Footage Idea

7 replies to this topic

#1 PILZ

PILZ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hey Guys,
Last YANO, i shared an idea with Bags about this....
Well one day was bored and watching paintball fights and whatknot. It got boring kuz they were all 3rd person shots but dont display it close up and also actually seeing a hit. A Paintball requires a high speed camera to come out clean on frame. So i felt that a dart has a better chance to come on frame.
Unfortunately Darts actualy come out clean on film but when you render your footage for posting on the net, some darts dont show up at all unless its point blank.
(Note: Bag's Fking Pecan Video)
So...considering no one's ever REALLY officialy done this except WWII fighter planes.
Im actually gonna try a gun cam.
This means taking my high quality Kodak Dual Lens cam and strapping it on a gun and see if it works....better that filming darts on motion from a panning perspective.

So anybody ever try this?
Im gonna run some tests with a nightfinder than work my way up the ladder.

I got one clip of Hubbard firing a shot...
A dart shot from a nightfinder has about five frames or more before its off camera.
so we'll see.....

what do you think
Whats the situation guys!

#2 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

This is a good idea, I might try this. Possibly have it store to a usb thumb-drive, to cut down on bulk. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe FA24 did this on his assassin videos. You could clearly see the darts on his rf20.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#3 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

Its been done. First off , by FA in his assassin vids. And by me with a digital camera strapped to some of my guns at some basements wars, I have he video, but it was pure blur. You could do this, but do it with a decent camera and keep the shutter speed LOW like 1/10000000 or something, otherwise its gonna be motion sickness central.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

Frost Vectron did this too. But as mentioned it is blurry, and hard/impossible to see the darts.

Edited by venom213, 20 February 2008 - 08:53 PM.

#5 PILZ

PILZ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:20 PM

Hmm...well i tried strapping my cam but the problem is strapping it to a nightfinder proved lame kuz i needed a ruler to actualy get the un on camera BUT the ruler would actually cover the gun...so that was lame...Im gonna see BAGS today and hope to run some tests with a larger gun (and post war footage for once)...So we'll see.
Some of my other tests indicate that Foam Darts on consumer camera footage actually show up for only four frames but my shutter speed is consumer speed so...on my school cams it should show up better.
Ill let you guys know when i post the test...thx

Edited by PILZ, 22 February 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Whats the situation guys!

#6 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hey Guys,
Last YANO, i shared an idea with Bags about this....
Well one day was bored and watching paintball fights and whatknot. It got boring kuz they were all 3rd person shots but dont display it close up and also actually seeing a hit. A Paintball requires a high speed camera to come out clean on frame. So i felt that a dart has a better chance to come on frame.
Unfortunately Darts actualy come out clean on film but when you render your footage for posting on the net, some darts dont show up at all unless its point blank.
(Note: Bag's Fking Pecan Video)
So...considering no one's ever REALLY officialy done this except WWII fighter planes.
Im actually gonna try a gun cam.
This means taking my high quality Kodak Dual Lens cam and strapping it on a gun and see if it works....better that filming darts on motion from a panning perspective.

So anybody ever try this?
Im gonna run some tests with a nightfinder than work my way up the ladder.

I got one clip of Hubbard firing a shot...
A dart shot from a nightfinder has about five frames or more before its off camera.
so we'll see.....

what do you think

I did it mounted behind my LS' rail. looked alright.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#7 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

I am an avid paintball player, and was once on a local sponsored team. We would record are practices to see how we could better our teamwork and all that fine jazz using the cameras that would attach to our barrels, nicknamed "Land Warrior" cameras based off similar designs used for military special ops rifles. I believe I still have mine, and might try using this method to record an upcoming war.

Edit:

Although it might not be worth it becuase those cameras add a considerable ammoutn of weight to a barrel, so it would only destroy your barrel and render the gun useless.

Edited by Zaxbys, 22 February 2008 - 03:45 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#8 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:13 AM

http://www.heartrate...T18-camera.html

http://www.firehelmetcam.net/

http://www.helmetcamera.com/

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B000AYAJ34

Here are some options. The firefirghter version comes with multiple mounting accesories which could easily be mounted to a blaster.
A broken gun just means more parts for the other ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users