Crap talk and speculation galore until the release date

740 replies to this topic

#726 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

You should make a new thread for the AR removal, (even just the belts). Once you get that, you will be the first person to mod a vulcan I believe. Good work!
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 22 July 2008 - 02:53 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#727 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

The only thing stopping me from getting a Vulcan today is not knowing whether it has an inverse plunger or not. I'm not interested in a motorized recon.

Edited by oodalumps, 22 July 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#728 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

What state are you in G-Force?

#729 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

What state are you in G-Force?

Visiting colorado.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#730 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

The only thing stopping me from getting a Vulcan today is not knowing whether it has an inverse plunger or not. I'm not interested in a motorized recon.

Very good point.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#731 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

Wow! I go on vacation and come back to this! It's like Christmas or something, Vulcans everywhere!

Anyway, I don't think an inverted plunger will be a problem. They use that plunger design to save space and make the gun smaller. With a gun as large as the Vulcan, there should be plenty of room for a good old regular plunger. With lotsa power. Besides, with stock longshot ranges, this gun should have plenty of potential.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#732 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Wow! I go on vacation and come back to this! It's like Christmas or something, Vulcans everywhere!

Anyway, I don't think an inverted plunger will be a problem. They use that plunger design to save space and make the gun smaller. With a gun as large as the Vulcan, there should be plenty of room for a good old regular plunger. With lotsa power. Besides, with stock longshot ranges, this gun should have plenty of potential.

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. This could easily have an inverted plunger. It would be much easier for them to make a motor-driven plunger if it were inverted. I'm not trying to speculate, I'm just trying to point out that the reason for an inverted plunger could be other than just a space-saver.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#733 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

Seems like a good-news day for me, all around. At least so far.

Then, first thing this morning, I get an email from Hasbro with a FedEx tracking number for my Vulcans. :lol:

By the way, I placed my order Saturday evening, within an hour or two of the hasbrotoyshop.com vulcan line items changing from "coming soon" to available, so don't be jealous, if yours has not shipped, unless you were as quick. Yes, I will take one apart and I will post photos if there aren't enough already by then. I also plan to conduct measured range tests in the parking lot, after the mandatory ogling and inspecting by co-workers. No point modding it until a proper baseline has been established. We're engineers here, after all! Rumor has it the boss has authorized a vulcan purchase for the department armory, but this shipment (ETA Wednesday) is all mine!

I don't see an inverted plunger design as actually saving space either. I will ponder the concept for a while, but I just don't see how. Swept volume is always a function of diameter and stroke, and neither is different after inversion. Only static volume is dramatically increased. I kind of like them because they're so easy to improve. With the Maverick, for example - insert a drinking straw the right size to conform to the oval outlet, center the other end with a washer-like disc, and either glue the heck out of both ends, or (my preference) fill the void with foam. I have not opened my Recon yet (maybe today's the day), but I don't expect it to be more dificult.

That's funny.. I ordered mine on Tuesday and got it today at noon, with standard shipping..
Teehee.

#734 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. This could easily have an inverted plunger. It would be much easier for them to make a motor-driven plunger if it were inverted. I'm not trying to speculate, I'm just trying to point out that the reason for an inverted plunger could be other than just a space-saver.

Did you look in the thread where someone posted the internals? I saw it after I posted my comment, but the guy said it was a normal plunger. So it's all good.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#735 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

blah!

Yep. I was relieved to see the normal plunger. I am also relieved to end the speculation (for the most part).
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#736 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Vulcan refill-packs (belt+darts) are available at the Hasbro Toyshop.

http://www.hasbrotoy...BR=582&ID=22574

Edited by smeagolsaur, 06 August 2008 - 11:10 PM.

#737 argonor1

argonor1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

This is just a Magstrike with a chain. The only difference is the BELT is electronically fed. If the firing mech was battery powered, it wouldn't be full auto, it would be Semi.

Yeah, this is only a magstrike with a chain, collapsible tripod, 15 more bullets, ability to go single shot, detachable ammo box, top handle, shoulder strap, folding sight, and 2 more tactical rails, I mean, whats the difference

#738 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:47 AM

it sounds cool huh....well i bought it....but alls i can say is it breaks easier then any other nerf gun....but it shoots good sooo
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#739 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:28 AM

it sounds cool huh....well i bought it....but alls i can say is it breaks easier then any other nerf gun....but it shoots good sooo

You are retarded. As are most people with the word "eat shit" in their username. Search for M14, he was just like you.

#740 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

silentsnipe: Please don't revive old topics, especially ones that are clearly obsolete. Also, capitalization is your friend.

Blue: How exactly did that help?

#741 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

50 pages on this piece of shit is 49 and 3/4 too many. We're done here. It's out, go get one.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users