Photo

Ohno (s)

OH NOES IT'S ANOTHER OHNO!

67 replies to this topic

Poll: OHNO? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have an OHNO?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

When should we have an OHNO?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Where should we have an OHNO?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

Well, when, where and should we have another OHNO or two?

I was thinking early summer and late summer for an OHNO/CNO (Columbus Nerf Out).

This would accommodate me the best (greedy Jew...) and has enough options for people to accommodate themselves, too.

Lets start throwing dates around about an early summer OHNO.

Edited by Lynx, 14 February 2008 - 08:09 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#2 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

I'll be up around Chicago in early-to-mid summer. I may be able to hit up Ohio before I get home. (I love my mom's conferences (Geddon in 06)).
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#3 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

I'll most likely be working in Athens all summer, but I should be able to make it up for a war or two.

If we wanted to do a summer war in Athens, the city is almost empty. I should be able to house everyone too. Just throwing that out there.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

If you could provide dates, or move the conference to the GCCC (Greater Columbus Convention Center) that would be great!

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

Not Cleveland if you want any MNers to come.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

State what you can and can't do people!

Just "can't" do's can't help me try to organize this...

It's pretty cool that OHNO could get out of state-ers...

jedijoe9: SWEET! I know you aren't a pedophile so yeah, that is definitely an interesting proposition. If you could provide pictures of locations that would be sweet, too. Also, I should be able to not break my NERF blasters before the start of the day ... "should" is the emphasized word.

Edited by Lynx, 13 February 2008 - 12:37 AM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#7 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:45 AM

I'm down for some Ohio Nerf, just pick a damn date I can go to this time ;)

I'm from Cleveland, but Columbus seems to be the best location so far. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with Athens also; either works for me.

As far as dates are concerned for the next OHNO, I'm thinking April. The 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th are the Saturdays in April. I don't have any plans that will prohibit me from warring on any of those dates. That, combined with my desire to Nerf as soon as possible, I'm thinking we should have it on the 5th or the 12th. Any other date is fine with me though.

Please post saying which dates work best for you.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#8 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

Well, I can't do the 5th so the 12th of April will definitely be better for me. Even then, I'd have to miss a game if I play on the JV team instead of JV B (baseball, I'm a freshman).

Now, if we do Whetstone again, we could have some problems getting the playground, but Twitch, jedijoe9, bpso86, and Peter can tell you that the wooded area near by the playground is just as fun to play on.

Now, Peter or jedijoe9 proposed a different location in Columbus nearby Whetstone that is also good, but I fear not having enough space...

Flaming Hilt: Can you do Columbus on that Saturday?

bpso86: Could you rally the troops for another Saturday war?

jedijoe9: Pictures of Athens would be appreciated. If it looks better than Whetstone, I'd try my best to get down there for a NERF war, but I fear I really can't do much outside of Columbus (asking drivers today...). I also think that people would be more easily persuaded to go to Columbus than Athens, especially with people that need rides (me, Peter,

Diablo: Can you please make some OHNO noise on the HQ?

Everyone: I should not need loaner weapons because I WILL NOT break my blaster(s) before the day starts...

Edited by Lynx, 13 February 2008 - 11:29 AM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#9 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

I might be able to get a couple of kids (new to nerf) to come along... But only if it's in Cincinnati, or closer to IN.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#10 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

State what you can and can't do people!

Just "can't" do's can't help me try to organize this...

Well, cross out all the "can't" dates and locations and see what's left.

No, I don't have anything on my calender, but I'd want someone to carpool with. I'm not driving down there alone.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

I can't do August. Anything else is fine though and I don't care about the location as long as the park's nice and it's within 3 hours.

Oh, I don't really care either way whether we have one or two, but if there are two I'll probably only be able to make one unless both are before August and aren't in mid July.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 February 2008 - 12:46 PM.

SexD Warves

#12 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

I probably won't be able to do anything this summer, but April might work. I can't go the 12th, but the week before that is my spring break.

As for location, I nominate Fran Bar Park. That's where my friends and I go for all our paintball escapades. Its easy to find and has two large woodsball courses perfect for CTF, two speedball courses, and a junkyard that'd do very nicely. The fee to play there is 25$ a person if you bring your own crap.

pictures and official site
http://www.franbarpa...gapaintball.htm

Overview
Posted Image
Junkyard
Posted Image

Edited by Green Riptide, 13 February 2008 - 01:00 PM.

#13 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

I'm fairly sure Peter lives in Missouri and he was around just for Christmas.

Either way, I was proposing the Athens war for sometime in the summer. Right now, everything is iced over and I don't really feel like going out to get pictures. If the weather gets above 20 anytime soon, I'll get on it. Frankly, it's probably easier for me to go to Columbus than a ton of people to go to Athens, so let's just sort of leave it as a backup for now.

No matter where we do it, I do propose, though, that we are a bit more organized. Maybe deciding as a group what to do in the morning and afternoon, when we break for lunch, etc. Nothing set in stone, just a bit of structure so we kind of know what is going on.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

#14 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

I have contacted the paintball park because the park looks SWEET!

The only downside with the park is it is play to play...

We should play at Whetstone (Link to the other thread with a ton of pictures and directions)/Fran Bar Park (information is already up) at 10:00 AM on Saturday the 12th of April.

