Photo

Glue Stick Tech Target

6 replies to this topic

#1 Icy Rhapsody

Icy Rhapsody

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:37 AM

I did Sandmans glue stick mod cause well... im lazy and i dont have the resources to do any advanced mod right now. I just stuck the glue stick tube in and it shoots fine. But the thing I'm wondering is if I take out the air restrictor will it improve the range and if it will how much.(I cant seem to find my glue gun right now either so i cant seal the gap if i take out the air restrictor) If anyone has done this or has some input feel free to post. Thanks
Run down exploding building. No problem. Step on childs toy. you break leg! - Uncle

#2 Fletch

Fletch

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:59 PM

I did Sandmans glue stick mod cause well... im lazy and i dont have the resources to do any advanced mod right now. I just stuck the glue stick tube in and it shoots fine. But the thing I'm wondering is if I take out the air restrictor will it improve the range and if it will how much.(I cant seem to find my glue gun right now either so i cant seal the gap if i take out the air restrictor) If anyone has done this or has some input feel free to post. Thanks

If you're not planning on doing an advanced mod, you should still open it up and take out the air restrictor, and if you feel like you don't have a good seal use duct/electrical tape, and tape up the holes in the barrel. Oh yeah, don't forget rubber bands.

#3 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:19 PM

yeah, I took out the air restrictor. but I didn't like take out the whole piece. I just punched a hole in the restricting part, but kept the ring on the outside. If you havn't opened the gun up you'll have no idea of what I'm talking about.
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:56 PM

This will restrict alot of air, because for one it has only a few holes to let air through, and two, the prong/stick thing that goes into the dart is tipped in rubber. And that increases friction, slowing the dart down, yes?
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:26 AM

that reminds me of my friend...he calls himself good at modding btw;
his friend asked him to mod his tt, so he went over to mod it.Every mod he's done is a crayola, and he is really crappy at figuring things out.Ill include 1 example-his best gun is a crayola at1k :P and he has a crayola taped onto another crayola as an "accuracy barrel"when all it does iis reduce the air making the shot even crappeir...
so anyways, he brought a crayola over, and he doesnt cut the tip off, and he didnt realise there was an air restrictor eiter...then after struggling, he reported to me the next day at school that "there were too many holes" and asks me to mod the gun since ive brassed a tech target...
Just goes to show how gay my nerfing group is!
Morons With Guns own you.

#6 Icy Rhapsody

Icy Rhapsody

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:43 PM

I see... I'll take out the air restrictor and ill glue it all up to make a good seal. Thanks

Actually i just did it and i didnt see uch of an improvement than before. :P oh well
Run down exploding building. No problem. Step on childs toy. you break leg! - Uncle

#7 Sorax

Sorax

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 01:47 AM

the little things all count...

by improving the air flow (plugging up all the holes) you SHOULD get a tiny bit more range. it may not be noticeable, but with some guns it is quite good (splitfire, in particular)

also, if it is a pump gun, plug up the air release hole in the end of the pumper. just be sure not to pump too much, as my good friend head-shot-guy (named such because he gets shot in the face in every one of our wars ^_^ ) so (un)happily discovered. hairline cracks in the airtank are VERY annoying...as you would imagine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users