Recon Mod Idea

is this even possible?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Slappy

Slappy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

Hello all! First timer pleased to be able to post! I wasn't sure where this should go since it's about a mod but it's not anything more than an idea at the moment, so...

Anyway, recently while reading about the nitefinder and recon integration ( http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10659 ), it occurred to me that it would be possible to turn the recon into a "shot-gun style" pump gun. My thought was that a recon could be cut and merged with a nitefinder or a disk shot pistol similar to what Arius did, only with the clip on top and feeding downward. The gun can fire in this manner out of the box, it's just not very comfortable holding the stock handle upside down and pulling the trigger with your pinky. The benefits of using the gun in this manner appear to be increased rate of fire, and possibly better comfort once the mod was finished. I don't suppose anyone else has thought of this and is working on the write-up now? I'd love to try to it myself, but I wasn't blessed with the modding abilities many of you seem to have (seems I can come up with the ideas, but can't do anything mechanical to save my life... the scars on my fingers from slipped knives prove that). Anyway, it was just an idea I feel has some potential and thought I'd pass it along to those who would be able to pull it off better than I.

I just love the crazy ideas you guys are able to dream up! This site is great!

#2 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Welcome to NerfHaven. Generally we don't make idea or concept threads unless we are already in the process of making that same idea or concept a reality and need the help of others to overcome obstacles. What I'd do if I were you would be to keep this idea for later and get back to it after more modification experience. Remember though, your first modification doesn't have to involve knives or tools, make it simple, get a success and work your way up to using the bigger tools from there.

Edited by Blasphemy, 18 February 2008 - 10:54 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#3 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Pretty ambitious, this really should be in mods if it isn't too bold.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#4 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

My thought was that a recon could be cut and merged with a nitefinder or a disk shot pistol similar to what Arius did, only with the clip on top and feeding downward.

While having the slide on the bottom would technically make it more shotgun-esque, the amount of work to invert the internals to match with opposite mounted NF seems like an overly complicated way of going about it. I'd also personally hate the clip getting in the line of site.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

do anything mechanical to save my life... the scars on my fingers from slipped knives prove that).

Then I guess the dremel is not the right tool for you... :blush:
But I think it is a good idea. I can't use my nerf tools right now because my dad doesn't like nerf. It would be cool if someone did that. But yeah, try not to post a concept thread to often, usually a writeup is better. But this thread is different because it goes into fair detail.

Edited by Bomberman, 19 February 2008 - 12:56 AM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

Also keep in mind that if you do that the slide is still only operating the breech and is not priming the plunger.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 February 2008 - 08:42 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users