Absolver- Titan Modification

33 replies to this topic

#26 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

What ever...
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

I think Ice meant he glued the CPVC together with the solvent, then to the other PVC pieces.

Nice writeup, I'd do this but I hate the ROF, blehhh.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#28 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

my gun

Thanks again for inspiring me.

Man Link, you've only got 3 hearts, you haven't been playing the game long enough. Also, editing. Seriously.

Regardless, nice mods both of you.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

#29 mod master

mod master

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

I just did this mod but there was no way I could fit 7 barrels in there, way to tight. So, I just decided to take 4 barrels and surround them with duct tape, and it worked fine. Has anyone else had problems with this?

#30 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

This topic is months old, and if you had just bothered to read all the way through, your question actually was answered directly.

If anybody ever gave you that "there are no dumb questions" bullshit, they were lying to you. Any question that's already been clearly and unmistakably answered, right in the same context, is a dumb question.

I don't know if an admin is going to come along and admonish you for the necroposting (I'm sure they all have better things to do), but it would certainly be best to let this topic fade back into obscurity.

If it were up to me, which clearly it isn't (and that's probably a good thing) you would have that userID taken away, for asking a truly dumb question about a mod.

He posted an addition to an old topic. I don't see any reason with it being wrong.

If you can't fit 7 barrels, you could try getting some PETG from One man clan. It has a smaller Outside Diameter, but a looser fit.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#31 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

Please refrain from cluttering my topics with backseat moderation and insults. They take up more space than the actual question does. Plus, I don't have a problem with answering it again, although if the question could be asked in a PM from now on, I'd appreciate it.

You MUST use CPVC for the barrels in this modification. You MUST use a 1 1/4 adapter fitting for the cpvc to fit. You MUST use Lowe's fittings and CPVC to ensure that you will have it fit.
If you cannot do these things, find a fitting that works for what you want to do, and jam as many thinwalled cpvc barrels into it as you can. If you can fit in seven, that's great. If you can't stick four of five in. A lot of this will be individual experimentation because of the wide variety of materials on the market.

If all else fails, try PETG. It has very thin wall and will likely be best if you only have PVC.

To Nerfhaven posters: If this topic is necroed again, please do not add fuel to the fire by flaming the poster. I can deal with their question and life can go on. Thanks.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#32 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

I did this mod a while back and it has been a complete success. It's the only shotgun like nerf gun I own, and I love it.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#33 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

Do you ever have any problems with some of the darts not firing?

For all my shotgun titans, I use one long 1/2' steel barrel and load 6 darts down the barrel. I get a consistant spread with ranges above 60' (I've gotten 80' before, but of course it was angled) I use stock darts, too, btw.

Take a look at the Double Titan in my sig (or the Titan in the Brothers Grimm - also in my sig.), and you'll see what I'm taking about.

Great mod and awesome first post. (even though my praise is a little late)

Probably dead by now, or something.

#34 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Nope, the titan fires all barrels at the same time, with great spread, and I have never had a dart stick in a barrel yet after about 100 shots. Just make sure that you pump it all the way. You do not need to plug the pump for this to work.
Thanks for the props everyone, I'm glad that this has helped people do great things with their titans.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users