HO-LEE SHIT...

13 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hokay, so yesterday was THE most amazing day we've had in a LONG time. However, it was a LONG time coming...

I came up from San Diego on the train system. Not a problem, right? Well, the trip from San Diego's station to the Oceanside station (a mere 30 miles) cost more on the train than the whole commuter train trip from Oceanside to Corona, where I was staying with Bags. So I got a friend to drive me to Oceanside, where I arrived a mere 5 minutes AFTER the last commuter train for the day had left. Stupid traffic on the 5...

So we improvised, and I wound up taking some other train up to Irvine, and Bags and Pilz drove across from Corona to snag me from there. What an adventure...

Then, we get to Bag's place to finish assembling my gun, only to discover that I left the trigger and a few other essential pieces of my gun in San Diego.

Shit.

So yet again, I'll be playing with loaner guns. Nothing new at this point.

So Friday was REALLY just not my day.

Saturday turned that all around.

We didn't have a huge turnout. Myself, Bags, Pilz, Akai, Cheeseboy and Shelly made up the overall attendance for the first YANO we had yesterday. I'll explain later. Oh yeah, there was one other...Hubbard. Yeah, HUBBARD. The maker of the Original S.S. Hubbard doomcannon (the original gun visible from orbit that takes upwards of two hours to reload and prime) came back to nerf yesterday. And he played better than he did last time I saw him play. Yesterday, the Hub man OWNED.

We played for the first time at Walnut high school yesterday. As we were setting up to play at the first of countless playable locations at the school, one of the Janitors walked over to us and asked us what we were doing. "We play with nerf guns." "Good answer" and walked away. No calls to the cops, nothing. We are completely welcome there.

Walnut is the best location we've ever seen. It was an absolute joy to play at. I'll leave details from the rounds up to other people to recap.

Once we finally decided we REALLY needed to go get some food, Hubbard needed to leave. After lunch, we went to Snow Creek Park, also in Walnut, and played in a sloped field with a creek running through it and some trees. L:ike, Mel Gibson in "The Paitriot" style. Awesome. After that, Cheeseboy and Shelly had to head out too, leaving myself, Bags, Pilz, and Akai. We were REALLY pumped up on Dew/Adrenaline/whatever, so we headed back to G-Town and called up Apollo on the way in. He'd gotten back from his festivities of the day, so he went, picked up an old face from the Knights we haven't seen in awhile (Snake) and the two of them met us at a local middle school, where the six of us played until the light was gone. Then Akai went home and we went to a lit courtyard at Glendora High school, where we then proceeded to play until about 7:30~ish by the light of the school's evening lamps. We nerfed from ~11:00 until 7:30 yesterday.

I haven't had that much fun in a nerf war in YEARS. Yesterday alone exceeded the fun we've had at Armageddons, YANOs, CAFFs...you name it. It was awesome.

We've got a connection through Hubbard and Cheeseboy to Spoon. Hopefully we'll get him back and semi-active soon. Cxwq can be reached through Spoon, and conveniently lives closeby to our new location. Half of my clan became active again yesterday, and Bag's end of Scun gained two more members. Soon enough, there'll be more nerfers coming out of San Diego and Orange county through Bags and I via college.

And so the revival begins.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

Hot Damn...Well, Falcon said a lot of the great things about Saturday's Yano. And I have to share his sentiment that it was possibly my favorite day of nerfing ever.

It was Great to Get Cheese-Boy and Shelley out to a war, and It was amazing to see Senior Hubbard back in action. Even though Hubbard hadn't played in over two years, you wouldn't have known it by how easily he slipped back into active play. He Kicked ass in those Five rounds we played at Walnut High. well...except for the round where Pilz and Akai were being camping whores, while he ran around by himself... because I personally killed him out of the round rather quickly. Did we mention that we only used TWO of the at leas Six unique play areas at Walnut High? Yeah... so there's waaaay more where this came from when it comes time for this years geddon.