Lunch at 1:30 PM for 30 minutes.

We should be done around 6:00 PM and then it will be CRAZY PARTY TIME! (insert video of party pandas)

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#15 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Whetstone looks good. I'm not into the idea of paying to play. A junkyard would be amazing but possible teenagers with paintball guns doesn't appeal to me and a junkyard could be dangerous - lots of sharp metal and shit everywhere.

Was Whetstone where you played last time? That's my vote.
SexD Warves

#16 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Well I appreciate the enthusiasm Lynx, I honestly do. But this time around, it's my turn to host. You had the last one.

We're planning a late spring war here in Dayton at the "Battle Creek". If you missed it around Halloween (which everyone so far in this thread did, only bobafan made it out other than us Cincy guys), it was a blast. There are 2-3 fields, each with very different terrain. The creek is what makes it very interesting. Location is about 45 minutes east of the Ohio/Indiana border, about 2 hours south of the northern Ohio border and about 1 hour north of the southern Ohio border. This will allow the Indiana guys to come out and hopefully everyone else.

Mike, Dave, we need to fling the foam again. If you guys don't want to drive all the way down to Dayton then we can do Columbus (even speaking that dreadful name makes me cry), but I think you guys would really like the field we played at. My little brother fell backwards into the creek while being chased down by a wildfire.

Having the war here will allow a lot of Cincy guys to come (10+ this time hopefully) and my house is only a block away so there will be a cookout afterwards.

As for dates, I have to double check. Our spring break is the week of March 24th, but that's not too big of a deal since the location is close.

Lynx, if you can edit the poll(s), let's change them to see where we're going to have one first, then we'll figure out dates. So far it looks like it's a toss-up between C-bus and Dayton.

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

Normally I'd edit my last post but since this is a new page I'm posting here. I'm not going if it's in Dayton. That's 4 hours away. One in Dayton and one in Columbus would be best for me.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 13 February 2008 - 04:30 PM.

SexD Warves

#18 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

That's what I was figuring. I hoped we could do a spring war here in Dayton and do the summer in Columbus/Cleveland. You know, spread the love around.

#19 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

Don't hold me to this, but there is a possibility I could make it to a war on the weekend of 3/29-30th and if so, possibly give people (namely lynx) a ride to Dayton. That field looks pretty awesome and I think we owe you Cincy guys one for coming to Columbus.

Truthfully, it all depends on how fast I can backpack from Athens to Columbus (my spring break plans)

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

My Dad is skeptical of having someone else driving me and stuff, but there is hope, IT'S NOT HIS WEEKEND!

God say my Mom will let me go...

And I hope I can assemble my AT2K by then (probably wont clip it), my Firefly (hoping it wont die with an ace 49 in there), and a StrikeFire (just going to remove the ARs).

Edited by Lynx, 13 February 2008 - 05:31 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Whetstone looks good. I'm not into the idea of paying to play. A junkyard would be amazing but possible teenagers with paintball guns doesn't appeal to me and a junkyard could be dangerous - lots of sharp metal and shit everywhere.

Was Whetstone where you played last time? That's my vote.

Because teenagers with nerf guns are better :(
It should be understood that the 'junkyard' is not actually a junkyard; the park owners just dumped a bunch of 55-gallon drums, old wooden crates, and tires in the area. There are no sharp objects or extreme environmental hazards; the most you can do is trip over a 2x4. I enjoy the nearest woodsball course and the junkyard immensely- the junkyard is overgrown most of the time and is great for ambushes, and the woodsball course doubles as a 'horror-maze' type thing in the fall, so there's plenty of winding plywood-and-tarp constructions to sneak about in.

Hmm. I could probably get away with going to Cinci on the grounds of a 'college visit' over spring break.
Bpso- I'll be at UC on the 18th for one of the aforementioned college visits. Will you be on campus that i could meet up with you, perhaps to buy things?

Lynx, If you're okay to go we should see about carpooling.

No matter what happens I'd probably need to borrow blasters. My current functioning armory (i.e. not dissasembled) consists of 1 (one) maverick. ._.

Edited by Green Riptide, 13 February 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#22 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

Bpso- I'll be at UC on the 18th for one of the aforementioned college visits. Will you be on campus that i could meet up with you, perhaps to buy things?

Yes sir, I have class on Mondays from 11am-2pm, then I work from 5-9pm. I'll pm you my name/phone number if you want.

A carpool of people from Columbus would be great. And I have plenty of loaner guns, I wouldn't worry about that.

#23 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

With any luck I might be near ohio again near one of those dates.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#24 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:12 AM

I am 100% down for a Dayton war, Brandon. I trust that you Cinci folk know how to host a good war.

As far as dates are concerned, any is fine with me. If the war is in March though you might want to stray away from the 22nd, That's the date for ECNO. I may be attending that war, and it's also a possibility that some east coasters would consider coming out to Dayton to Nerf. How does Saturday, March 29th sound? Brandon said that's when his spring break is and Jedijoe may be able to attend the war that weekend. Sounds good to me if it's good with the rest.

I think our best options right now are a spring Dayton OHNO and an early or late July Columbus OHNO. I say early or late July in order to accomadate NerfMonkey.

Lynx, I also recommend you remove your poll as to make this situation less confusing.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#25 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

I can try for another dayton war.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users