Ivanko "super Gripper"

19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Like this?
Posted Image

Edited by bobafan, 08 February 2008 - 05:45 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Is this supposed to make you stonger?

Why not just work out with free weights?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Training with free weights will increase your grip but not the extent this will.

For example when you do free weights you strengthen whatever muscles you are trying to work on. Your grip gettign stronger is a small beneficial by product of doing weight training.

However using different apparatuses to specifically target the muscles used in gripping will ultimately lead to a stronger grip.

Train for what you want to achieve, thats all.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:55 AM

Rememeber kids, it's not just about slapping a whole pile of weight on and just barely doing it. Focus on form in whatever you do, and it all isn't about weight. The best workout I ever had was for rugby training using only two 20lb dumb bells. Most guys couldn't do any more than 20 and some couldn't even do 15. Try this one: depending on your strength, pick up two light dumb bells about 10-15lbs less than what you normall curl. Curl both of them like a bicep curl and while still curled, do a lunge and lower the weights. Stand back up in your normal position, curl them again and then do a shoulder press with both of them. That whole motion is 1. Do two sets of 12 per lunging leg.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#7 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:22 AM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

Rememeber kids, it's not just about slapping a whole pile of weight on and just barely doing it. Focus on form in whatever you do, and it all isn't about weight. The best workout I ever had was for rugby training using only two 20lb dumb bells. Most guys couldn't do any more than 20 and some couldn't even do 15. Try this one: depending on your strength, pick up two light dumb bells about 10-15lbs less than what you normall curl. Curl both of them like a bicep curl and while still curled, do a lunge and lower the weights. Stand back up in your normal position, curl them again and then do a shoulder press with both of them. That whole motion is 1. Do two sets of 12 per lunging leg.

I'm going to have to disagree, I've learned that the making yourself fail is the best way to get stronger.

Theres a kid who is still 15 years old on my football team and he has been maxing out and lifting to the max from freshment to sophomore year. He gained 40 pounds of weight and now benches 315(max) in one year. He's also our running back. He also claims he doesn't take any form of enhancer, which I don't believe.

Infection, why do you want to get you grip stonger? Is it for like a sport or what?

On the subject of wieght lifting, what is the best "enhancer" to put on wieght? I've been using Maximum Mass for the past 2 months and I've put on 6 pounds. Any other recomendations?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#9 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:09 PM

That's a cool gadget, bobafan (and DarkInfection).

You know what can also increase the activity of the muscles in the forearm and wrist, and help develop grip strength? A cheap, old-fashioned simple exercise from back in the day.

Take a sheet of newspaper. The full-size sheet, not a small comic section. Then grab one corner in your fingers with one hand.

With your arm extended in front of you and your palm down, start crumpling the paper with ONE HAND, using primarily your fingers. Deliberately grab and crumple as the paper moves up and gets compressed by your fingers and palm. Keep doing it until you've crumpled it into a ball. Toss it and start on the next one.

Most people don't believe it until they've tried to do 1 or 2. I can do about 8 sheets before I burn.

....I've learned that the making yourself fail is the best way to get stronger.

I'm in agreement with that one.

That's why you should always train with a PARTNER who is just as COMMITTED as you are to strength and bulk training. They will allow you to take yourself to point-of-failure, and spot your remaining 2-3 repetitions when your muscles just about give out. That brings about the fastest results. Painful, yes. But very effective.

Anabolic steroids and other performance enhancers are primarily "recovery" aids, allowing a quick workout as soon as the next day, with maximum "rebuild" time. Others surely are strength enhancers, like Anavar, but many others, like Winstrol, Dianabol, and Deca-durobolin are effective on the tail end of the training regimen.

Infection, why do you want to get you grip stonger? Is it for like a sport or what?

On the subject of wieght lifting, what is the best "enhancer" to put on wieght? I've been using Maximum Mass for the past 2 months and I've put on 6 pounds. Any other recomendations?

Back in the day, I used to take free-form amino acids, going heavily with L-Arginine and L-Tryptophan. That supplemented with beef liver pills or caplets.

But put simply, just eat well.

Eat LEAN red meat, chicken, fish, and pork. A Quarter Pounder or Whopper is NOT healthy meat (almost 30% fat). KFC is not healthy chicken. A Filet-O-Fish is not healthy fish.

Eat TONS of RAW vegetables (I don't just mean corn and potatoes). Eat tons of salad.

Eat good carbohydrates. Potatoes, brown rice, whole grain bread.

Don't eat junk food. Basically everything a high-schooler eats? Forget it. That's just fat waiting to happen.

Eat well, train hard, rest, and don't play too many video games and you'll see performance gains. Most young men don't because they give up too quickly and can't discipline themselves to a good training regimen.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#10 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

I didn't say anything about not reaching your point of failure, and most of my statements were about gaining STRENGTH, not BULK. Not to say they don't come hand in hand, I was just trying to say that lying flat on your back with your feet on the bench will NOT do much for your bench, as it is super wrong form.

Darkinfection: that was just an example of not needing lots of weight, doesn't really do much for your grip.

Edited by WratH, 10 February 2008 - 02:34 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#11 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

"STRENGTH is an interesting term. Strength can be put into two categories, max strength (maximum amount of strength applied over a short period of time) and endurance (repitition). Depending on your sport you need a different mix of the two. A football linemen needs very high max strength whereas a wrestler needs high endurance.

