I have the perfect location for the MO war: my place!
I live on about 60 acres of land (none of it farmed) with about a third of it wooded and with trails running all over the place. There is also a creek in the woods and we actually have several bridges that cross them.
This a link to GoogleEarth that shows my land. It's the one with the red house. My land is rectangular and is bordered on all sides by trees and or a road. It should be in the middle of the page.http://maps.google.c...z=17&iwloc=addr
(for some reson the link won't center on it, but it has my house in the upper left corner)
When this thing gets going I will make a map that details everything.
I have 6 friends from town that I know would be able to make it.
Keep in mind that I have never attended a major outdoor war, so some of my ideas may not be practical, but here are some major plusses to having this war at my place:
1. The war will be on private property so there will be no outside restrictions.
2. People that live far away will be able to come a day early and stay at my house instead of having to drive at 3 am or go to a motel. Same applies for the trip home, they can stay the night and leave early in the morning to avoid driving home in the middle of the night.
3. There will be so much space that will allow for untold amounts of different scenario play. Imagine: 2 teams separated by hundreds of yards without a direct line of sight to each other will have to plan for attacks coming through the woods or under the weeds in the field. So much strategy could be involved!
4. This is a maybe, my dad may not allow it, but time will tell: We have four wheelers! Imagine, mobile assault teams. And HOLY CRAP! (just thought of this idea) if the vulcan turns out to be any good modded, we could mount them on the 4 wheelers and have warthog-like vehicles!
5. I have a POOL! An inground one! Inbetween games we can cool down. I also have a fairly large-sized pond that could be swum in also.
6. I already have had many indoor wars in my 3 car garage. This will be very fun for those that stay the night. Trust me they are awesome: I set up sheets all around the walls to prevent the losing of darts and when it gets dark we turn off the lights and turn on the strobes. It's pretty freaking sweet.
Negatives (feel free to point out more) :
1. None, other than I live about 20 minutes from the nearest fast food joint, but my mom could cook some pretty awesome stuff for us.
I know some of this may seem unpractical (especially idea #4) but I feel all in all this could be very cool. Having a war on private property where we can control everything I feel could turn in to the ultimate war.
I would like to point out again that I haven't attended a major outdoor war and so some of this probably won't work, but I feel the overall idea is great. So go ahead and point out the flaws in my idea, or point out some suggestions; I would like all the advice I can get.
EDIT: Added link to Google Earth, couldn't get pictures to work for some reason.
Edited by StephenColbert, 26 February 2008 - 01:10 AM.