Remeber Abp5k?

I think I've found it

19 replies to this topic

#1 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

I am in victoria, I am using my dads laptop to tell you what I saw and so this is an account of what happened.

The following takes place between 3-4 pm

These 3 20ish guys were in a field, playing with some airsoft guns, now I am a fan of watching these so I stopped for a sec to watch, this second soon turned into about 20 minutes, (enough time for my parents to have walked back to the hotel, telling me to be back in time for dinner at a local restraunte). And the police arrived and seemingly (I was about 50 ft away) politely asked them to put the guns away. So they go to what I assume was their car and see them pull out some stuff, two of them pull out what looks like beer and as I begin to walk away, one of them (the tallest one) takes out a gun that looks to be made of polycarbonite or some other plastic and a large, red, air compressor tank (it looks like a red propane tank that someone has squashed down.) and fires the gun, a dart (apparently streamline) is fired out of it. I creep up as I realize what this is, and behind his car I hear him saying something along the lines of "Yeah, I found this in a bag when I was riding the bus from Ontario. I've been trying to sell it but I may just keep it for myself" as I stand up he sees me, yells at me "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SNEAKING AROUND MY CAR?" I was to intimidated to confront him. I leave and begin to address the situation in my cozy hotel room.

But CS, I won't let you down, I have one more week in Canada and I will spend every second I have looking for him. My log of this will continue as I get on the computer once daily.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Did you get his license plate? Was there any opportunity to approach the police concerning this?

The gun looked like this in its final state. I broke the first barrel testing the gun with the compressor I can't remember whether or not I fixed it before I put it into the bag.
http://www.captainsl...abp5k_99995.jpg

The bag contained an 88ci 4500psi paintball tank with the regulator removed (so that it could be put in checked luggage)
http://www.captainsl...f/abp5k_990.jpg

which was individually packaged into a cardboard box which has my name and address on it. I also had my name and address on the luggage tags if I remember correctly.
If any authorities want to contact me concerning this I can name the contents of the bag from memory and have way more than enough photographic evidence to prove ownership.
But since whoever ended up with my bag is most likely an asshole they have probably already sold off the more valuable items and there's nothing I can do about it.

Forsaken_Angel24's friends took me to the Toronto Bus terminal twice on the weekend of Hell Before Halloween to try to get my bag tracked down but Greyhound can't do anything if the person that ended up with my bag didn't return it to the station. I returned the bag I ended up with, but the person with my bag did not.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 12:29 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

He had streamlines so he probably is kinda into nerf, he looks like a guy who wouldn't be in toy stores. The plate was a customized plate and may have been American. It was definantly not a paintball tank, this was one of those huge industrialized tanks. He did say something about a box though. I'm not so familiar with Canadian law so I wasn't sure if an officer could help.

Edited by pulletman, 19 February 2008 - 12:12 AM.

i'm retarded

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

This is very interesting. You have been pm'd
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

Don't go to any extreme lengths on my behalf. If I did get the ABP5k prototype back it will probably just end up hanging on my wall as a plaque because it was more of a test-bed than a usable weapon. I lost more time when that bag disappeared then I did money.
Making 600 darts took 3 weekends and I burned at least 70 hours on ABP5k and BOBII (which was also in the bag) combined.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 12:21 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

Man, I'm going to go to extreme lengths. This guy took your gun and had the opportunity to return it, but he crossed the line. He insulted the whole NIC and is still insulting us as we speak. Besides, my dads here on business and my family and me may be here another month. Oh and just because I know its gonna happen (speaking to the newer members here), please don't tell me that I'm a lieing micheal moore fucktard.

Edited by pulletman, 19 February 2008 - 12:28 AM.

i'm retarded

#7 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

Anyone else filled with righteous fury?

Come on, guys: if anon could get up the courage to fight Scientology, why can't we stand up to a few punk airsofters (not that all airsofters are punks)? Of course, I have an exam coming up that precludes me from helping; but everyone else can feel free to go. :blush:

Dang, now I seriously feel the need to smash something...

Good luck, guys.

Edit:

Man, I'm going to go to extreme lengths. This guy took your gun and had the opportunity to return it, but he crossed the line. He insulted the whole NIC and is still insulting us as we speak.

Yeah (though you may want to wait until Angel can give you some backup)!

Edited by jwasko, 19 February 2008 - 12:32 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#8 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Yeah (though you may want to wait until Angel can give you some backup)!

You know I would really love to but, my parents are the kind that are really weird about internet safety. They would probably approve of my vigilante justice but if I'm doing it with a stranger (especially one that is probably much stronger than me) they would freak out and I would have to live with my aunt.

