Photo

Texas War (wtno)

FREAKING POST HERE IF YOU LIVE IN TEXAS

95 replies to this topic

Poll: WTNO

If I hosted a Texas Nerf War this summer, would you be interested?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If yes, when is a good time?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hi you guys, I have never been or had a NERF war of any sort, but I've always wanted to go to one. I'm not positive I can come, because San Angelo is about three hours away from me, but I'll try. No Singled Big Blasts, though? My only two good air guns I have are a Titan-mav integration, and a SBB. So, just throwing that out there.

Edited by Salmon, 15 February 2008 - 06:18 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#27 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Hi you guys, I have never been or had a NERF war of any sort, but I've always wanted to go to one. I'm not positive I can come, because San Angelo is about three hours away from my house, but I'll try. No Singled Big Blasts, though? My only two good air guns I have are a Titan-mav integration, and a SBB. So, just throwing that out there.

Do you have any springers?
The problem with singled guns like that is, in a public place, the darts could come near childrwen and moms, etc.
HOWEVER, if the campus allows it, the war will be at Angelo State Univ, and i will allow singled weapons.

Edited by sputnik, 15 February 2008 - 07:15 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#28 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

I might be able to attend. I can't bring many guns though.
I want to stress the Code of Conduct laid down by the website founders. I know how the sh*t can hit the fan when someone hits a 2 year old with a matte-black singled titan with a laser sight. I don't want any kind of trouble with irate security guards who could "accidentally" bust my Lilith in half.

EDIT: Google maps shows that by Houston, it will be harder, but I still can probably come.

Edited by saxynerfer, 15 February 2008 - 10:22 PM.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#29 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

Here are some pics of campus
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#30 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

And a few more

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#31 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

Make sure you check local laws regarding using non-public property.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#32 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:58 AM

Make sure you check local laws regarding using non-public property.

Right. Well, My mom's college mentor is the assistant dean, and he gave a preliminary ok, so we're good in that sense.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#33 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

This is great, I will try to convince some people to come. How many would you need?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#34 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

This is great, I will try to convince some people to come. How many would you need?

Hopefully 10-20 people.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#35 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hmm, looks like a cool place to have a war. I have a group of about 13 people who nerf with me but I am guessing that only about 5 at most would come.

Oh and my only ridiculously strong gun is my singled BB.
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#36 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

So what is the current head count?

#37 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hmm, looks like a cool place to have a war. I have a group of about 13 people who nerf with me but I am guessing that only about 5 at most would come.

Oh and my only ridiculously strong gun is my singled BB.

Well, the campus wouldnt be a problem for singled weapons, so it is allowed.

probably.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#38 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

*BUMP* I would like to start getting a preliminary head count, so post if you are coming and how many people here, please.

Edited by sputnik, 17 February 2008 - 04:47 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#39 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:36 AM

I might be bringing one other person, also from point-blank range I *think* Lilith can leave 1" blood welts, so definite barrel tap rules.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#40 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

Ok, update time.
I will have 2-4 friends that live here that will attend.
We have a pitiful total of 10 guns between us, so if you are coming, bring extra guns and Stefans, if at all possible.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#41 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

How old must you be? I can bring 2.5.

#42 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

It is too far out for me to make it for one war. Who is in Dallas? There is also a nerfer on NQ that is up in Albuqerque(sp). It would see if you can get ahold of him.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#43 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

How old must you be? I can bring 2.5.

1)2.5 what?
2)i'm 18, why do you ask?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#44 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

2.5 people (young brother, and father), how old must one be to attend this war? I can bring some sidearms.

#45 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

2.5 people (young brother, and father), how old must one be to attend this war? I can bring some sidearms.

Well if your dad will be there, then your little bro can too.
Otherwise, I would prefer a piece of paper signed by the parents with permission.
EDIT: If you are 17 or older, no permission is needed, only a waiver releasing me and ASU from any responsibility to damages caused.

Edited by sputnik, 21 February 2008 - 06:37 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#46 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:43 PM

What is the rules on how many guns you can carry? Can we have a primary and sidearm? Also, I have a lot of darts I will be bringing(sry I have like 7 stefans bc I dont have the patience to make a lot of them) a bunch of dart tag darts( both modified and stock) and I will also be bringing my whole nerf arsenal for people who need a laoner gun.

#47 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

What is the rules on how many guns you can carry? Can we have a primary and sidearm? Also, I have a lot of darts I will be bringing(sry I have like 7 stefans bc I dont have the patience to make a lot of them) a bunch of dart tag darts( both modified and stock) and I will also be bringing my whole nerf arsenal for people who need a laoner gun.

I will (probably) be using my longshot, along with a RC as a secondary and a mav as my sidearm.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#48 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

I will (probably) be using my longshot, along with a RC as a secondary and a mav as my sidearm.

So we can have primary, secondary and a sidearm!!! You make me very very happy. Hopefully I will have my longshot drum barrel clip done be the time we have the nerf war....

My primary will be my longshot, secondary could possibly be my hornet or magstrike and my sidearm will prolly be either my SM750, maverick with extra barrels or the ever popular NF :rolleyes:
objections?

#49 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

So we can have primary, secondary and a sidearm!!! You make me very very happy. Hopefully I will have my longshot drum barrel clip done be the time we have the nerf war....

My primary will be my longshot, secondary could possibly be my hornet or magstrike and my sidearm will prolly be either my SM750, maverick with extra barrels or the ever popular NF :rolleyes:
objections?

My Longshot is pretty strong, but my recon is 25 feet max. (stock). My maverick is my absolute favorite gun, period.
It is accurate up to 25, range is 32.
Different game types will mean different gun setups, so bring them all.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#50 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

objections?

My Longshot is pretty strong, but my recon is 25 feet max. (stock). My maverick is my absolute favorite gun, period.
It is accurate up to 25, range is 32.
Different game types will mean different gun setups, so bring them all.

I got a recon with a removed AR that you can borrow :huh:

This is my arsenal at this moment:

2 longshot's
2 firefly's
3 maverick's
2 NF's
1 recon
1 DTG( th other is glued to the bottom of my longshot)
1 secret shot 1(not even modded)
1 broken manta
1 SM750
1 LBB
1 hornet
1 powerclip
1 BBB

I am planning on getting at least 2 magstrikes and possibly a couple more NF's in the next 2-4 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users