What's your's

37 replies to this topic

#26 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Here's the problem with any I.Q. test that you take after the age of 10. After this point in your life (for some people, this following event occurs before or after the age of 10, but 10 is the average), your mind develops logical reasoning through experiences and time. These experiences may be minute compared to someone older, but they are enough to skew the test. There is no way to accurately guage your I.Q. once you have developed cognitive reasoning. Any website that says that they can calculate your I.Q. at any age past 10 is bullshit. An I.Q. test is traditionally administered to a child at an early age, before you normally could just "logic" out a problem. An I.Q. test also doesn't consist of the types of questions that are on this as well as many other websites, but of problems that test your cognitive reasoning skills. If you are ever interested in joining the military, the 3D models section of the ASVAB as well as the coding and visualization sections are good examples of what is on an I.Q. test. My mother gave myself and both of my brothers the test when we were 7 years old. That is actually the prime age to give the test.

I'm not going to boast my results, only that my parents were smart enough to not tell us our I.Q.'s until we graduated high school so as to not have it influence or affect our lives.

I have met several people that were members of Mensa and every one of them was extremely intelligent as well as extremely lacking in common sense. Most of them knew their score shortly after they took the test and their parents treated them differently, pushing them to broaden their horizons and to take advantage of this score. They missed out on social interactons and experiences that would have nurtured the common sense that they would need to function better in society. My parents spared me that burden and structured life. As a result, I am intelligent and resourceful, relying on both my intellect and my common sense. I thank them for that. Just because I had a high score, I still graduated from H.S. pretty close to the bottom of the class roster, mostly due to the fact that I saw no use in applying myself to courses that served no purpose in my life. That was my choice. This is also to point out that just because your I.Q. is high, doesn't mean you will always have good grades and will succeed in life. You still need to apply yourself.

Now would everyone stop taking the bullshit I.Q. tests and just be happy with the way you are.

Edited by badger, 19 February 2008 - 10:39 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#27 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Badger- I'm happy I got 300 points.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#28 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

Badger- I'm happy I got 300 points.

WOW!! You got higher than anyone ever!!!

Wait a minute, you must have misread the score. There most likely was a decimal point between the 3 and the zeroes.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#29 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

Oh yeah sorry, it was 3000.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#30 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

over 9000?

#31 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Are we measuring IQ with Dragon Ball Z power meters?

#32 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:57 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by DarkInfection, 20 February 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#33 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Riptide, that's not surprising. That's about the toughest logic puzzle I've ever faced.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#34 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

well, here, lemme walk you through how I got to that conclusion.

* There are 5 houses in 5 different colors
* In each house lives a person with a different nationality
* These 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet
* No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Here's the question: Who owns the fish?

4. The green house is on the left of the white house
8. The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water

It is never specified that the houses are in a row, or even anywhere near each other. It seems natural to assume they are in a row, but all of the clues would also work if the houses were in an X formation. Even if they are in a row, which end is the "first" end? Also, it is inferable but not directly stated that the "persons of different nationality" in the 5 houses are the owners of the houses. As for 15, unless we're talking about some bizarre settlement with only 5 houses, there are bound to be more neighbors- besides, since we've already established that the houses aren't stated to be in a row, neighbor could mean front, back, or across the street. Furthermore, it was never specified that the 5 people we're talking about were men, so all of the clues directing you to "the man who drinks/smokes/owns X" could theoretically be referring to a male neighbor besides the five mentioned who also happens to use said product/ own said pet.

Edited by Green Riptide, 20 February 2008 - 06:36 PM.

#35 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

That puzzle is like some hard ass Sudoku. :lol:

I still don't understand how you got the German.

Yeah, I did assume that the houses were in a row but I did that only to organize my facts better. Didn't work though.

Edited by CAPS, 20 February 2008 - 07:59 PM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#36 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

Are we measuring IQ with Dragon Ball Z power meters?

No, we're not, but if we were I can assure you that mine would be OVER 9000!!!

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#37 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

Here's the problem with any I.Q. test that you take after the age of 10. After this point in your life (for some people, this following event occurs before or after the age of 10, but 10 is the average), your mind develops logical reasoning through experiences and time. These experiences may be minute compared to someone older, but they are enough to skew the test. There is no way to accurately guage your I.Q. once you have developed cognitive reasoning. Any website that says that they can calculate your I.Q. at any age past 10 is bullshit. An I.Q. test is traditionally administered to a child at an early age, before you normally could just "logic" out a problem. An I.Q. test also doesn't consist of the types of questions that are on this as well as many other websites, but of problems that test your cognitive reasoning skills.

Please cite this.

I'm not going to boast my results, only that my parents were smart enough to not tell us our I.Q.'s until we graduated high school so as to not have it influence or affect our lives.

Wow, saying that you won't say your results because it would be too much "boasting" is worse than actually saying your score and being humble about it...

If you're as much of a genius as you say you are, why would it be bad to influence your life as such?

#38 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Seriously people, ask yourselves this question...who cares?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users