Photo

A Cheap And Easy Mod To Make Streamlines Accurate!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

A while ago when I purchased my recon, I was observing the performance of the stock streamline ammo. As I'm sure everyone here knows already, they are very inaccurate because of the hole on the tip, so I found a solution.

All you have to do is take a hot glue gun, put the tip up to the little hole on the end of the dart, and basically inject the hollow tip with glue, and allow it to cool. So now, that pesky hole is plugged up, and there is some added weight as well. The results were pleasing, the accuracy is greatly improved, and range isn't really affected.

There you go, cheap, easy effective. What more could you ask for?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

Has already been suggested many times. And I keep suggesting that it's much easier to just trim the dome off with a pair of scissors.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

Oh...sorry.

I feel sort of silly now.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

what I do is take a small sling shot ball bearing, cut an "x" shaped hole in the streamline hole(to make it a little larger without making a gaping hole) and push the ball bearing in there, gives the front a bit more mass.
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

I have caulk, or silicone, (that's what I call it), and I put some on the hole, and then smooth it over with water on my finger. It works quite well, and does not add any extra weight, so the streamlines carry in the air,so that is making my guns get cheated ranges. ;)
EDIT: But seriously, to test ranges, I NEVER use streamlines. You get way overhyped ranges, that are technically true, but also false.

Edited by Bomberman, 12 February 2008 - 02:45 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

I do the same as milkman but I use 2 bbs and hot glue them in there.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

I just take .20g airsoft BBs and squeeze them through the airhole in the tip, no glue necessary.
i also just bought a recon.

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 12 February 2008 - 05:37 PM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users