Photo

New Dart Guns At Tru

exclusives - Now with internals on page 2!

29 replies to this topic

#1 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

I was at Toys R Us yesterday and saw a couple new blasters in the Air Zone line. I usually think they're pretty lame but I like to pick up new stuff because you just never know for sure.

The first gun I grabbed was the Dual Shot(DS20).

Here are some pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It comes with two dart clips which each hold 10 darts. The darts are a light green foam with a blue rubber tip. They resemble matchstick stefans.

The clips get loaded into slots on the side of the gun. The firing operates similar to a tommy mech 20, with spinning wheels and a pin that pushes the darts out. Holding down the trigger revs up the motors powering the wheels and pumping the shotgun style foregrip advances the clip and pushes the dart forward.

Pros: It's cool in a strange way that I just can't describe. Something about holding down a trigger and pumping the grip gives me a rush. It has a good rate of fire. I think it has some decent modding potential

Cons: Both clips don't advance at the same time. The gun has pressure sensors that can tell which clip is in. If the clip in the top is in, only that clip will advance and fire. Once it's spent, the lower clip will begin to advance. This results in a lower rate of fire than should be possible from this gun, but may be correctible with modding. It also has less than impressive ranges. I also have had issues with the clip jamming on the last dart in the lower slot.

Ranges: 20-30 (these motorized guns are very unpredictable) - slightly better than the TM20.

Price: $24.99
I noticed that it's accuracy was also better than the TM20. I believe this is due to the style of dart the gun uses.

The second gun was the Photon Burst Power Blaster(PBPB). It is a clip-fed pistol (similar to the Recon).

Here are some pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-The clip is not removeable without modification.
-The cocking mechanism automatically advances the clip.
-The clip can hold 8 darts.
-It has a light on the front that functions exactly like a NF, except it's patheticlly weak.
-The clip has built in air restrictors. They are standard 3 prong Nerf style ARs.

Pros: Surprisingly good range for a stock gun. Great rate of fire. Decent ammo capacity.

Cons: Clip is not removeable. Air restrictors in the clip. Light sucks.

Ranges: 35-40

Price: $9.99

I actually like this gun much better than the Recon. It has a higher ammo capacity and better stock ranges. The only advantage the Recon has is the interchangeable clips. An advantage that can (and will) be corrected with modification.

So there you go. I do reccommend the PBPB, but I think the Dual Shot is not worth the price. I will try to get internal pics up whenever I get around to opening these things up. Anyone with any questions can post them here.

Edited by rockfordnerfer, 17 February 2008 - 09:13 PM.

A broken gun just means more parts for the other ones.

#2 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

The top one is a copy of the lanard clip shot fast and furious. Good find!
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

I like that strange off company clip fed pistol, but Im pretty sure that the first gun you reviewed was already talked about, and I also doubt you can get 40 feet out of a stock blaster. Anyway nice find with the second blaster and If I ever find one I will mod it right away! And where does it have a cocking mechanism, or is it electric also?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

I was selling that Clip Shot remake back in early December. These have been on shelves for months now. I never posted because I thought they were already around at other TRUs and mine was just late to the game. TRU periodically rereleases Lanard toys, as well as Ruff Stuff. They also charge more for them.

#5 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

These have been on shelves for months now. I never posted because I thought they were already around at other TRUs and mine was just late to the game.

Says the guy who posted about the month old titan/scout...

-Connor

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

That second gun looks pretty cool. I might pick one up. Can I see the internals please?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

Are the barrels in the clips? It looks like it from here.

#8 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

Can we see some internals for the pistol?
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#9 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

I will try to get internal pics up whenever I get around to opening these things up.

Can I see the internals please?

-Connor

#10 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

I don't like the top gun so much but I really like the pistol. Good find them.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#11 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Those are pretty sweet, I am going to have to head over to Tru some time to check them out.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#12 Slice

Slice

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Does the gun on the top make a lot of nosie from the motor.
The pistol looks awsome.
Huh, Huh, Huh. Your FUNNY.

#13 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

scumbag, the Titan set was found in CANADA, that, in case you didn't know is Not in the U.S. CaptainCC found the Titan set, IN the U.S.

#14 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

To answer some questions:

Oni: Stock micros do not fit. Modified micros would fit. I will try a bit later to cut down some micros and see how they do. I took a picture to show how they stick out:

Posted Image

The darts in the picture are stock nerf micro, stock buzz bee micro, a streamline, and a tagger dart.

Slice: Yes, LOTS

Thom: Yes, they are in the gun.

rokor: the cocking mechanism is in the same place it is on the maverick and the recon. it is the black and orange piece with the silver dots. I'll try to get a video of it shooting, but we have rain and snow here right now so it will be a while.

I will get internal pics up once I get around to opening the gun.

EDIT: I just tried some cut down tagger darts with the velcro removed(from an older project) and noticed at 10-15 ft drop in range.

Edited by rockfordnerfer, 17 February 2008 - 05:04 PM.

#15 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

I may be calling my closest TRU tomorrow to see if they have these in stock and justify the 45 minute drive. That pistol show much potential. And thank god it's not a wad of beehive lumps like all the other off-market guns.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

#16 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

Yeah, I've seen them since Dec.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#17 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, I've seen them since '07.

And just to let everyone know Recons, LS's (more anyways), the two guns here, the BBBB and single-tek pack, Blue Hornet, Just toys Crossbow (or whatever) are on the East coast.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#18 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

Internal pics:

The whole thing
Posted Image

Plunger and cocking mechanism
Posted Image

A close up of the clip advancing mechanism
Posted Image

Some pics of the clip.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

I'm a little pissed. I was AT my local TRU today, and had I seen that black and green pistol, I would have bought one. I went up and down every aisle, but never saw either of those. I did see an air pump missile gun in the "Spy Gear" section, but I didn't buy it. Dash it all anyway!

Edited by Kabuki, 18 February 2008 - 03:00 PM.

QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#20 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

IMHO that plunger setup looks rather flimsy... might just be the pictures.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#21 rockfordnerfer

rockfordnerfer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

IMHO that plunger setup looks rather flimsy... might just be the pictures.

Th plunger wall is somewhat thin, compared to a nitefinder. But it is secured very well to the shell. I will update if I have any issues with it.

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

I will try to get internal pics up whenever I get around to opening these things up.

Can I see the internals please?

If you have nothing useful to add to your own fucking posts, than I can only assume you have nothing left to add to our community.

#23 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

The top one is a copy of the lanard clip shot fast and furious. Good find!

i thought those were both the same company... its made with the same molds and has the same stickers... i looked at it at my meijers.

#24 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'm afraid that the first dart blaster is too similar to the Tommy 20 to be really worth modding. It is a nightmare to get two modded motors to spin in synch enough to fire darts correctly.
As for the pistol, though... I might get one. It costs a lot less than the Recon.
I'm willing to bet that you can cut a bit out the shell so that you can fire taggers and other stock nerf darts out of that thing.
The holes that the air goes through in the clip are laughably small. Removing that mess would be the first thing I'd do.
One question: Where is the spring? I do not see it in the pictures of the internals.

Edited by BendyStraw, 18 February 2008 - 02:41 PM.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#25 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

Where are you located? I checked around and couldn't find the PBPB anywhere. I'm presuming you're far away and it hasn't yet leaked to MN, but if I'm wrong I'll have to check for deals on the internet. : o'
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users