Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

43 replies to this topic

#1 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

http://www.gamespot....ws/6185840.html

When Electronic Arts picked up the rights to a variety of Hasbro games last August, it had a slew of new toys to play with it when it came to licensed casual games. Specifically, the agreement gave EA's casual gaming division the chance to make games based on brands like Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Nerf, Tonka, and Littlest Pet Shop.

Today EA Casual Entertainment revealed the first concrete glimpse of its Hasbro plans, announcing that the first two console and handheld games to come from the deal will be Littlest Pet Shop and Nerf N-Strike. Both games are being developed by EA's Salt Lake Studio, and will see release this fall on the Nintendo DS and the Wii. A PC edition of Littlest Pet Shop is also in the works.

Littlest Pet Shop will allow players to run their own pet stores, "building relationships" with their products and unlocking new animals, accessories, and playsets. EA will sell three different versions of the game, each with unique pets.

As for Nerf N-Strike, the game is based on the line of soft foam-firing toy guns, and includes perhaps the least deadly deathmatch modes of all time with single and multiplayer modes. EA is also promising a new Nerf blaster that will allow players to "take the action outside as their controller transforms to fire actual NERF darts."

Naturally, EA's plans for the Hasbro brands extend beyond those two titles. The publisher also confirmed that it is working on multiplatform versions of Monopoly and Scrabble, as well as other games to be revealed by the end of the year and a full slate of mobile titles and Pogo.com online offerings.

Edited by shoeshine5, 11 February 2008 - 06:26 PM.

While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

#2 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

I think their is a topic for this already if I am correct. http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10168
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

EA is also promising a new Nerf blaster that will allow players to "take the action outside as their controller transforms to fire actual NERF darts."

Oh my fucking god.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iā€™m just not the angel you knew.

#4 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

You may scorn,But I'm more excited about the multi-platform Scrabble!

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:56 AM

You may scorn,But I'm more excited about the multi-platform Scrabble!

Don't forget to brush up on the rules of how to play scrabble.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Secran

Secran

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

http://kotaku.com/35...ster-peripheral

Yay for another Nitefinder, with handy detachable plunger tube unit.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

http://kotaku.com/35...ster-peripheral

Yay for another Nitefinder, with handy detachable plunger tube unit.

very good find! I hope the plunger tube on that is massive.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iā€™m just not the angel you knew.

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

By the priming handle alone my guess is that it's just more reused Nitefinder parts. Time will tell.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

It looks like a chopped up disk shot case more than a Nite-Finder to me...

EDIT: "DO'H"

Edited by Lynx, 13 February 2008 - 12:06 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

It looks like a chopped up dick shot case more than a Nite-Finder to me...

Countdown to universal sigging in three...two...
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#11 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

...One.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#12 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Innocent mistake or Freudian slip? The world may never know...
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#13 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

If the blaster tube could be fired independently of the main body, it might be very useful for assassin games or integrations.

#14 DflyDen

DflyDen

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

Here an tibbit from an Hasbro Toy fair press release about new Nerf product coming this fall:

LAZER TAG 2-IN-1 System

Get ready to experience LAZER TAG like never beforeā€¦the LAZER TAG 2-IN-1 system brings video game action to life with tactile features that allow players to customize their taggers and actually feel the thrilling game of electronic tag. Each LAZER TAG 2-IN-1 system comes complete with two taggers, two green dot sights for trouble-free targeting and two SHOT BLAST attachments featuring pump action for bigger blasts. Whether taggers are playing head-to-head or engaging in team play, the thrill of LAZER TAG is heightened by lights, sounds and new features including: a Rumble Pack tells players when they've been hit, a Recoil Feature is engaged with every shot fired, the Shield Button protects players from incoming fire, and a Manual Reload feature to restock ammo after ten shots. In the mood for a battle but don't have an opponent? The LAZER TAG 2-in-1 system also allows taggers to enjoy the fast-paced action of LAZER TAG anytime, in the comfort of their home. The high-tech system features the videogame attachment that connects to the tagger and plugs into the TV for a first person blaster game of LAZER TAG. (Ages 8 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $79.99/Available: Fall 2008)

NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25

The top-of-the-line blaster for mission supremacy, the NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster is a 25-dart belt-fed fully automatic blaster that will intimidate any opponent. This impressive blaster comes complete with a fold-up tripod to steady your aim, 25 sonic micro darts that whistle through the air when launched and a 25-dart belt. The NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 blaster features the Tactical Rail System allowing players to customize their blaster for each mission - for example, players can use the green `night vision' Tactical Light accessory (sold separately) for nighttime missions. Six "D" batteries are required but not included. (Ages 6 years & up/Approximate Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 2008)

I think the Vulcan sounds cool.
"The gods that smiled when you were born, are laughing now" - My favorite fortune cookie saying. I really got this.

#15 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Link por favor?

#16 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Oh hellz yes. Another belt fed Nerf Gun. Sign me up. The video game is probably going to be interesting to say the least. And I don't have a Wii, so I won't get the nerf blaster/controller.

#17 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Link por favor?

Here, but DflyDen did a rather good job of pulling out the pertinent info.

Unless you're burning with curiosity about where The Littlest Pet Shop franchise is going in 2k8.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#18 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

I figured it is easier posting this into this Topic about the coming Nerf Videogame:

Posted Image

[Link to Gizmodo ]

#19 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Here, but DflyDen did a rather good job of pulling out the pertinent info.

Unless you're burning with curiosity about where The Littlest Pet Shop franchise is going in 2k8.

MY LITTLE PONY PONYVILLE SWEET SUNDAE AMUSEMENT PARK!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say I can't wait any longer.

Actually I just wanted to see it confirmed. I can say I'm almost not excited at all for this:

6 "D" batteries required but not included

#20 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

The vulcan sounds amazing! I was going to get a razorbeast (I already have a chainblazer + roto-track) but I think I'll have to wait for the release of the vulcan.

Edited by Captain, 13 February 2008 - 03:11 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#21 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Wait a minute, 6 d batteries? If this thing fires like a mech 20 it is going to suck.

#22 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

The mech tommy 20 takes 3 tripple A batteries, so with 6 D batteries that quite a bit more electricity.

Edited by vaan, 13 February 2008 - 04:04 PM.

#23 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

Wow the blast strike controller looks cool. It would be cool to integrate with it.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#24 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

Oh ... my ... goodness. The vulcan sounds exactly like what I thought it wouldn't be. It does seem like a reasonable magstrike replacement. But then again, the tommy mech 20 was a bad weapon. I don't see it having much modification potential and the "6 D batteries" part alone is enough "nerfing" for me.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#25 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

The firing meck on the gun part (plunger-tube) looks good for an integration.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users