Captain slug: He has apparently tried to sell the gun but has decided to keep it for himself, as for the paintball tank he probably sold it and then hook ed the gun up to his industrial air compressor. I do have a compressor that was pretty much identical to his.

Edited by pulletman, 19 February 2008 - 12:43 AM.

i'm retarded

#9 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

Parents and police are acceptable alternatives...speaking of which, you didn't get a license plate, did you?

But, seriously, dude, it's not worth getting the crap beat out of you. And you didn't exactly ingratiate yourself during the first confrontation...

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#10 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Parents and police are acceptable alternatives...speaking of which, you didn't get a license plate, did you?

But, seriously, dude, it's not worth getting the crap beat out of you. And you didn't exactly ingratiate yourself during the first confrontation...

No license plate, and yea I wont physically confront him, however I will con him and probably steal around a 1000 dollars and expose his drugs to the police (his car smelled like weed and he seemed high)

i'm retarded

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

No no no no no.
Leave it to the police and do it as it should be done. Ethically, responsibly, and legally.

#12 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

No no no no no.
Leave it to the police and do it as it should be done. Ethically, responsibly, and legally.

Right, ok, but do you live in the US or canada if you live in america the legal stuff might be a bitch. I am exposing his weed though and I will write him a lil note saying "payback"

i'm retarded

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

I am exposing his weed though and I will write him a lil note saying "payback"

That won't do anything except piss him off. Marijuana is not as illegal as it is in the United States. In many provinces it's perfectly legal to possess it.

Again, let the police handle this. They can get in contact with me and deal with him. Then the respective parties with the authority and means to do so can handle this.

Putting yourself in harms way or potentially committing a crime over plastic toy guns would be a great way to disappoint me and the community in this situation. There's no amount of money that would make it permissible for you to do that on my behalf. That bag was full of THINGS and THINGS are pretty easy to replace.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 01:08 AM.

#14 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:03 AM

That won't do anything except piss him off. Marijuana is not as illegal as it is in the United States. In many provinces it's perfectly legal to possess it.

Again, let the police handle this. They can get in contact with me and deal with him. Then the respective parties with the authority and means to do so can handle this.

May I beat his ass with a lead pipe? Ok well even if I don't take vigilante justice out on him the hardest part is finding his high ass

IMPORTANT EDIT:

He has just been sighted by my sister checking out of our hotel. I can see him outside and hes is walking to his car, it has Washington (state) plates and a border that says "I Heart seattle" he has a light reflecting plate blocker or maybe his plates are just washed out. However this may seem bad but I live in seattle! I think I will document this on video when I get home.

Edited by pulletman, 19 February 2008 - 01:14 AM.

i'm retarded

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

The officers that did show up to the scene you witnessed will probably be able to get his information and they can be contacted if you simply report the incident in detail.
I have sent you my contact information to give to the police.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 01:15 AM.

#16 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

Putting yourself in harms way or potentially committing a crime over plastic toy guns would be a great way to disappoint me and the community in this situation. There's no amount of money that would make it permissible for you to do that on my behalf. That bag was full of THINGS and THINGS are pretty easy to replace.

You are very right, however he has retreated to my hometown (seattle) and I will have to find him there (seattle is a huge city)

i'm retarded

#17 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

That would be nigh impossible without a huge amount of effort or extremely dumb luck. Contact the local police that responded to the incident from earlier first since they might have his information recorded and can then forward it to the police jurisdiction that he resides in.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 01:38 AM.

#18 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I hope that pulletman is being honest with his statements, CaptainSlug. But I do want to let you know that I just recently muted his account over at NerfHQ for being a stereotypical newb. If you're bad enough to get muted over there, then you're probably bad enough to make up a huge story like this to get some recognition.

Not saying that is the case, but I just want to tell you what I know.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#19 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

If I haven't made it clear already: I don't care too much about getting this stuff back.
I'm completely over it and never expect to see it again. I'm not going to offer a reward and I'm not going to pursue this with any effort myself. If anyone other than the police or Greyhound contacts me saying they have my stuff, I'm not really interested.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 02:15 AM.

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

If I haven't made it clear already: I don't care too much about getting this stuff back.
I'm completely over it and never expect to see it again. I'm not going to offer a reward and I'm not going to pursue this with any effort myself. If anyone other than the police or Greyhound contacts me saying they have my stuff, I'm not really interested.

Yeah, this is incredibly fishy to say the least. I'm gonna close this thread and allow this guy to contact you via pm, Cap'n. I'd prefer he keep this between the two of you. Pulletman if you really have something and want to take it through the proper authorities, contact slug and handle this privately.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users