Photo

Straightening At2k Barrels

4 replies to this topic

#1 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

I currently have a at2k turret and I am attaching PETG barrels. The only problem is I can't for the life of me get the barrels to be straight and symmetrical. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get all the barrels straight besides trying to eyeball them?

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:20 AM

I used the center piece of the turret (the thing with the screw in it) that used to hold the stock barrels to kind of guide the new barrels. Then I put a piece of FBR in the front end of the barrels and wrapped e-tape around the barrels nice and tight so they pushed against the foam just enough to keep straight.
If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can saw off the tips of the stock barrels that have the little tab that goes into the center piece, dremel them out, and use those as guides. When I tried this, it took me way too long to dremel them out, so I just went with what I posted above.

#3 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:25 AM

If you use nitefinder ammo holders and kind of make a diamond shaped thing out of them with the barrels. I don't know if it'll work with a 2k though.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:59 AM

Keep the center piece unscrewed and take it out, the turret will still stay together (it did on my 3K), put your barrels in place, and put the center piece in there, and it should straighten them pretty well. I did this on my AT3K, and the barrels are fully centered and perfect. It is currently my primary.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

I eyeballed mine. I took 1/2 thin wall PVC and just glued them on in place as straight as I possibly could. In order to keep the rest straight, I made sure that each one was straight in relation to each other. I used a small level, and a piece of string to make it as exact as I could. I made sure not to rush, I didn't want to screw it up, so I spent about fifteen minutes gluing the barrels on my at2k. It fires perfectly straight.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users