Photo

My New Modified Disk Shot Blaster

16 replies to this topic

#1 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

To start off, I added a NF spring to the current spring that was in the original gun. The AR's are removed, and I replaced the barrel with cpvc (about 6 inches I reckon).

I gave it a scope made out of 3 inches of cpvc pipe and 2 1/2 inch cpvc couplers. It also has two bent staples glued to it for a crosshair. Now I know all of you are going to say "Oh scopes are pointless on nerf blasters" but not this surprisingly. I hit a chalkboard with a Target drawn right in the center every shot from about 35ft (And I usually have indoor wars).

Posted Image

Along with the scope, I glued on two double shot shells for ammo holders. On the bottom, I cut off the original ammo holders and integrated the remote for the DiskShot launcher (Yes I actually use it).

Here's the gun-

Posted Image

Here's the front of the gun-

Posted Image

Here's the gun without the barrel extension-

Posted Image

And here's my brother making a strange face-

Posted Image

All silliness aside, this gun gets fair ranges with taggers.

Level
Shot:

1- 67ft
2- 72ft
3- 67ft

Angled Shot:

1- 92ft
2- 94ft
3- 89 ft

All in all, I really like this gun, and it definatley finds itself resting in my hands when I'm choosing a side arm.

Questions, comments, horribley rude insults?

Edited by Liam, 11 February 2008 - 11:29 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#2 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

Are you using stefans with this? Because if you are just using stock darts like in the picture your barrel is way too long. for stock darts, make the barrel the length of the dart body.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#3 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

Are you using stefans with this? Because if you are just using stock darts like in the picture your barrel is way too long. for stock darts, make the barrel the length of the dart body.

Ranges were done with tagger darts. When I was outside shooting this gun I decided to try the ranges again but without the barrel extension (the coupler attached to about and extra 3 inches of cpvc) the ranges were near identical.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

That's a nice one, but I think that these types of threads should not be posted, unless it is a writeup. This should probably be in the Mods/Paintjobs thread. I like the double shot ammo holders, and the scope. Nice touches.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Wow I didn't know that the disk shot blaster had potential, I should pick one up next time I go to target.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

That's a nice one, but I think that these types of threads should not be posted, unless it is a writeup. This should probably be in the Mods/Paintjobs thread. I like the double shot ammo holders, and the scope. Nice touches.

People post mods that are not in write-up form in the modification section ALL the time, and I did post this in the modification/paintjob pictures section. I'm glad you like the gun though.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

People post mods that are not in write-up form in the modification section ALL the time, and I did post this in the modification/paintjob pictures section. I'm glad you like the gun though.

Oh, woops. My bad. But I will have to do something like this with my $13. EDIT: (I'm broke)

Edited by Bomberman, 11 February 2008 - 11:02 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

looking at the pictures posted in the finished mods and paint jobs thread, this gun win the award for best waste of cpvc couplers with four of them on this gun when only one is used to shoot the gun.

#9 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

looking at the pictures posted in the finished mods and paint jobs thread, this gun win the award for best waste of cpvc couplers with four of them on this gun when only one is used to shoot the gun.

Now actually their are only 2 couplers on the blaster. I removed the barrel extension piece (since I use stock darts) and I removed the handle on the bottom and integrated the disk shot remote. Now the only two are on the scope. I don't consider it a waste since the scope actually works and I have about 125 couplers.

Here is a picture of the gun currently-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Liam, 11 February 2008 - 11:27 PM.

#10 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

That has got to be one of the most beutifull pistols that i have EVER seen...
Just behind the LnL.
EDIT: It IS the most beutifull pistols i have ever seen.

Edited by sn1per, 12 February 2008 - 03:52 PM.

QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#11 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

this could be considered an integration... the first ive seen with the remote. ill have to go and buy a new set since i didnt get the launcher the first time... only the gun with 6 disks and 6 darts.

#12 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

Now actually their are only 2 couplers on the blaster. I removed the barrel extension piece (since I use stock darts) and I removed the handle on the bottom and integrated the disk shot remote. Now the only two are on the scope. I don't consider it a waste since the scope actually works and I have about 125 couplers.

Where did you get 125 couplers... Seems kinds overkill

#13 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

That has got to be one of the most beutifull pistols that i have EVER seen...
Just behind the LnL.
EDIT: It IS the most beutifull pistols i have ever seen.

A comment like that really makes me feel good, and I'm glad you really like it.

Uterly-

I know 125 couplers might seem like alot, but I tend to do a bunch of projects like these and the couplers go faster than water in Africa.

EDIT: I just bought a couple bags of couplers from home depot for like $1.50 for 10 of them.

Edited by Liam, 12 February 2008 - 08:03 PM.

#14 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

How do you add a NF spring? I tried it and it won't catch.

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

How do you add a NF spring? I tried it and it won't catch.

Another necro even after ompa warned you? PM the guy.

#16 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

Does that face your brother make scare the darts farther away, thus increasing range? Cuz if so, Im sure many war captains would consider your brother a form of cheating
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#17 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Does that face your brother make scare the darts farther away, thus increasing range? Cuz if so, Im sure many war captains would consider your brother a form of cheating

Yes indeed it does. If my brother wasn't there when I was testing out this gun the ranges wouldn't have been at all similar. :D

Now how 'bout we end this necro and let my old topic die again :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users