Dart Holding Gloves

A new nerf product that i made myself

67 replies to this topic

#51 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

So, i have two hobbies and tried to merge them together.

That was your first mistake. My other hobby is performing illusions (mostly card magic). But you don't see me out on the nerf field pulling guns from up my sleeve, making stefans appear from nowhere, or saying things like: "Pick a barrel, any barrel." or "Is this your stefan?" I mean come on now.

In fact, my Fiancee asked me not to spend any more money on them.

Dude! Get out while you still can. I'm not even joking. You DO NOT! want to marry somebody who is asking you not spend money on NERF guns. You don't want to marry a girl that controlling. And you especially don't want to marry a girl who has that much control of you. Next thing you know, she's going to ask you not to NERF. What's next? Forbidding you to hang out with the guys? Then she'll tell when you can use the little boys' room. I'm telling you...get out when you still can!

Anyway, the gloves were a bad idea, but maybe you'll come up with a way to actually increase your efficiency in a NERF war via crochet.

And as far as social maturity and public embarassment...I was a male cheerleader in high school, I play with plastic toys, do magic tricks, enjoy calculus, but you know what? I can also get along with almost anybody and just relax. Cheers!

#52 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:38 PM

Dude! Get out while you still can. I'm not even joking. You DO NOT! want to marry somebody who is asking you not spend money on NERF guns. You don't want to marry a girl that controlling. And you especially don't want to marry a girl who has that much control of you. Next thing you know, she's going to ask you not to NERF. What's next? Forbidding you to hang out with the guys? Then she'll tell when you can use the little boys' room. I'm telling you...get out when you still can!

Actually... She plays nerf, too. She'll be at Bag's Birthday War. She's mighty tough with her AT2K. and the reason why i can't spend money on guns, is the same reason i shouldn't eat out. I need to pay off a lot of bills before i can marry her, and i need to keep every $10 - $20 purchases that i can. it's not her being controlling, trust me.
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#53 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Oh god. What the hell has happened to West Coast Nerf? I remember the days of the SMNC when Cali's Nerfers were all good looking, carefree, heroin-addicted, liberal arts students. Now we have this SCNU which seems to be comprised of socially ostracized, deeply indebted, LARPers. Of all the West Coast's Founding Fathers, why have the children of Hal thrived and multiplied?

I hope Spoon's anti-climatic return to the forums signals the dawn of a brighter day for those of you stranded on the Lodoss Coast. Like a deadbeat dad who's finally returned to make ammends for his negligence. SPOON, YOU HAVE ALLOWED YOUR HALF OF THE COUNTRY TO FALL TO RUIN! I WARNED YOU SPOON, I WARNED YOU!!

And Dark Shrimp: It's not that I don't appreciate your contributions, you mean alot to me. It's just... look, I didn't want to do this in public. We'll.... we'll talk about this when we get home.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#54 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

I think a few of you guys are being a bit too critical. Cheese-Boy has been given a gift, and he is just using it to connect two of his hobbies, nerf and crocheting. He is simply occupying time. I understand that, seeing as I made a suit of armor using only duct tape and a few other objects, consisting of a helmet, a vest with crotchflaps, and gauntlets. I had a popped kickball with a huge gash in it, so what did I do? I made it into a helmet, of course! (Cut it in half, and built a helmet around it with duct tape.) Some people just like making stuff, even if it is silly and impractical. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Edited by Captain, 29 February 2008 - 10:27 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#55 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

is that leather, like you said? or is it knitted? either way, INSPIRED!! YES! :D

Yep. One of my (current, as I bounce around some) other hobbies is manufacturing Steampunk inspired accessories. Giant leather and brass wristwatches made from modified, full-size, mechanical pocketwatches, gear laden belt buckles, etc. One of the reasons I got in to nerf was actually to learn enough to construct a fully operational Steampunk styled foam shooter.

So, i have two hobbies and tried to merge them together.

That was your first mistake. My other hobby is performing illusions (mostly card magic). But you don't see me out on the nerf field pulling guns from up my sleeve, making stefans appear from nowhere, or saying things like: "Pick a barrel, any barrel." or "Is this your stefan?" I mean come on now.

Perhaps you should? It'd be pretty funny, at least. :D
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#56 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

Well, everyone. I officially tested out the gloves and my side arm gun, AND the wristband. It was at the Bags Birthday War, March 1. all i have to say is this...

"Your Assessment Report:

This was a triumph
I'm making a note here
HUGE SUCCESS
It's Hard to overstate
my satisfaction."

The wristband was a little loose in game, because i didn't make it tight enough, and the origional barrel that I put on my Side Arm gun didn't shoot well with loose darts.

"but there's no sense crying
over every mistake.
you just keep on trying
until you run out of cake.
and the science gets done
and you make a neat gun
for the people who are still alive"

SO i ended up replacing that barrel, AND I added 9 dart holders to the side arm. it was really helpful. a great extra gun that i don't need to hold, a whole bunch of darts, and basically it was killer in the pistol round. Drawing darts and loading was quick and easy, AND by the time the game was over, i still had my glove that had 3 darts on my right hand.

