Pop Point Integrations

Easy and Non-forever Integrations

37 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

This can be done for many many guns. The idea comes from David_Bowie (something like that) and his Barretta Barrel. This was done on my RF100 to detach the side of the gun. Here is the writeup-

Materials-
PVC Pieces (1in) x2
Posted Image
Crossbow (Mine is called the Cactus)
Posted Image
CPVC Sticks (1in) x2
Posted Image
Hot Glue
Manta Ray
Posted Image
E6000 (Adhesive available at Hobby Lobby)

Tools-
Ratcheting PVC Cutters
Posted Image
Hot Glue Gun

First get your gun. In this specific modification we will be using the Manta Ray and Crossbow. I placed the CPVC sticks on the Manta Ray in the back, on the shield in the gap in the rear, and the other centered on the handgrip. Use lots of hotglue. Then place a large amount of E6000 on the tow pieces. It will make it incredibly hard Then take your PVC cutters and cut the PVC pieces lengthwise at about a 60:40 ratio.
Posted Image

The finished pieces will look like this-
Posted Image

Pop these pieces on the CPVC pieces on the Manta Ray. Put a massive amount of Hot Glue on the PVC sections and press the whole gun onto the other gun, the Guru. I placed it on the top, on the rail, with the back of the Manta Ray on the place where the original barrel of the Crossbow was. Let the pieces dry and twist the Manta Ray off. This is what it should look like-
Posted Image

This is what the gun looks like with the Manta Ray on-
Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT-
Yea, I know its impractical. I know it will not see use before I take it off. It was a technology demonstrator. Not a working weapon. I mean, a Manta on a Crossbow? No. SMDTGs and 2Ks maybe, but I knew I wouldn't use this. The point is that it allows for hardpoints to modify your weapons.

Edited by General Cole, 21 February 2008 - 03:18 AM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

How secure is it? It looks like it would fall off after any sudden movement.

Xbow+Spit fire+Manta=?

Edited by P.C. III, 18 February 2008 - 08:40 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#3 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

Isn't Guru Groove's gun?
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#4 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Its really secure. I can pick up the gun by the Manta Ray and shake it. I will attach two SMDTGs with Turrets on ALL BARRELS when I get the materials. I can also use anything with a CPVC rail attached to the underside.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hot glue does not make a secure enough attachment on its own.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for reminding me. I left a step out. Edit-

Put a massive amount of E6000 (plastics adhesive) on over the hot glue. It cures remarkably fast.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

On OVER the hot glue? What the hell is that going to accomplish?
I personally think you're still high from the glue fumes.

I'm also amused by how crooked your splitfire barrels are.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 February 2008 - 09:11 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

These do not look like they are very secure therefore they must be gay.

Also shouldn't you have the manta ray pointing at the ground too to compensate for your back problem?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

http://www.save-on-c.../gluee6000.html

E6000 will not tear, unless you cut it with a hobby knife and tear many small pieces off.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#10 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

This is actually pretty cool...manta-attached-to-Guru doppelganger notwithstanding.

It's similar to the method I used to attach the shield on the SNAP-duo, but on a smaller scale. I hadn't thought about using it for a modular integration system...pretty cool. However, the glue just doesn't work for me. If you're going to use a system like this, use screws or epoxy. Shaking it is one thing, but I'd imagine this all popping off with a good jolt at a war.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

You still don't understand? You said you applied E6000 over the hot glue, which would mean all you did is try to strengthen the bond between the hot glue and what it is touching, but in fact probably undermined the adherence of the hot glue itself. Either you have your sentence structure miswritten or you're pulling that statement out of your ass.

The directions on E6000 and other epoxies state that they are contact adhesives that are meant to adhere surfaces that are in direct contact which each other. The strength of that bond is dependent upon how chemically receptive to the epoxy the two surfaces you are trying to attach are, and the amount of surface area that they are contacting each other with.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 February 2008 - 09:18 PM.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

Thats true. You can probably use whatever adhesive you would like. A screw would work, but there isn't much room for a screw in the front snap piece. Its a good idea, I may use screws on the rear because there is room.

EDIT-
Mounting with Pics

Posted Image

I think imaseoulman is right.

Edited by General Cole, 18 February 2008 - 09:23 PM.

