The Vulcan

Crap talk and speculation galore until the release date

740 replies to this topic

#701 AznTrix

AznTrix

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

Woot! Now hopefully someone will post internals, ranges and the like. Time to wait for at least 2 - 3 days for the info.

#702 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:07 AM

More news on the gun from my friend Jamie.

Yes, the tripod is removable. No, the belts can't be linked together, though you could sew them together if you really want to.

It's not "terribly loud" but that's pretty subjective. It isn't as loud as flywheel guns. It's "lighter than you'd expect," so it shouldn't be a monster in the weight department.

The only word I've been able to get on ranges is that it shoots 'across the house' which sounds like at least 30 feet to me, better than the unmodded Longshot.
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#703 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

Yes, the tripod is removable. No, the belts can't be linked together, though you could sew them together if you really want to.

Ha, This will be the first time I will need to add sewing to my repertoire of modding skills.

Thanks for the heads up Anima.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#704 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:40 AM

I know what I will be buying this friday.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#705 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

This is fantastic. Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get. This thing has quadruple the ammo and gets better range? Sick, just sick.

#706 Piroko

Piroko

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get.

Uh....

What? The recon maybe (being as it has the same advantages of the LS (fast change clips) without the glaringly obvious pitfalls). But you'll still get better range performance out of a blue Maverick then a stock LS. Out of box, the LS is like the Firefly; big, kinda cool looking, but generally disappointing when it comes to putting foam downrange.

If you're going to carry two things into battle, out of box... you want a Recon and clips for the reload rate, and a long range muzzle loader (first gen blue NF for example) for firing old-style darts used by your enemies.

Edited by Piroko, 21 July 2008 - 01:38 PM.

#707 AznTrix

AznTrix

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Has anyone ordered the gun yet? Or is everyone waiting for some brave soul to try it out before considering it? Hopefully that brave soul can get us the internals and such. Can't wait for said terrible beastie to be on the shelves in Canada.

#708 Largo

Largo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

Personally, I'm psyched for this! I mainly buy Nerf guns so me and my friends and have small wars, or just to mess around with them (Imagination is not dead in Teenagers!). I will probably but it the day it comes out.

#709 Morally Challenged

Morally Challenged

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:15 PM

HasbroToyShop.com just sent me an ad for this, thought that some of you would be interested.

This is the ad Free Shipping - introducing New Toys and Games

Edited by Morally Challenged, 21 July 2008 - 06:18 PM.

NIGHT

MY KITTEN WALKS ON VELVET FEET
AND MAKES NO SOUND AT ALL;
AND IN THE DOORWAY NIGHTLY SITS
TO WATCH THE DARKNESS FALL
I THINK HE LOVES THE LADY, NIGHT
AND FEELS AKIN TO HER
WHOSE FOOTSTEPS ARE AS STILL AS HIS,
WHOSE TOUCH IS AS SOFT AS FUR

LOIS WEAKLY McKay

#710 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

Thats it... im takin the plunge on the value pack. :blink: So any cautious people out there should wait for my review.

#711 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

Am I the only one to notice on the green area labled "SUPER VALUE!" it says:

"Value Includes:
- 25 darts
- ammo belt
-shoulder strap"

and in the picture it has a an ammo belt and a double-ended hook-thing? This explains how in the pictures the kid had the belts around him "Rambo-style". And I hate to speculate, but this also means that this could be used to attach to things like straps, belt loops, or even possibly another ammo belt.

EDIT: The main picture of the gun also includes the double-ended hook-thing.

Edited by Salmon, 21 July 2008 - 06:29 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#712 kevinericon

kevinericon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

-shoulder strap

and in the picture it has a an ammo belt and a double-ended hook-thing?

The main picture of the gun also includes the double-ended hook-thing.

"Double-ended hook-thing" IS the shoulder strap, and shoulder strap is for the gun. How the kid put the ammo belt around him has nothing to do with the shoulder strap (or double-ended hook-thing if you must call it that).

#713 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

Am I the only one to notice on the green area labled "SUPER VALUE!" it says:

"Value Includes:
- 25 darts
- ammo belt
-shoulder strap"

Has been mentioned plenty of times.