If your goal is to just be able to lift more weight you need to do high weight low reps (my favorite work outs are progressive workouts where you keep adding weight and decreasing weight, example: 60% of max 8x, 75% of max 5x, 90% max 2-3x, 100% of max 1-2x, with a spotter, I usually use a program like this with different numbers, sometimes starting at 50% or 75% and going as high as 105%)

If your goal is to get better at sports, forget about bench press. It'll make you look bigger but doesn't drastically increase performance. Focus on your core (abs, back, etc.) and legs. When running, 60% of your speed comes from your abs (not legs).

If you just want to look better, you want to more toning with higher reps. About a year ago my university had a max reps competition for bench press (using just the bar). My friend and I are very competitive in the weight room (our body-weight has been within 15 lbs. of each other since high school and our strength is similar, except squats where my max is more than 50% higher than his) and decided to enter together. We picked out a couple of benches side by side and went to it. We both thought we could do around 125 reps, and normally that's when we would have quit, but neither of us was going to admit defeat to the other so we outlasted everybody else. Around 225 reps we both thought our faces were gonna explode. Passersby who didn't know how many reps we were at looked at us like we were retarded for struggling so much with just the bar. He pooped out somewhere in the mid 260's amidst a lot of huffing and grunting. I was slowing down and he was a few reps ahead of me. I heard him rack his bar and I gained new hope. I finished my rep and looked over for half a second (almost causing me drop the bar) and saw him gassed and limp on his bench. I did ten more reps and got the glory! Anyway, the point is, afterward we both had to change for class and neither of us could lift our arms high enough to get out of our gym shirts, that was the only time in my life I helped another man take his clothes off and allowed him to do the same for me. On my way to my class (which happened to ballroom dance) I saw an old friend who commented on how huge I was. The high amount of reps forced large amounts of fluid into my chest and shoulder muscles and I did look huge. Part of it went away as time passed but for months I enjoyed a better toned chest than I had ever before in my life...then I got fat and lazy.

So, that was a long post, but yeah, weight lifting is fun, but I usually don't bench press much, focusing on the core and other more helpful muscles.

#12 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

I think it's because he can't grip something hard enough, if you know what I mean.

On topic: I am one of those people with a naturally skinny body. I get all the exercise I need from Nerf.

Edited by yourface, 11 February 2008 - 02:23 PM.

#13 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

I can have 2 Chipotle's for dinner, a pizza for lunch and a shake for breakfast and gain 0 pounds because I have baseball conditioning.

Also, weight is good in NERF especially if you play a lot of long rounds.

*My rant about weight and dodging*
Otherwise, I find weight unnecessary. One example of this (bpso86 and twitch can testify to this) is when I ran, in the middle of a fight, in and out of fire shooting 2 people and not getting hit once. I was not hit because I am small, quick, and malleable. This does NOT mean that people that are bigger can't dodge. rather, they need to better at dodging than I am because, no offense, they are larger targets.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#14 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Yes, I'm also skinny.

I'm 140 pounds and I'm 5'10".

Right now I'm looking big. I have gotten SO much stonger over the past year. I can finally lift with the seniors and even the lineman. I'm benching 180 now. I'm ready to start next year in football. I've adopted a sic pack in 3 months.

For those of you "hardgainers" out there like myself do the following:
-Don't stop eating, eat steak, potatoes, veggies, I don't drink soda anymore(I'm unsure if that's helped)
-LIFT 3-4 times a week, your arms should be shaking on your 3rd set
-take weight gain

I'm telling you, your going to get jacked if you do that for 6 months.

#15 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

I'm from 5' 11" to 6' 2" depending on th doctor and weigh about 137 so I'm prettty much a toothpick.

The only workout stuff I do is pretty much bench my 4 pound sword alot of times, curl my chainmaile hood (8lbs) until my arms hurt, wear my 35 lbs of chainmaile around all day about once a week, and use my bike for transportation (alot cheaper than insurance and gas too).

Edited by bobafan, 16 February 2008 - 01:33 AM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#16 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

I'm from 5' 11" to 6' 2" depending on th doctor and weigh about 137 so I'm prettty much a toothpick.

That's close to the same body build I have.

Don't waste your time running or doing track(I'm sure you're pretty fast already considering your build).

You can get strong if you want to. I defiinitely did.

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

I ... bench my 4 pound sword ... curl my chainmaile hood ... wear my 35 lbs of chainmaile around all day

Seriously, just say you're joking, because I'm gonna be laughing pretty hard either way.

#18 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Um no.
I'm not joking.
Posted Image
That was a year or two ago.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:36 AM

HAHAHAHA!! That is fantastic. You're ballsy, I'll give ya' that.

VACC

#20 Lt Pwnage

Lt Pwnage

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

If ya really want a stronger grip, do what I do... 45 mins of guitar playing followed by THREE HOURS of rock climbing... (bouldering... no ropes :huh: ) Course I sprained my ankle last week so I had to take a week long break. Climbing strengthens your cour, you grip, forearms, even your calves... AND it's fun!! that's what I call training :rolleyes:
[/sarcasm]
QUOTE(VACC @ Feb 21 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

Well it's embarrassing. I mean, OBVIOUSLY I totally intended that pun, but if I had admitted it people would have called me a cock-jockey. I am NOT a jockey; I'm a fucking stallion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users