Photo

Sorry And Explaining

8 replies to this topic

#1 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

Recently people got upset when I was flaming (yes I admit it) the avenger made by ice, but there are some reasons why. (this is more like a guide line for all homemades)
1. Always use pvc cement andprimer and apply them properly.
2. DWV, Cellular core, and ABS pipe and fittings are a no no. Your chamber must be pressure rated.
3. Have a way to measure psi(this does not include number of pumps)
If you have not followed these guidelines you have created a bomb and are a danger to yourself and everyone within a 50 foot radius. Otherwise good job.

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

You know, it would have made a lot more sense to actually put this in the avenger thread, but we'll go with it.

You make good points (glue and fittings were all raised in the thread, by the way), but by not stating your reasons, you just come off as an ass who may or may not know what they're talking about. As it is, there are very few people on these boards who could make a general statement like that. Considering it was your first post, you're not one of them.

Looking forward to your contributions and comments. Oh, and welcome to the Haven.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Thanks by the way has anybody posted a 300 psi copper cannon on here before because I have one in the works :D

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

This is a serious statement and question.

Have you thought of going to SpudFiles?

They make large 200+ psi cannons that could help you.

Also, I have yet to read anything in your posts pertaining to NERF or NERFing...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Yes, you do seem to have some rather basic spud gun foundation knowledge. I know how tight these fundamentals are within the spud gun community however I would have to say that when dealing with low pressures some of these are ok.

Don't forget about the method that spud gunners also believe in; survival of the one with the most common sense.

(I'm assuming you do come from the spudding community...)
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#6 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:03 AM

Well you guys caught me Ive been a user of spudfiles for over a year now :D . But yeah Im building a 300+ psi cannon and and if I bug my dad enough he might buy a 200 psi air compressor .

Edited by veginator, 18 February 2008 - 10:03 AM.

#7 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

Well you guys caught me Ive been a user of spudfiles for over a year now :o . But yeah Im building a 300+ psi cannon and and if I bug my dad enough he might buy a 200 psi air compressor .

Are you planning for it to just be pressure rated up to 300PSI?

Or are you going to actually attempt to build that much pressure? If so, how?

Edited by Kabuki, 19 February 2008 - 05:53 PM.

QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#8 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

My latest gun has all those properties, including a gauge and detachable pump, but I haven't finished it yet. I realize my other guns were unstable, so I'm now trying to deal with it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

No, it will not just be pressure rated to 300psi I plan on going up that high. How you ask, ever heard of a CO2 regulator? :D

@Ice I am glad to see you saw the error in your ways. By the way dont use any more ball valves I tried that once but it didnt work well try to go with a modded sprinkler valve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users