I also will be taking the plunge. I didn't think it was in stock ANYWHERE, especially online. I hope First gen rocks second gens socks off. :blink:

Edit: WTF. No refill belts. Had to go in for LS Clip value pack. Woe is me.

Double Edit: Hopefully this will motivate me to finish my 2 other major mods. Maybe even get in my two smaller ones that were put off to the side! And I hope I can have this monster ready for Apoc!!!!!!!!!!

Triple edit: Yeah, if I have it I'll bring it to Apoc, but arrival date is the first to the sixth, and the war is the second. There will be no overnight modding. :D

Edited by Splitlip, 21 July 2008 - 07:38 PM.

Teehee.

#714 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get.

Uh....

What? The recon maybe (being as it has the same advantages of the LS (fast change clips) without the glaringly obvious pitfalls). But you'll still get better range performance out of a blue Maverick then a stock LS. Out of box, the LS is like the Firefly; big, kinda cool looking, but generally disappointing when it comes to putting foam downrange.

If you're going to carry two things into battle, out of box... you want a Recon and clips for the reload rate, and a long range muzzle loader (first gen blue NF for example) for firing old-style darts used by your enemies.

I just did some range tests. My hallway is 29 feet long. From one end to the other, my longshot fired 6 shots which hit the door at the other end roughly in the middle and with some force. My recon hit the bottom of the same door, and my maverick got roughly 20 feet. As such, in terms of stock primaries, I can say with a degree of certainty that the longshot is the most effective, at least when the magstrike and RF20 are not taken into account. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me.

Back to my original point, a stock longshot can make 30-40 feet on average. The vulcan, at least from Anima's estimates, can shoot at least 30, and at a higher rate of fire and with a far greater ammo capacity. The only weakness of the vulcan appears to be reloading, and even then, that is ameliorated by the belt system. Sounds to me like the vulcan is going to be the new stock primary to beat.

#715 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Man, don't I wish I had $40 to spend now. :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#716 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

I'm so getting it and adding spinning barrels to make more like it's name sake, the vulcan cannon(i plan on rigging them up to spin by connecting something to the part that advances the ammo belt if that's some kind of moter which I imagine that'd be how they do it)

#717 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

I'm so getting it and adding spinning barrels to make more like it's name sake, the vulcan cannon(i plan on rigging them up to spin by connecting something to the part that advances the ammo belt if that's some kind of moter which I imagine that'd be how they do it)

That's a pretty good idea actually. Ridiculously useless but a very awesome thought.. Mind if I borrow it? I might have a way to make it practical while still looking awesome, depending on how the gun functions.
Teehee.

#718 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

That's a pretty good idea actually. Ridiculously useless but a very awesome thought.. Mind if I borrow it? I might have a way to make it practical while still looking awesome, depending on how the gun functions.

Hello everyone I am posting what I think the first constructive post in awhile. And that is.......... The vulcan is in stores!! I bought mine for $40 at wall mart today
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#719 AznTrix

AznTrix

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

Maybe you G-Force can be the first one to get the internals/exact ranges etc. that everyone else is longing for? That would be great :)

#720 MrDelish

MrDelish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

My walmart still hasn't gotten any yet.

#721 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Maybe you G-Force can be the first one to get the internals/exact ranges etc. that everyone else is longing for? That would be great :)

Well it shot aprox stock longshot ranges and I have discovered that much of the front is useless hollow plastic . (from the charging handle to the tip of the barrel. I think I will modify it now. I will post internal pictures when I am done. And pictures of the finished product.

Chubbs

#722 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Well it shot aprox stock longshot ranges and I have discovered that much of the front is useless hollow plastic . (from the charging handle to the tip of the barrel. I think I will modify it now. I will post internal pictures when I am done. And pictures of the finished product.

Just like I thought... I eagerly await the pics. :D
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#723 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

You are going to start a new thread right?

-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#724 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

So, if it's ranges are very short, can you fire off like one belt, and acually measure the range? And when you say stock Longshot ranges, are you talking about single fire mode, or rapid fire mod?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#725 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

You are going to start a new thread right?

-A side of nerf

I dont know but i just finished some minor mods. (minimizeation, ar removal in the belt) There is still another ar in the gun but i can't Get that one because i have lost my small screwdriver.

Chubbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users