So, all in all, It was worth the time i took to make them. I actually think that the full for-arm glove worked a lot more efficiantly than the 3 dart glove, mainly because i could still point forward with one hand and draw from that arm with the other arm. What i'm thinking is actually fusing the glove AND the wristband together, making a beastly glove. So, if any one is interested, i'm done experimenting and i've turned making them into a science. So, if any one wants them, I'm willing to take the time to make 'em! I'll make a few more as examples and post 'em here. and i might post them on a gallery on Photobucket.

Some one else pointed out that they're a good idea for LARPing. so, whatever you want to draw from that...
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#57 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

Awesome news of the gloves' success Cheese-Boy! I'm not gonna lie to, if you could make them out of a thinner material (and black obviously), I just might be interested in one of these. Could you give a 'guesstimation' of their range? As an extra idea for future Glove Guns of DOOM (GGoD, I like this abbreviation), how about replacing the existing barrel with a coupler & speed loader combonation? You could also make a matching glove, for the other hand, which could hold the speed loader(s).

Good job CB.

#58 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Awesome news of the gloves' success Cheese-Boy! I'm not gonna lie to, if you could make them out of a thinner material (and black obviously), I just might be interested in one of these. Could you give a 'guesstimation' of their range? As an extra idea for future Glove Guns of DOOM (GGoD, I like this abbreviation), how about replacing the existing barrel with a coupler & speed loader combonation? You could also make a matching glove, for the other hand, which could hold the speed loader(s).

Good job CB.

thanks! i actually got a small poll to stuff the dart in, and it fits in one of the dart holsters. but i'm curious to what other guns you could use for the glove arm, because it really only seems to work for the "Auto Grip" because it's the only gun that I know of that the release button is actually part of the plunge tube. if you think it's possible to work a pump gun and it's trigger on your arm, like a spidy gun? well, tell me, i want to make more. um, i'll pm you for the prices for my 3 different gloves. i'll have examples made by the middle of the week.

#59 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:17 AM

thanks! i actually got a small poll to stuff the dart in, and it fits in one of the dart holsters. but i'm curious to what other guns you could use for the glove arm, because it really only seems to work for the "Auto Grip" because it's the only gun that I know of that the release button is actually part of the plunge tube. if you think it's possible to work a pump gun and it's trigger on your arm, like a spidy gun? well, tell me, i want to make more. um, i'll pm you for the prices for my 3 different gloves. i'll have examples made by the middle of the week.

I think you've got something there, the SDTGs could definielty work (quite easily aswell). You might even be able to fit 2 SDTGs on one arm....could be useful. I look forward to more examples.

#60 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

I think you've got something there, the SDTGs could definielty work (quite easily aswell). You might even be able to fit 2 SDTGs on one arm....could be useful. I look forward to more examples.

yea, but that would be too obvious. XD though SDTG's are great for putting anywhere!! actually, i might be able to put 2 SDTG's on one glove... and put in a new pump, just split the air flow from the pump and have it rout to the two tanks... hmmmmmmmm..... ideas...

oh man, i would have had some examples of all the dart holding accessories that i was making, but i moved and i lost my Crocheting Hook/needle... *is sad* oh well. i'll get back to it as soon as i can, though!

#61 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

thanks! i actually got a small poll to stuff the dart in, and it fits in one of the dart holsters. but i'm curious to what other guns you could use for the glove arm, because it really only seems to work for the "Auto Grip" because it's the only gun that I know of that the release button is actually part of the plunge tube.

If you're looking for a gun that can be gauntlet-mounted, the purple and orange air-zone crossbow would probably work. They get decent range after modification, the trigger is a little switch on the right at the back of the weapon, and you can just remove the arms and...there you go. I've been planning to make a strap-on holder for one with duct tape, but I sort of need the gun itself before I make it...

#62 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

That gun is about 2' long, maybe for your forearm... but your hand?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#63 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

That gun is about 2' long, maybe for your forearm... but your hand?

Did you see his other gun? He used an autogrip, and it was for his forearm, so it would work.

#64 everist death

everist death

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

o wow i turn my head well the page is loding see my glovs and nerly get the same idea in that split secand befar i see the pic........wtf, o well you beat me to it
man don't you hate when you cant come up with a sig.

#65 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

Not that its my job to point this out, and im a relitively new nerfer, but this topic is more than a year old.
I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

#66 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

o wow i turn my head well the page is loding see my glovs and nerly get the same idea in that split secand befar i see the pic........wtf, o well you beat me to it

Nerfdude is correct. This topic is a year old and you've added nothing of use. On top of that, you seem to be speaking a dialect of.......something, that no one on the planet can understand. Read the Code of Conduct, and follow it. This will include using punctuation, capitalization, fairly accurate spelling (just give us a hint as to what word you're trying to use), and some kind of sentance structure. You've been given warning, don't expect another.

Thanks,
VACC

#67 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Um.... when did this stray from a discussion about gloves to an argument?
and i think that it is a cool concept, but may be even better as a belt of some sort?
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#68 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

sorry, please excuse my previous post. i failed to see that there were 5 pages instead of three... so therefore missed alot
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users