-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#13 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

While I admire your creativity (I don't believe I've ever seen a manta/xbow/splitfire before), I'm not sure I see the benefit of mounting the manta on top of the xbow. It's certainly not deflecting any shots in that position, but it does give you a few more shots, thought ranges wouldn't be too great and it would be kinda awkward to fire. Also, it will make aiming down your barrel (of the XBow) almost impossible. But, if you practiced enough and your barrel is permanently attached (i.e. you don't use a coupler to remove it so it's pointing in a slightly different direction each time you put it on), you could probably get the accuracy worked out.

The only benefit I see to this is that you are carrying an extra gun, hands free, that you can take off and use when you want to. It could be done better but there's a lot to be said about a removable integration (I just think there are way better applications for it).

And just some friendly advice, you might want to not post for a week or so. I think people are tired of hearing from you...I'm honestly just trying to help, I think you would have gotten much better responses to this if you NEVER used the word GURU again (in fact, it might be a good idea to go back and edit "Guru" out of your write up) and if you hadn't just pissed everybody off with your RF100 thread. Cheers mate!

Edited by imaseoulman, 18 February 2008 - 09:18 PM.

#14 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

I'm a little confused with your logic. What is the advantage to mounting a Manta on the top of a Crossbow? That's like taking two things that don't go well together and slapping them into a bastardized form. Kind of like steak and ice cream. Again, both great, but together...not so much.

Refer to first line of signature. That is all I can really say.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#15 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

For as much as he's added to the forum in the past month or so, cole seems to have received a disproportional amount of flak- almost every comment in everything he's posted has been negative. I'll agree that this doesn't look like the most functional bastard ever, but if nothing else the amount of effort you're putting into this is commendable. I guess if this is what works for you... well, you're just weird, but whatever.

#16 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

I don't know guys, I think I am being compelled to just go out and buy a crossbow and see how many guns I can stick to it before I fall over. I have a question though cole, how are you turreting all of the spidey dart tag barrels? and are the ranges worth the turreting? I know I've separated the barrels so that I have 3 individual ones but did you lengthen the tubing too?

Edited by Cannonball, 19 February 2008 - 12:17 AM.

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

For as much as he's added to the forum in the past month or so, cole seems to have received a disproportional amount of flak- almost every comment in everything he's posted has been negative.

You understand if you'd been around for his first 800 or so posts.

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

You understand if you'd been around for his first 800 or so posts.

*Cole likes to bend the truth [over and ream it with a studded dong made of pure fail]
*Sticking a Manta on a Crossbow is about as functional as putting a bayonet on a hand grenade.
*Any kind of adhesive is probably not enough to really hold all this stuff together, but some hardware could do the trick.
*Pop points are actually a pretty neat idea.

That about cover it? I don't see any reason to discuss GC's failure to align his barrels or his chronic lack of depth perception any further. This thread is about a pretty cool way to stick a gun to another gun (always a crowd pleaser here). If you want to play internet tough guy and bash a teenager for overestimating ranges, why not make a thread about it in Off Topic and see how long it lasts.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

*Sticking a Manta on a Crossbow is about as functional as putting a bayonet on a hand grenade.

:lol:

I laughed so hard I farted. Then I fell off of my chair.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#20 GBscientist

GBscientist

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

I find the image of seven potentially loaded barrels pointing at my face quite intimidating, even if the resulting weapon is totally impractical. The potential of the pop point rail system is laudable.
Pneumatic Armaments Enthusiast

"Peace through Superior Firepower." Arsenal of Freedom ST:TNG

#21 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

Dude clear your message center, it's full.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#22 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

Kabumei - the art of the sharpened grenade. Enjoy, Piney.
http://video.google....329925136346543

Edited by Green Riptide, 19 February 2008 - 04:13 PM.

#23 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

:o

...So...who's hungry? Anyone tried one of those new pizzas wrapped around a ham?

Edited by jwasko, 19 February 2008 - 05:33 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#24 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Can I find a guru (or more) at my local hardware stores??
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#25 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Holy fuck.

It's like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some retarted asian Martial Art documentary in one.

Kabumei: The art of the pointy grenade, where stabbing bamboo turns into innards for you.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 19 February 2008 - 08:52 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users