By far one of my top moments for the day though had to be when Hubbard and I had taken the entire balcony area for the first round in that space. But probably the biggest surprise was that almost everyone who was there Consistently brought their A-game, Shelley Got some amazing kills with a 2k She borrowed, particularly for her first war. And The Hub's Magical Maverick got an insane number of hits and out performs any Mav I've evr seen. Cheese-Boy rained a few nice attacks with his magstrike, one of which Pilz didn't even know hit him... it took three people to convince him otherwise, And probaly two of the best shots of the day came in the form of Pilz nailing me while I was monologuing. I also think I may have played the best I have since Geddon 06, and that made me feel really happy with the whole day. so even though it was never more than a 4 on 3 round... it was absolutely Effeminate in all four places we played. It Was great to get to shoot at Apollo and Snake down at Glendora High later in the night. and overall the whole day was amazing. There's Just too many great things to mention to give Normal highlights.

Pilz has more pics, Video and possibly the best SoCal war Group shot since the one where we all had guns trained on cosmo's crotch. Hopefully it won't take him six months to share it with us.

But here's what I can give ya:

Posted Image
Pilz, using that maximizer like only he can...

Posted Image
Cheese-Boy and I have good reason for when we joke about being clones....

Posted Image
Hubbard Stares Down Akai...

The rest of these were taken with my video camera, which I forgot to put a tape in...but It allowed us to shoot some stills after my good camera's batteries died. (the first like six of these being after both Falcon and I had died out of the round....

Posted Image
Cheese-Boy Loads up

Posted Image
Posted Image
Akai and Pilz Bunker down...

Posted Image
...As Was Hubbard

Posted Image
More Akai and Pilz

Posted Image
And more hubbard....That's right, he was holding off a maximizer and a PumpShot Gun with a maverick.

Posted Image
Falcon and Akai Do Battle on the Ramp

Posted Image
Falcon and Cheese-Boy Decide to get defensive.

Posted Image
Akai plans his attack on Cheese-Boy and Falcon

Posted Image
Pilz after getting an excellent kill from above.

Posted Image
Cheese-Boy bunkers down

Posted Image
Posted Image
More Effeminate Akai Vs Cheese-boy and Falcon Action.

Posted Image
Shelley, casually waking to another part of our second playing location, as the two opponents lay temporarily slain. (Cheese-Boy took this one)

Posted Image
Hubbard while pilz shoots some video.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Falcon Picks up the maximizer to try to make up for his Range deficiency syrndrome... man he needs to finish his x-bow

After this point My Video Camera's battery died, Pilz has a lot more pics, I HOPE I'll get them within a week or so.

Yeah... So That day Was Awesome... SoCal is Back Baby!

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#3 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

So was this war located in Irvine? I'm like an hour away from there and my buddy attends UCI.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

So was this war located in Irvine? I'm like an hour away from there and my buddy attends UCI.

It was At Walnut High, SoCal wars moved out of Irvine Sometime in Late 05, we mainly played in Glendora, but Walnut high will probably be our new default location.

On a vaguely related Note, I may be transferring to UCI next fall, if I don't get in to Chapman.

-Bags

#5 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Well I'll have to check how long it takes me to get to glendora. I imagine it won't take too long. Is this a once a year thing?

While we are on an unrelated note, UCI is a pretty nice school. They are trying to get a zombie game going over there, but with socks, just because the school won't let them carry any thing that vaguely resembles a gun.

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:59 AM

Glendora is where we have our clan wars still, but Walnut High School is in the City of Walnut, and that's where we'll be having YANOs in the future. It's closer to Irvine than Glendora is by about 15 minutes or so.

Armageddon's a once a year thing, usually in July, but YANO happens about once every other month or so. We'll probably have another one late next month, though, if not then EARLY April.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:02 AM

Well I'll have to check how long it takes me to get to glendora. I imagine it won't take too long. Is this a once a year thing?

While we are on an unrelated note, UCI is a pretty nice school. They are trying to get a zombie game going over there, but with socks, just because the school won't let them carry any thing that vaguely resembles a gun.

Actually We try to play one to two times a month. the Next war is going to be down in Lake Elsinore, in Riverside County, For My B-day. The Thread Is located here: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10487

And in the original Feb Yano thread Has the address of Walnut High, so you can get an idea on where we played.

-Bags

...on the side note of UCI's Anti-Gun issue...That's something I'll have to resolve if I go there... perhaps I won't have to worry about it and I'll get in at Chapman.

