Pcno

Presbyterian College Nerf Out

18 replies to this topic

#1 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

After months of planning and preparing, we finally have a result!

PCNO!!!

Date: April 12th

Time: 10:00 AM-5:00 PM

Information:

We are the Foam Warriors of Presbyterian College, or FWPC. We are a Registered Student Organization at Presbyterian College, a small Liberal Arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). We've got around 30 members of our own clan and would like to see how we stack up against other folks both within the NIC and at other Colleges/Universities.

Several Southeastern Colleges and Universities are being invited and we have no idea who is going to show up. We would love to have some representatives from the NIC to come and show us where we stand.

Unfortunately, we cannot extend an invitation to people who are under 18 years old for liability reasons. I tried to get around this, but "the powers that be" were adamant on this point.

Eye Protection will be mandatory, no exceptions. We will have some extras on hand, but we'd rather not have to use them. Sunglasses and eyeglasses are plenty of protection.

There will be injury waiver forms to sign upon your arrival. This is basically just the College covering its own ass. They don't know you, and they want to be careful.

There are a number of local restaurants for lunch. As well as a number of local hotels for those who might spend the night. It is, after all, a college town. If you are interested in spending the night, PM me and I'll see what I can work out.

Also, there is a possibility of a post-war movie night to get a first look at any video footage and pictures that are taken throughout the day.

Questions? Comments? Traumas?

Edited by Cmdrmack, 22 March 2008 - 10:57 AM.

QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Aside from eye protection, what's the situation with Modding and other safety rules. What rules do you guys use in your wars?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

No singled Titans. No guns with a realistic looking paintjob.

Otherwise, things will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. If you're not sure, bring a spare. Not everyone is as tough as RAMBO, and we want this event to be fun, not painful. Homemades will fall under the same policy.

Otherwise, we're pretty relaxed.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#4 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Count me in.

Everyone,

If you want to come to a war where the people are great and you are garanteed to have a great time.... come to PCNO.

Edited by Zaxbys, 16 February 2008 - 07:40 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#5 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

I apologise ahead of time for the double post.

I am bumping this topic to allow fresh eyes to see the war going on in Clinton, SC next weekend. Please post if you might want to attend.
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

I'll be attending, been looking forward to it for some time now.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

Groove, and anyone else who's interested, PM me for food/lodging information.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Think I'll be turning this into a day trip, I can't afford an overnight venture this weekend and ECNO the following weekend. Not to mention that and a couple thousand miles worth of gas.

-Groove

#9 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so we're rescheduling the war for either April 12th or 19th.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the update. Got the Facebook message about it, too. Let me know when you decide on a date, either one works for me at this point.

-Groove

#11 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

The 12th is the only day that would work for me of those 2. So hopefully you can schedule it for that date. I will now have time to mount my SMDTG ontop of my xbow!

Edited by Zaxbys, 14 March 2008 - 02:43 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#12 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

The 12th is the only day that would work for me of those 2. So hopefully you can schedule it for that date. I will now have time to mount my SMDTG ontop of my xbow!

This sounds like itd be a lot of fun. Im a student at Liberty and I have a small arsenal and a couple friends that have little shootouts on our dorm and if I can get a hold of them maybe we can bring a group down.

#13 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

We'd love to have you! Also, I updated the first post with a date. Other than that we'd love to have as many folks as possible.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#14 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

We'd love to have you! Also, I updated the first post with a date. Other than that we'd love to have as many folks as possible.

I cant guarantee we'll be able to make it down but if we can I look forward to it.

Im hoping to have a nerf war at one of the parks here in town before classes get rolling next semester. Its big and there would be plenty of opportunity for some shootouts in some of the picnic shelters.

#15 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

I can make the 12th. Still uncertain on whether or not this will be a day trip for me, but we'll see. At any rate, really looking forward to this one. How many participants are we estimating, here? 20-30?

-Groove

#16 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

Honestly I have no idea ath this point on participants. My clan will probably field about 10-15 participants and I'm in communication with other schools but we haven't gotten numbers or anything back yet.

Worst case scenario we have my group, Groove, and Zaxbys. That's enough to have a good war.

Ideally we get people from Appalachian State University, UGA, UNC-G, Clemson, Wofford, Roanoke, and Belmont Abbey. Those are the connections I've made that are possibilities.

So it could be ten, it could be forty, or anywhere in between.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#17 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Looks like we're looking at some nice temperatures on Saturday with a 30% chance of precipitation. I'm pretty stoked. Even if it does sprinkle, a little rain never killed anyone, right? (famous last words).

-Groove

#18 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

I'm talking to some folks about possibly reserving the basketball court in the stuend center in case it rains, we'd need some mobstacles though.

Or we could just do the no-cover thing...that could be fun.

We'll play it by hearing aid.

I'm really excited about this war, it's not going to have a huge number of colleges represented, but it'll still be a very fun war.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#19 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Just made my 6 hour playlist on my iPod for the drive up, and I'm packed and ready to go.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to drink a superfluous amount of Nyquil so that I may go to bed now and be prepared to wake up at 4:30 for my journey. See you schmucks tomorrow.

-Groove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users