The Vulcan

Crap talk and speculation galore until the release date

740 replies to this topic

#526 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

Forsaken, I will mail you $20 if you can get the Vulcan to go over 100 feet.

Is he allowed to use a catapult?

Haha. That brought a couple images to my head. On a more serious topic, this gun is going to send a lot of noobs
the NH/NHQ way. I just hope something good comes out of that at least.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#527 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

On a more serious topic, this gun is going to send a lot of noobs

The mods will have fun banning half of them. :P

#528 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

On a more serious topic, this gun is going to send a lot of noobs

The mods will have fun banning half of them. :P

I bet we'll get tons of people coming on here saying stuff like "lol how doo u mod da vulcnanh wtf" and "i broked mah vulcan canu hapl me ficks ittt?!??!!" And then the mods and admins will really have their hands full.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#529 coolguy903

coolguy903

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I beat that some nOOb is going to be like, "i putteded my voclon in my pool adn it borokeded, how do i fix it"

#530 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Ok guys, let's stop talking about the future influx of new members once the Vulcan comes out. They will be dealt with accordingly. Back on topic, and do post only if you have new info about the Vulcan.

~ompa

#531 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ok guys, let's stop talking about the future influx of new members once the Vulcan comes out. They will be dealt with accordingly. Back on topic, and do post only if you have new info about the Vulcan.

~ompa

Not to correct an ambassador, but isn't this thread for the speculation? Kinda like a SARS quarantine? Oh well, I guess you have the final say.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#532 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

It was for speculation. Then the speculation got so rampant, and so extensive, that people just kept reiterating what was already said. Hence the discussion a little later in the thread about how the thread should just die unless new information is present. Normally threads like this end up like this; people speculate so much it just gets ridiculous and repetitive.

We don't do quarantines, we just kill all those who are problematic. That is the way of NH. Don't be a problem, you won't be suspended.

In short, yes, the thread was for speculation. But that was the first 30-odd pages of the topic. Now any further speculation is just ridiculous, because it's almost guaranteed that it has already been said.

~ompa

#533 Noob Modder

Noob Modder

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Well, i did research too, on multiple sights. and this were some facts that i found
1. without batteries, it's basically a big-ass rifle, with one-shot bolt-action. if you look for pictures of it here, there's what looks like a longshot-esque bolt on the side.
2. it would need the batteries to advance the belt, it won't be able to use mechanics to do that. do you know how long it would take for nerf to make a full-auto belt-advancing system without batteries? it's probably a motor that is spinning constantly (unless you turn it off) and connects with the belt only when you pull the trigger, thus advancing the belt and firing. once you release the trigger, the motor-belt connection won't work.
3. captain slug: when you said "sounds heavy and awkward to me" my response is as follows: grow some cojones and go rambo-style with it!\ :P
4. it has a tripod, and it's probably a bit heavy, but that never stopped the spec ops b4, did it? :D
5. yes, when thinking about it, it seems a wee bit like the MT20.
6. the MT20 is an off-brand.
7. nerf guns not from 'nerf' or 'larami' suck.
8. have you ever known nerf to fail us? "have faith in thy guns. unless they're off-brands"
9. as with 'captain,' i nerf indoors. thus, i do small mods, not more than ar removal, plugging holes, cosmetics, etc. nothing drastic. in my house, the farthest distance a nerf dart will have to fly accurately is about 30 ft, which slightly modded nerf guns can easily manage. so i wont be doing much mods to this beast. it scares me.
10. does anyone know if the tripod is removable?? because it would suck to go to pick it up and have the tripod in your way all the time. :(

i have complete faith in the nerfhaven community to post write-ups of any mods (easy and hard) to this gun when it comes out in fall '08. :ph34r:
have a nice day
--DMQ
"i gots da good grammers"
"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming!"
"mr. macho super-hero serial killer lemur-bear."
i am ninja-pwner

#534 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

1. to 9. [stuff]
10. does anyone know if the tripod is removable?? because it would suck to go to pick it up and have the tripod in your way all the time. :P

i have complete faith in the nerfhaven community to post write-ups of any mods (easy and hard) to this gun when it comes out in fall '08. :ph34r:
have a nice day

1. to 9. I could respond to most of these with a flame, but I'll resist the temptation.
10. Yes, it's removable, see the picture in Post #197 in this very thread.

Hope you have a flame-free day!

PS: You may want to consider use of the shift button.

Edited by jwasko, 17 April 2008 - 09:19 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#535 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

4. it has a tripod, and it's probably a bit heavy, but that never stopped the spec ops b4[i][b], did it? :ph34r:

Woah! Spec Ops B4 must be a secret organization of the sort I have never heard of.

...or maybe you were too lazy to type "before"...dang...
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#536 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Why is this thread still on the active topics page? Do I have to ban the next person who posts here? I think I will.
I hate you.

