpso86+co.
Diablo
bobafan
Twitch+2-3
NerfMonkey
Lynx

Possible
oodalumps+2?
boisie+1-2 (75%)
Slappy+1?

Come on Ohio, let's start the year off right!

Field Pics:

Right side of street (This is the largest field, with the most trees, and a creek that snakes through the entire field):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Left side of street (This field is more of a playground, but it still has the creek running through it):
Posted Image

Posted Image

The last field is out of view, but it's basically just an open field. Sorry for the quality, my windows are tinted kind of dark, it was dusk, and I was in the car.

Edited by bpso86, 13 March 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

Once again, I'll try to be there. I'll get another flag too.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

I'll be there along with Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch again, and probably The Ruckus. That park is probably the best arena in which I'm played so far.
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#4 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

I'll try to come. Might have some other people come too.

#5 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

Jedijoe9 has my potential ride.

I still have to convince my mom that I am not going to get diddled...

Anyways...

I am modding my at2k this weekend and will use a Gengar003 mod to pimp out a Nitefinder. (plus a ace49)

I plan to have 2 stefan/stock clips (separate sides) or a stefan and a seperate stock clip...

I will hopefully be there too...and not raping Lynx.

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside...

Edited by Lynx, 26 February 2008 - 08:08 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#6 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

I will hopefully be there too...and not raping lynx.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#7 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

I'll be there.

I haven't looked at specific directions yet, but I assume I'll be driving somewhere near your residence Lynx. If I assume correctly, and JediJoe can't give you a ride, I'd be more than happy to pick you up on the way down.

Let's go Ohio!

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#8 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

I still have to convince my mom that I am not going to get diddled...

You know, if we were going to do that we could have in Columbus...

Anyways... so far the prospects look good. With spring break week happening right before the scheduled date, I'll have plenty of time to make enough darts to drown you all in foam. I'll also have at least a couple more guns modded (SS2's, pump-shotgun, quadded at2k, random classified top secret project, etc.).

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

Diablo pm if you would like an address/phone number.

Also, bpso86, how many people do you think you can bring?

And will you guys use more stefans or stock darts?

I think we should do something like assault (the ONLY flag capturer wants some more), some death match (points), and even capture the flag.

And now for something completely different:

WOOT

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

I'll probably have around 10 in my contingent.

I was thinking of trying out a couple of different gametypes... one, we call the "mole", where one person on your team is actually on the other team (works great with the ridiculous numbers of people we have here).

The other is sort of an infinite game... you keep track of your kills, and whoever you kill comes back in when you die. That should liven things up, and make you a little bit more likely to dodge the darts.

We will most likely be using stefans, although you can shoot stock darts if you really want to.

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

My Zero breeched 2k will have a speed loader with a stefan/stock side.

Also, I still need to do my Ace#49 Gengar 003 NF (trying to happen this weekend).

Sounds cool guys!

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#12 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

I lied. I'm pretty sure I will be able to go now and maybe also make the Columbus one. I'll be bringing quite a load of guns so if anybody needs a loaner or is interested in buying something it's no problem.

30 days.
SexD Warves

#13 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

I lied. I'm pretty sure I will be able to go now and maybe also make the Columbus one. I'll be bringing quite a load of guns so if anybody needs a loaner or is interested in buying something it's no problem.

30 days.

wait, what Columbus one?

I will not be able to attend this one.

Lynx, check your PM's.

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

Anybody else feel like posting here so we can get an accurate headcount? I know there were more people than this that posted in the planning thread.
SexD Warves

#15 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

I am looking good to go at this point.
My dad is going on a 200k bike ride in Columbus that day so he can drop me off.

I'll look into getting another CTF flag.

I hope I have enough darts, FA hasn't gotten more foam yet.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#16 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

Two more people that I know may come.

This will be my first Nerf war so how many darts will I need? I use a Longshot.

Edited by oodalumps, 01 March 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#17 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

how many darts will I need?

Bring about 2 times as many as you think you will need. The December war was my first and I brought two brand spanking new packs of taggers (60). I left with 7. It's just inevitable that you will lose darts. It's especially tough if you are using streamlines because you can't use other ammo that you find. I've learned my lesson and I've been making stefans- It just makes sense.

Assuming I make it back, I'm pretty excited for this war. It sounds like it is going to be a good turnout at an awesome looking location. Yee Haw Ohio.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#18 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

I'm usually fine with 100 but if you take a lot of shots make 200. I usually find about half of my darts I started with and we will probably have dart pickups at least once or twice, so you should be fine with 150 or so.
SexD Warves

#19 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

Thanks guys. I've got 200 stefans so I guess I'll be fine.

#20 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

You're lucky then; I've yet to start making any or fixing up my guns.

Just to make this post meaningful...

penis.
SexD Warves

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Not this year, but a maybe in the future. It would be 400 miles total to get there and back. And I dont have the gas money or guns and ammo right now.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#22 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

I've never been in an outside war, so this sounds like it should be fun. Do we have a "recommended" age minimum in mind? I've got a 10 yr old who is begging me to bring him if I can make it myself.

Also, that field didn't look like it was extraordinarily big, so is there a backup location in mind in case we have too many or the park is in use by some other group?

I apologize if this has been discussed and answered already in the other thread and I missed it; I've been skimming the posts trying to keep up on things.

#23 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

There is a very large park on the outskirts of town, but I don't think we'll get that many people. The field with the creek is on one side of the road, then there are two more fields on the other side for us to spread out. We should be ok in that department.

As for the age minimum, there really isn't one, if he wants to come then by all means let him, we'll just have to make sure he has safety gear on and we'll take it easy on him. :)

#24 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

50% chance I can get there. Thats if someone can't give me a ride (Lakewood OH) Otherwise, its 75%.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#25 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:21 AM

boisie, Lakewood is 15 minutes from me. If you need a ride, I got you covered.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users