Big Blast W/mav Turret

Finally got it up...

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:52 AM

So I posted a topic awhile ago about this, and a few people asked me to do a write-up, and I apoligize for the delay and to any administrator/moderator/overbearer who reads this, I hope it do this to your liking, this is my first write-up. Thanks to Forsaken_Angel24 for showing me how to resize pictures. So unto the mod...

Parts needed:
-Big Blast
-Super Glue
-Hot glue + Gun
-PETG
-Maverick turret with all parts to it (including the long rod thing that holds it together)
-Dremel (with grinding bit)
-Patience

First off, this is what you'll be making...
Posted Image

So really the only hard part of all this is actually getting the turret on there. Once you've got it on just coupler/pump-plug mod it and you're done. So first you need this part from the maverick...
Posted Image

And to show where it is on the maverick, it should be in the center hole on a normal Maverick...
Posted Image

Now if you look down the barrel you can see the little barrels inside the turret have been cut away/dremeled so the PETG fits...
Posted Image

So here's what a normal turret looks like, and then taken apart into three sections...
Posted Image
Posted Image

So take this part of the turret and hacksaw/dremel it off. Try to make it as clean as possible, if not just sand it down till its all flat...
Posted Image

Now this is the part where you need a dremel. Grind out those holes until you can fit PETG through it...
Posted Image

Now do the same thing to this part of the turret with the exception that you want to make hole in the bottom of each part of the turret. You want the PETG to fit tightly in it...
Posted Image

And what it should look like at the end...
Posted Image

Now do that six more times and then put a piece of PVC in the coupler and dremel it down so that the PETG fits because it won't go in otherwise. Also don't forget the Metal rod that holds the turret together...
Posted Image

Honestly I wouldn't use this gun in a war, like I said it was more a concept. However use it to your liking. thw whole process took about an hour. You can decide how long you want your barrels to be. Basically you just twist the turret and push in another barrel, pump, and fire. Enjoy!

~Shadow~
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

That is really cool. I finally have a use for my dead maverick, if I ever get my greasy little hands on a big blast. I am sorry to ask this, but I am too lazy and tired at 3 A.M. to revive that other thread about this gun, so what are the ranges on this thing? 120? 140? I think this would make a hell of a primary in a war. Range, combined with a pretty god ROF.
EDIT: Yawn...

Edited by Bomberman, 22 February 2008 - 06:11 AM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, the dremel isn't required for this either.

I was getting around to doing the Mav part of this gun, but I was missing the catch to my Mav.
~AJAQ~

#4 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Ranges are about the same as a normally modded big blast
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users