Crossbow On American Gladiator

American Nerfer???

7 replies to this topic

#1 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

I found this while searching around on Google for the Vulcan.

http://biz.yahoo.com...05229.html?.v=1

The interesting thing:

While navigating the 'Assault' course contenders must avoid getting pelted by balls launched at them from a Gladiator wielding a NERF blaster. The 'Assault' course features counter-strike weaponry including NERF branded air cannons and cross bows.

It said crossbow! They are going to use crossbows on American Gladiator. My question is, where would they get them? They could be those little off-brand orange crossbows, but they said "NERF branded", so I'm a little confused.

Discuss.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#2 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

The sad answer is that the things on american gladiator are not consumer-availible nerf products. In fact, the only things you'll recognize as nerf are the logos and the titan missle. everything else is custom made for the show, and resemble large pneumatic homemades.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

I think I saw an eppisode where its just some gun that has been created by nerf only for the show. And if it was a Crossbow it would be spelt Crossbow, not cross bow.

EDIT: ZaphodB beat me to it.

Edited by rokor, 16 February 2008 - 05:18 PM.

"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

It isn't a Nerf Crossbow, its basically just a air powered cannon shaped like a crossbow that shoots Titan Missiles. I've only seen one person get to it, and actually use it. They seem to have trouble fitting the Titan Missile onto the barrel.

Go on you tube and watch some Assault rounds, you may see some people get to it.

Edit: Everyone beat me to it...

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 16 February 2008 - 05:23 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

Yah, most of the stuff that they use on that show is made for the show. In one episode they used a Nerf cannon that shot Nerf footballs but of course that will never be released to the public.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

Sounds like a fun spud gun, though. Y'know, if your local nerfers allow ARTILLERY PIECES at war. ^_^

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

No, stop pulling rumors out of your ass. The old version used the BnA, thats what they meant.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

No, stop pulling rumors out of your ass. The old version used the BnA, thats what they meant.

What are you talking about??? The new show had "Cross bows" on it! They had fake bow arms and shot titan missles. The anouncers called it a cross bow too! Also notice the space between cross and bow.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users