Airgun-maverick

A Maeric Mod

8 replies to this topic

#1 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

My Maverick got great ranges before it ( I have no idea what happened) broke. I did various small mods and replaced the spring with a RFR spring (Holy shit! That thing is actually good for something!) and it got 60 feet (no shit). But after it broke it got 20ft max. I decided to give the gun the kick it deserved for the beautiful shell. Well, mines not beautiful, after several failed paintings, but nonetheless. I integrated a “Super Charger 400” which is a SuperSoaker, back from when they were still owned by Larami. All I did was attach some ¼” tubing, and bent the firing pin, all very easy mods for the kick that the gun gave.

Sorry the lighting is bad, and my mom’s camera sucks:
Posted Image

I installed the stock by drilling a few small holes and putting bolts through the holes from the inside, and gluing them into the stock, which is made of CPVC.

The internals: (pump, tank, and trigger)
Posted Image

The slide is attached to the breech, which consists of a 9/16” outer, and 17/32” bolt and inner barrel.:
Posted Image

It gets at least the original 60ft at 6 pumps and has a rate of fire at of 12 shots a minute (1 every five seconds). It’s an utterly beautiful gun (If your over look the bad paintjob), and it performs well. What more could you want?

Edited by Maeric, 04 March 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#2 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Once again, it is proven that broken mavs can be made great.
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

Nice.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

"Nice" thats deep, marry me.

What tank did you use? SM 750? I'm think about using my Mav for something, have to make it useful for something :-\
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

nice use of the old super soaker hardware. If I didn't live in southern california I would have scrapped my CPS 1000 and 1200 for parts. Awesome job.

#6 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:44 PM

The slide is attacked to the breech, which consists of a 9/16” outer, and 17/32” bolt and inner barrel.

Attacked? Huh? You mean attached. Or...do you? :unsure:
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

"Nice" thats deep, marry me.

That is so going to be added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. Well, my current sig is better. Nevermind. But good mod. It's like a puppy being rescued from a dumpster and growing up into a fierce guard dog.

Edited by Bomberman, 08 February 2008 - 07:46 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

Is it uncomfortable to pump?

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#9 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, I meant attached, not attacked. I went through spell check to fast.

Its actually fairly easy to pump, and you have to pump the first two or so really fast otherwise it wont pressurize... I don't know why.

Thanks for all of the comments guys! Keep 'em coming!
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users