#537 Vaccaro104

Vaccaro104

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hey Guys, this is my first and most likely last post here, so here goes... YO THAT VULCAN LOOKS SIK YO! EVEN THO IT NEEDS LIEK 6 D BATTERYS ITLL STILL LOOK ILL WEN U CARRY IT AROUND LIEK RAMBO STYEL! PEACE OUT YO!

#538 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

Excuse me, but there is only one thing for me to say:

...wow.

Edited by Ubermensch, 09 May 2008 - 05:41 AM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#539 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

Back on topic.

The only weapon i see some resemblance in would probably be the Breda.
Posted Image

Also, a question: can the belts be connected?
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#540 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

Messiah - Is you can sew, then yes. You should be able to cut off the cloth connecting the last shell to the end piece thing on 2 belts, and then sew them together.

On the huge pictures, it does look like the belts are connected by cloth.

OMC please don't ban me. I was just answering a question.

-Kanashimi

P.s. To superman, I feel the same way.

#541 Vaccaro104

Vaccaro104

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

Oh wow guys, I am really sorry about that post. That must have been my brother who got on my account when I left the computer on. Im really sorry about that and if you decide to ban me, just do it knowing that it was not me who posted and that I'm real sorry about all this.

#542 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Oh wow guys, I am really sorry about that post. That must have been my brother who got on my account when I left the computer on. Im really sorry about that and if you decide to ban me, just do it knowing that it was not me who posted and that I'm real sorry about all this.

Thanks, we instantly forgive you.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#543 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

I've heard that excuse so many times I don't even have any more witty responses to it.

Just because not only is that an overused excuse, but a terrible overused excuse at that, you're on thin ice. Fortunately, you seem to be able to post coherently, as proven by your second post. Keep up posts like your second posts, and I won't ban you. That's not to say that any other admin won't, but you might get lucky.

Don't fuck up again.

EDIT: You still don't get any protection for stupidity, so try not to post anything extraordinarily stupid either.

~ompa

#544 Zudikas

Zudikas

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Well, it comes on a tripod, if it is good I can imagine it being a highly effective weapon for capture the flag, humans vs. zombies, and assassins. Let's hope it is air powered and not battery powered, that is if (big if) the 6-D batteries are only used for advancing the belt.

Yeah I'm not spending $40 on an electronic nerf gun.

Also if it's air powered, and uses a belt clip, chances are they will be a bladder.
If there is no bladder it will fire all the darts at once which is pretty gay.

Yo noob, if it requires six D cells, than its electric and doesn't have a bladder. It used a pneumatic firing system for single shot and probably rotary wheels for auto similar to the mech tommy 20.

#545 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

The last post was on May 9th, a full 22 days earlier than now to post a question that was asked 3 months ago.

If you really felt the need to say something derogatory towards someone that posted 3 months and 538-ish posts ago, please go ahead and get ban-in-ated.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#546 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

Just got an email from target, apparently the official release date is September 7th. It is available for preorder now however.

#547 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

September, huh?
I thought somebody said it would be out in July...
But it's better than waiting until Fall, which is good, not to mention the fact that this is a solid, confirmed date.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#548 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

mmm. I got the email too. I think I'm going to put my preorder in. Once it comes (hopefully early since it should be the first batch to ship) we'll all have all winter to work on it and explore it, no?
Teehee.

#549 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

Alert FA_24, if he hasn't seen this already.

September, huh? Damn. However, they usually pad release dates, don't they? I mean, they said Spring 2008 for the Recon, and the first one popped up in what, January?

That date, therefore, is very probably a nationwide availability date. If they put "July 2008" there (probably the earliest it will be seen in some stores) they could be sued for false advertising for not having it in EVERY store by that date. So, I'm gonna say it's probable that we see this completely available in September, but probably see it in a few stores, probably on the West Coast, in late June, probably July, August at the latest. That of course is just my take, so take it cum grana salis, he said, sounding like the literary fag that Omega indefatigably was.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#550 MrDelish

MrDelish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Alert FA_24, if he hasn't seen this already.

September, huh? Damn. However, they usually pad release dates, don't they? I mean, they said Spring 2008 for the Recon, and the first one popped up in what, January?

That date, therefore, is very probably a nationwide availability date. If they put "July 2008" there (probably the earliest it will be seen in some stores) they could be sued for false advertising for not having it in EVERY store by that date. So, I'm gonna say it's probable that we see this completely available in September, but probably see it in a few stores, probably on the West Coast, in late June, probably July, August at the latest. That of course is just my take, so take it cum grana salis, he said, sounding like the literary fag that Omega indefatigably was.

The first first first Recon appeared in December (it was early in the month), and I bought my first Recon on Christmas Eve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users