#8 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

That war sounds way legit, and it's making me itch for 'geddon '08, tell Hubbard if he doesn't make it down to 'geddon, we're getting a divorce.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:48 AM

Gratz on the war and new locale. Now, it looks like you boys have a lot of work to do.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Indeed, we do...
----------||||||||)

#11 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

That war sounds way legit, and it's making me itch for 'geddon '08, tell Hubbard if he doesn't make it down to 'geddon, we're getting a divorce.

I'll be sure to send him the note.
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#12 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

:) :D

#13 godownnow2004

godownnow2004

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Actually We try to play one to two times a month. the Next war is going to be down in Lake Elsinore, in Riverside County, For My B-day. The Thread Is located here: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10487

And in the original Feb Yano thread Has the address of Walnut High, so you can get an idea on where we played.

-Bags

...on the side note of UCI's Anti-Gun issue...That's something I'll have to resolve if I go there... perhaps I won't have to worry about it and I'll get in at Chapman.

I live in La Mirada and would love to come nerf it up with you guys.

#14 PILZ

PILZ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hey Guys...
I'm finally back in the Haven....woooo...
February YANO was FREAKIN AWESOME. I have the pics ready but theres a glitch im trying to work out and i guess it be readty soon
so more war stories from the PILZ side of things

Right when we started Hubbard shot me in the face lol. My respects...never underestimated Hubbard (typo?)
Cheese Boy apparently shot me while i was holding the Fort...yeah i didnt feel it but i guess if three people are confirming a hit, then im out. lol. (i also didnt want to be a dooshbag)...nice shot cheese...That theatre entrance was a hell of a place to defend which is fair game for both sides.
Another highlight was the lethal ass shot.
Falcon has that reputation to hide well behind trees but this time his buttox was his achilies heel lol.
Yeah his ass was sticking out so shooting his was Effeminate.

After that round, Falcon and Bags rushed me while i was holding up behind a hedge. I noticed Adam shot Falcon and Bags flanked me on the right. The minute he got a clear shot his gun jammed and I took him out. Small blessing if you ask me. No credit on my part ...lolerskates.

anywho it was all good nerfing that spot.
The second joint with a balcony and everything was uber tricky. Shelley initiaded herself as a volatile markswoman the minute she shot me from an shockin distance. I hit bags twice which led to the somtin like "you'e not supposed to be shooting this good" (or somtin like that )
That level took nerfin on a vertical level which adds death from above.

After all that jazz we relocated to said park which i forgot the name.
Like bags said....it was pretty much Patriot style fighting...
Fire and maneuver....
So the highlight of that was that two things
Bags was rambling on about sumtin i cant remeber so I just took a shot at him. lol.
He knew it was coming too lolol.
By all means the only person to ever get me frustrated in terms of accuracy is Falcon.
Boy can he sport a manta ray...gets on my nerves you know..lol. I fire, he block, I fire he blocks

But yeah Falcon inspires me to reload way faster....like 3 seconds per dart...
The maximizer is a great spring shot but its REAL tricky reload at a decent speed.
I treat it like a musket pretty much.
(avg. 5 seconds per shot)

after the wilderness fight...

what was left of the crew hit up Gtown and gathered the few from Falcons clan and duked it out at GLendora High.
I was pretty stoked of the fact that we made it a NARF vs. Black Nights battle or in short
Me and Bags versus the other three.
Bags had a nu gun of foamy doom which gave us a vantage due to being a lil bit outnumbered.
So as we fought , Bags and I actually managed to hold em off. In one rush Worsley caught me reloading and i ran around this huge pillar. He tries to sneak around the other side to shoot me but i had already reloaded fast enough and shot him point blank.
I dont remeber the rest much but it came down to me versus one of the other knights.
We wound up in loser situation (which almost led to necrocide) where we both were behind bushes and waited ( a long time!) come out. I thought i was gonna get hit. HE had the vantage of having the school light pointed at my face while he gets the darkness.
Finally! i chased him down and got him to waist a shot from his primary and conviced him to drop his weapon [no teabagging tho...sniff ]....(a maximizer vs. a nightfinder? please....lol.)
So yeah we won. Freakin shweet.
Good times.

suck points.

didnt film it but F-IT
i came here to shoot foam!
oh yeah

Cheese...thanks for filming the wilderness skirmish!
good job! yalll

this is PILZ
this is NERF!

Edited by PILZ, 20 February 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Whats the situation guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users