Uber Pimpin- My Bbbb & At2k

Ugh...1 problem though

7 replies to this topic

#1 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

I decided I needed a good primary... so at first I chose the LS. It broke of course (2nd one too) so I decided to choose a simple, effective gun. I chose the Big Blast. It worked, but I needed a faster rate of fire, so I added the AT2K. Then... this gun Uber Pimpin was made because it is pimpin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Big Blast is basically CaptainSlug's mod. I used 17/32" brass inside 1/2" PVC. After the mod, the internals kept moving whenever I tried to pump it so I just hot glued all the internals in place.

Now the AT2K. I couldn't use the internals as they were, cause the goo tube was too much room to fit in the BBBB's handle, even when the tube part was removed. So I chopped off the tubing, and super glued 1/4" OD vinyl tubing followed by gorilla glue in there. It seems to hold air fine.

So the Big Blast pumps up like normal, and the trigger is the same. The AT2K works by pumping the pump on the side of the gun, and then pulling on a piece of PVC glued to the trigger pin (I didn't have any keyrings). I also made a speedloader for the 2K since the turret wouldn't glue on straight.

[PROBLEM FIXED]
Now for the problem. The 2K gets ranges around 30-40 feet, I KNOW they're capable of hitting at least 70 because mine did before. I really have little clue whats causing this. In order of my first guess to last: here is what I think is wrong:

-The hole on the air tank is pointing down too much, and when I put the CPVC in the coupler, it shoots most the air not into the dart, but onto the side of the CPVC... picture below
Posted Image
-There's too much dead space between the coupler and air tank... though I really doubt that amount of dead space would have this big of an impact on range.
-The goo tube had a lot of air in it, and now that I cut that off there's less air in it.
-And my biggest fear of what it is, when I pull back on the trigger air is escaping out the back of the air tank (I can sometimes hear a leak when I push the trigger pin to the side).

So if I anyone can help me with that...I will love you.
[/PROBLEM FIXED]

I tested ranges on the BBBB today, the following might have affected range: 40 degrees Fahrenheit, 78% humidity, 500 something feet above sea level, winds from around 10 mph to gusting around 29 mph helping range, 0 degree flat shot.
-112 feet
-lost
-138 feet
-143 feet
-115 feet

Oh yeah... any comments on the rest of my gun too? :D

Edited by tyrant_bb, 17 February 2008 - 10:52 PM.

Palm beach is in florida you dingaling face.

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

The name fits it. It is uber pimpin'.But what I would suggest is trying plugging that hole in the air tank. I don't remember the AT2K's air tank very well. Also, you could try opening up the gun and seeing what the problem is, if you have'nt already. It could be any number of things, so just open it up and take a thorough inspection, and evaluate the problem. When I do that, I usually find a small hole in my seals or something.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

Bomberman: Well if it is an air leak, the reason I really hope that's last is because the gun is glued shut from the LS scope on top & the AT2K air tank. It would be a pain to remove. Even if I did get it open, the AT2K tank is glued in there too. Also when its just sitting there pressurized, there is no leak, just when I move the trigger pin to an odd angle. It still sounds like it normally did...

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

I don't know what's wrong with the 2k, but sometimes on my air guns (especially when I push the trigger forward) air starts escaping... somewhere. Did you only use hot glue to put the coupler on? If you did it might not have a great enough seal.

Nice gun.

Just a word of advice, don't glue guns totally shut, it usually ends up being a pain in the end.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

OfAllTheNerf: Are you talking about the coupler on the Big Blast or the 2K? Well either way the answer is yes it's hot glued on. The If the Big Blast has a leak.. it's minor since it gets ranges between 110-140 feet. Oh and yeah I didn't really want to glue the gun shut... but I had to to keep the 2K and scope on there (Also I need the keep the temptation away to open guns up just to look at them...).

Oh and I think I found the problem with my 2K. It's kind of hard to explain but the dead space is pretty much the entire Big Blast. There's a big hole I drilled for the end of my 2K air tank to come out of, but I never covered it up. The coupler is over it so you cant see it, but some of the air probably hits the dart and the rest comes back into the entire BBBB shell. Well that's just my guess. But heh that'll be pretty easy to fix :D

EDIT: I filled in the dead space on the 2K. Works perfectly now.

Edited by tyrant_bb, 17 February 2008 - 10:51 PM.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thats a really cool mod. Verry clean
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

A good way to test if you have a problem with the air coming out the back of the AT2K is to first pump it up until it's hard to pump (but don't overpump and burst your tank). Put your ear to the gun and listen for a leak. If you don't hear anything pull the pin, load a dart into the barrel, pump it up again and while holding the gun in one hand pull the trigger with your other hand to ensure a fast, strong pull. If you get better ranges by firing this way you have one of two problems: air is leaking out of the back of the air tank and the slow pull is accentuating this, or the trigger system you made (I can't tell from the pics) is not very efficient and the strength in your finger is not enough to pull the pin quickly enough and therefore air is coming out slowly and your dart is not reaching maximum acceleration and therefore muzzle velocity is decreased and your darts don't fly as far. So, pump it up, pull the trigger fast and hard, if your dart flies better, pump it up again, let it sit for a couple minutes (to make sure you don't have a slow leak) and fire it again (by pulling fast and hard) and if you get better than 40' ranges, your problem is the trigger...it's inefficient, come up with a new design. I hope that made sense.

Edited by imaseoulman, 18 February 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#8 Mod Watchamacallit

Mod Watchamacallit

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

Id say its uber pimpin. you better not take that in public! my only suggestion to make it cooler. Spray paint the inside of the pvc pipes black.... look way cooler
lets hope the bad guy gets away.......

----[[-]]------------------[[8]]----[[8]]<----- psp game (+[_].:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users